Why is the Seneschal's Pack higher priced?

Iwipe

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I had already re-upped my CC's, so I bought a hypercrate anyway. And the one thing I noticed is that there seem to be more rare decos (by rare I mean marked with the gold cc mark). Not sure if that's a possible reason for the hike or not. (Also small sample size, so not even sure if there are actually more of rare decos)

Sure, though I wasn't talking about an increase in price, but more like high-priced items on the Cartel Market in general, like the Ashfall Tauntaun for 3,000CC or the more expensive collection unlocks. 300CC for a pack is not that high, previous packs cost 320CC IIRC.

Yeah, but those aren't increases in prices.

What we have here is a situation where there was a set price for cartel packs (6900 or there abouts) and then suddenly without warning the newest cartel pack is 4000 in round numbers... and suddenly people are buying like crazy (combined with the fact that people wanted those decorations, so it wasn't all the lowered price).

And then they hike up the price to the old one again.

and not a word about the pricing at all from the devs.

I don't see it as too big of a deal.

More expensive items but more sought after because there are less of them, assuming the undercutters don't ruin the market like they usually do :p

Well, let's just say I reverted to my old ways of buying just one hypercrate and selling the individual crates for credits, whereas with the low priced pack I would buy 2 hypercrates and open 1½ of them and selling the rest.

In short, bioware would have made 9000CC off me this month if they had stuck with the old price, now they're only getting 6000.

And to make that even better, those 6000 will come from my alotted friend referral grants and subscriber grants, not from anything I buy for real money.

But if they had stuck with the low price, I'd have actually bougt some CC to get that second crate.

However, I think they are afraid that people WON'T buy CC if they have lower prices and just use their grants...

Edited by OddballEasyEight

What we have here is a situation where there was a set price for cartel packs (6900 or there abouts) and then suddenly without warning the newest cartel pack is 4000 in round numbers... and suddenly people are buying like crazy (combined with the fact that people wanted those decorations, so it wasn't all the lowered price).

100% exact

The folks in charge do a cost v expected return on the pack/Hypercrate. (remember that they're "new". Or reskinned)

One line (algebraic) is the cost. The other line is the expected number of purchases. (Curve).

Sure they could set the price at 100,000 / HC and 4,500 per pack but those wouldn't sell. Not in any meaningful numbers. Or they could set the price at 2,400 / HC and 100 / pack - those would sell a ton, but due to saturation, their return (Real $$) is not as much.

So, where the Cost line intersects the expected number of purchases is where they start. I assume they took that estimate and pushed the price up a bit (for whatever reason), hoping that people would still buy said packs / HCs and their return on "investment" (or re-skinning) is just as good as if the price was set lower.

Well, let's just say I reverted to my old ways of buying just one hypercrate and selling the individual crates for credits, whereas with the low priced pack I would buy 2 hypercrates and open 1½ of them and selling the rest.

In short, bioware would have made 9000CC off me this month if they had stuck with the old price, now they're only getting 6000.

And to make that even better, those 6000 will come from my alotted friend referral grants and subscriber grants, not from anything I buy for real money.

But if they had stuck with the low price, I'd have actually bougt some CC to get that second crate.

However, I think they are afraid that people WON'T buy CC if they have lower prices and just use their grants...

Hey, I never said I agreed with the increase :)

Who knows why they did it, and I highly doubt they will tell us, so it looks like we're stuck at 6480cc for now.

True, but this discussion certainly feels the same. When we got the Ashfall Tauntauns or the increased collection prices, there were also threads asking why the prices are now so expensive, and we did not get a response then, so I don't think we'll get a response now.

Like I wrote, I think that they want to keep the decorations valuable, and this is only possible if not too many players are buying them. There's no use for the devs by selling 2x or 3x times as many packs as usual now, when come a few months the market is flooded with so many items that no one wants to buy a new decoration anymore because players already have way more decorations than they can decorate and interest in GSH gets smaller.

Edited by Jerba

So what have we to do ?

Buying or wait BW react ?

Terrible question...

unlike some ppl, im not buying nothing with these Ridiculous price point for weak items, and the decoration while some may be good looking, im not desperate to get any of them.

So what have we to do ?

Buying or wait BW react ?

Terrible question...

They are 100% not going to lower the price now that they've already been released. For this pack at least, the price will not change.

This is the first time that I can recall a cartel coin price hike in the middle of a shipment. If you want to adjust the price, fine, do it when you come out with the next shipment.

Bit of a shady move here.

How is it shady? The price is right in front of you. They could charge a billion CC if they want. They aren't hiding anything from you.

Even if its a mistake you can still see the price in front of your eyeballs! On the off chance they didn't mean this to be the price you can easily NOT BUY IT. There is nothing shady about this.

How is it shady? The price is right in front of you. They could charge a billion CC if they want. They aren't hiding anything from you.

Even if its a mistake you can still see the price in front of your eyeballs! On the off chance they didn't mean this to be the price you can easily NOT BUY IT. There is nothing shady about this.

Because they set the standard of keeping the price constant with the other shipments, perhaps? I never said they were hiding anything, nor was I stating the prices haven't fluctuated.

And thanks for pointing out the obvious with identifying the price and making the informed decision on whether to, or not to purchase it :rolleyes:

I never bought additional cc to buy the old packs because the price seemed to high to me for virtual goods. However the new lower prices combined with decorations got me to spend actual money for the first time so I could pick up a hypercrate of each.

I probably will not be doing that this time even though I really likes some of the decoration in this pack. Asking more then $40.00 per hypercate pushes it back into "not worth the money".

I really enjoyed the lower prices, it convinced to buy more as each crate wasn't almost 7k cc anymore.

I was considering getting at least one crate today (even though I'm not crazy about it), but after seeing the price, no way.

Guess I'll be buying things off the GTN for a while and saving my RL money. :(

Disappointing. Not surprising but disappointing.

Whenever you guys have to continue fostering good-will, you go the other way around and shoot yourselves in the foot.

I have never, EVER seen people running a business as random as you guys do. Pretty much feels like whenever the mood strikes you... Jolly good show yet again guys. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It's fundamentally weird pricing imo... I was ready to plop down my credit card fro a 35€ CC bundle to grab a pack but having to purchase CC twice raises a psych barrier that makes me wanna sleep on the whole thing lol, 35 ooookaaay I'll du it, but 70? Hmmm...

It perplexes me why they don't price these hypercrates at 5.5k CC exactly, get them compulsive buyers in easily heh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.