Yavin 4: Full sized or Oricon sized? Or neither?

Trentest

So both Rishii and Yavin 4 are coming in 3.0. That's 2 planets, and as a result, I'm not convinced that it's going to be how I'm assuming it to be.

Due to the wording, I'm assuming that the next story will begin on Rishii... then progress to Yavin 4, with both planets being "full planets", roughly Dromund Kaas or Taris in size.

But is it likely that the only "big" planet is Rishii, with Yavin 4 being a daily area, such as CZ and Oricon?

Or, is it more likely that Yavin 4 is just being used for FPs and Operations, like Manaan?

I'm a little confused by the wording... dunno if a dev can respond, though they are likely busy. Can anyone tell me which one it's likely to be, so I can level my expectations accordingly? :p

Yavin 4 is a moon.

^^ Will never give up on that one. :D

Regardless...

So both Rishii and Yavin 4 are coming in 3.0. That's 2 planets, and as a result, I'm not convinced that it's going to be how I'm assuming it to be.

Due to the wording, I'm assuming that the next story will begin on Rishii... then progress to Yavin 4, with both planets being "full planets", roughly Dromund Kaas or Taris in size.

But is it likely that the only "big" planet is Rishii, with Yavin 4 being a daily area, such as CZ and Oricon?

Or, is it more likely that Yavin 4 is just being used for FPs and Operations, like Manaan?

I'm a little confused by the wording... dunno if a dev can respond, though they are likely busy. Can anyone tell me which one it's likely to be, so I can level my expectations accordingly? :p

This is what I am expecting, though I hope it's fairly bigger than Oricon.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I have no idea how big Yavin 4 will be, but what I've learned from BioWare Austin is that it's better to go ahead and lower your expectations to avoid disappointment. I don't mean that as a slam on Austin necessarily, I think they are doing the best they can given the limitations EA has placed on them. If the expansion is at least the size of Makeb then we are probably lucky.

I have no idea how big Yavin 4 will be, but what I've learned from BioWare Austin is that it's better to go ahead and lower your expectations to avoid disappointment.....

This is so true, i fear that even with my lowest expectations i will be disappointed int he sizes, other then a few smaller things, I'm not sure when SWTOR has met or exceeded my expectations in the last 2 years.

Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised...but i doubt it

This is so true, i fear that even with my lowest expectations i will be disappointed int he sizes, other then a few smaller things, I'm not sure when SWTOR has met or exceeded my expectations in the last 2 years.

Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised...but i doubt it

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...!!!

* more maniacal pointless laugh *

That was so funny. Wait, were you serious? :o

i imagine rishi will be tiny and yavin will be the big planet though i could be wrong that is what i am currently expecting.

More the other way around surely.

Rishi, being a planet, is more likely to be the full-fledged world on par with Makeb, while Yavin-4 in comparison, is bound to be more similar to Oricon.

I also expect Rishi to have a Staged Weekly like Makeb.

I notice people mentioning D. Kaas. How does D. Kaas compare in size to Makeb? I guess I'm not too good at judging the relative size of planets especially with different level structures.

Makeb is bigger.

Plus, Dromund Kaas hits a far lower percentage, as far as having areas you can either freely explore or have missions on. Kaas City in particular -- artwork and the visuals aside -- is restrictive as hell.

I got to explore the city far more as a Jedi Knight than as an imperial character. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, Bioware used Makeb and its mesas to greater effect. Shame about the instant taxi rides though.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Yavin 4 is a moon.

^^ Will never give up on that one. :D

That's why I prefer the flat blanket "Worlds" because while Yavin 4 & Nar Shaddaa are both Moons not Planets they are, like the rest, WORLDS. Though, I do get a bit ticked when people do refer to Nar Shaddaa & now Yavin 4 as "Planets" when they are not Planets.

That said, I'd imagine that Yavin 4 will at the very least be like Manaan though they (Dev) very well could make Yavin 4 into a world only visitable through the Flash Point.

That's why I prefer the flat blanket "Worlds" because while Yavin 4 & Nar Shaddaa are both Moons not Planets they are, like the rest, WORLDS. Though, I do get a bit ticked when people do refer to Nar Shaddaa & now Yavin 4 as "Planets" when they are not Planets.

That said, I'd imagine that Yavin 4 will at the very least be like Manaan though they (Dev) very well could make Yavin 4 into a world only visitable through the Flash Point.

They already confirmed both are full-fledged words. Check below: ;)

http://www.swtor.com/shadow-of-revan

Explore Savage New Worlds: Rishi and Yavin 4

Travel to the tropical world of Rishi, a dangerous pirate haven at the edge of the galaxy, then continue your story on Yavin 4, home of the fearsome Massassi warriors!

First we go to Rishi and then Yavin 4.

Rishi, being a planet, is more likely to be the full-fledged world on par with Makeb, while Yavin-4 in comparison, is bound to be more similar to Oricon.

Why would they take a smuggler hideout and make it huge and a full fledged movie featured moon and make it tiny. Did you see Episode IV? Did you find Yavin-4 to be small?

Who cares about Yavin 4 or Rishi i say make manaan a full dailies area.

I do.

We already explored Manaan in the KoTOR series; Yavin 4 and Rishi, on the other hand, we have NOT.

Couldn't care less about Manaan at this point.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Why would they take a smuggler hideout and make it huge and a full fledged movie featured moon and make it tiny. Did you see Episode IV? Did you find Yavin-4 to be small?

basically this they will be the size that content demands they be and there's a ton more potential content in yavin than there is in rishi. though perhaps they will surprise me with what all they do with rishi i am currently expecting it to be small and insignificant compared to yavin.

Why would they take a smuggler hideout and make it huge and a full fledged movie featured moon and make it tiny.

I am confused. :rolleyes:

Who said Yavin 4 would be "tiny"? Do you have a link? A quote?

Or do you have reading issues?

Did you see Episode IV? Did you find Yavin-4 to be small?

Same as above. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Idk if I'm allowed to ask about this or not, but wasn't there a rumor about a different group of planets in the pipeline?

3 planets: Bothawui, Sleheyron, Ziost.

Or was that something different than an expansion?

More like...

A wet dream some of us had. :p

It's a relic from times past, nothing more.

Maybe they'll find their way into the game someday but not simultaneously, surely.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

small planets like quesh, oricon, etc... its not planets, its a little tiny spot of a planet... so every planet could be huge.

I will laught allot if both planets are like oricon size. Tiny planets.

But I want to believe, 1 will be Taris size and Yavin will be alderaan size. Both is like 1 makeb

Edited by Oyranos

Nar Shaddaa is a moon like Yavin-4 and that doesn't mean it is smaller than other planets.

I am also convinced that Yavin-4 will be bigger and have more content than Rishi. First of all people are more eager to see a well known place like Yavin that even goes back to the classic trilogy than a planet we barely heard of. And story-wise Yavin-4 also seems more important, that's where the final battle will take place.

Edited by demotivator