The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Are the stat recommendations from Keyboard Ninja still valid today?

Larsenex

I am lving up a PT. In spite of all our gear going to be reset I am going to try to be as properly geared as possible for the current gear tier.

So a couple of questions. I will have him in 180 relics, 180 main hand and 180 chest /legs with the rest of the gear being Elite 168 incuding shield and earpiece. Im using the crafted implants with 105 shield rating till I can get 180. All gear is currently augmented with MK 9 kits and I am not sure on what augments to get yet.

I know Keyboard ninjas chart and can use it. My question is, Has the stats changed since the post he did for Power tech stat distribution?

Defense, Shield, Absorb. All have a formula which I can meet but I want to know if its 'currently' valid.

Also am I better off using Reflex armoring or Commando and why?

Thanks much~!

What gear reset? Are you referring to that past raid gear won't be top of the line at level 60? It should still be valid until you hit level 60 and should even be viable gear for SM raiding, from what I understand, so I don't get the point of "gear reset" that you are talking about.

My ideal tank stats post remains valid today. The only impending event which will invalidate the data as it stands is the arrival of 3.0, which will likely result in some changes either to the tanks, the stat DRs, or both. I'll be regenerating my post as quickly as possible after the arrival of 3.0 to account for any changes, but until 3.0 drops, you can rely on the post as it stands right now.