Sniper companion. Is Treek the best or should I be looking at another?

Obilam

What about scorpio?

Scorpio is the definition of useless. she's your tank until Kalyo (Do i even need to put this in spoiler tags? everyone and their mother knows the storylines in this game...) comes back from jail late in Chapter 3. But, in all reality, useless I would use HK before Scorpio. Typically Droid Companions arent good at anything, exception being HK, he's a good companion,

Interesting.......

I've generaly use Treek on tank mode currently but a few of you mentioned putting her into heal mode.....

If in battles I rarely have to worry about health, would it be beneficial keeping her in tank mode or switching to heal?

Regards

LAM

*EDIT*

Treek is much better in heal mode. Much less down time and battles take only a little longer!.... thanks.

Edited by Obilam

Scorpio is the definition of useless. she's your tank until Kalyo (Do i even need to put this in spoiler tags? everyone and their mother knows the storylines in this game...) comes back from jail late in Chapter 3. But, in all reality, useless I would use HK before Scorpio. Typically Droid Companions arent good at anything, exception being HK, he's a good companion,

hrm, i cant let that stand.

my fav`s are HK and scorpio. gear them properly (like any other comp) and they are awesome.

Scorpio is IMO a better tank then Kaliyo

I have both a sniper and gunslinger. When I leveled my slinger I did it entirely with HK-51.

Best companion imo.

You learn how to play a sniper/slinger without the aid of healing and a tank. You are forced to learn how to use your active defenses which I find most pve players absolutely terrible at.

You go in, kill fast and get out. Exactly how a sniper is supposed to play. Seamlessly plays into groups as HK is pure single target and doesn't get in the way of aggro management. HK lives as long as a tank or longer against a single target and doesn't get in the way of cc. Stick him on a gold while you wipe out even silvers in seconds. It demands a slight threshold of power to cross to take on some content but watching 2 snipers obliterate stuff fast is fun as hell.

• 2 weeks later...

The thing i like about treek is she's the only healing comp with an AoE Attack. other then that she's up there with every other healer, which are the most efficient comps for a DPS spec.

other benefit is full orange set of gear (2 of them actually...still no clue why they give you 2) with blue mods. don't even need to touch her gear till your early 20's.

• 4 weeks later...
I like Lokin and Guss. Guss is just funny anyways to me, and even without that, the fact that they can wear my hand me down gear is a bonus.

Now, if you got the time to procure extra gear, use what you want.

This! I love Lokin for my virulence sniper. I feel like god when I run with him. I have Treek but only use her with my marauder. I'm using Guss with my smuggler now, but it's a pretty new toon so can't give an honest opinion about his heals.

Lokin FTW!

Edited by Tadagyt