Is that too much to ask: more SW looking environments and gear please

Deewe

While it's fine to have a few graphics sideways, this game ain't feeling SWish and it's getting very sad.

Seems each iteration is killing the last hope of actually feeling like playing in a SW world.

SoR hints at gear point at:

- Assassin's creed IV, or should I say pirate cove look.

Not long ago the Legacy of the Rakata Flashpoint (ex) was totally making me having the feeling of playing FarCry, but maybe for the mobs.

Past records aren't better either:

- Tron armor

- Rift armor

- Age of Conan armor

- Pikachu armor (guy in red if you actually wonder)

- Bioshock armor

- The mighty can opener armor

- The chicken armor

- The Catwoman armor

Then you have the shoulder flaps: #1 #2 #3

Or the spikes

Not to speak about some head gear

The mollusk

The "indian"

The Dune hat

The French beret

The cone head

The cow

The antlers helmet

The bell hat

Err... not even sure how to name this one (*edit: headcrab)

And I'm not even digging into the weapons nor mounts...

So is it really too much to ask for more SW looking gear and environments?

Edited by Deewe

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legacy of Rakata made me think of KotOR. I very much feel KotOR is Star Wars, but that's me. Coruscant, Tatooine, Hoth and Corellia also fits with existing Star Wars environments methinks.

I agree that armour design tends to be atrocious, but luckily it's worst for PvPers (mwoahah!) and there's lots of decent CM (and thus available via GTN) outfits now.

I have to agree, some of the armour models look incredibly silly (those mahoosive shoulder pads are ridiculous) and some are plain dull.

What strikes me as lazy, and arguably the most pathetic thing i've seen in an MMO, is some of the armour in the cartel packs that people are paying their earned cash for is largely just a recoloured set that's already in the game.

I'm genuinely surprised at how popular those lottery boxes are here when you have people in other games causing uproar if a developer so much as mentions adding them. But that's a whole different argument for another time.....

There are some nice armours don't get me wrong, i've found a few I like, but there are some horrible (and lazily designed .. mainly concerning recolours) sets too.

I'll never be able to take those stupidly large shoulder pads on robes (or on anything) seriously. Out of the things I don;t like about the game, the shoulder pads are probably my biggest pet hate just behind not having separate queues for warzones.

Edited by Gomla

*Go and has her DS SW remove his shoulder pads* I liked them...

Recolors of gear, I generally don't go GTN hunting for them. Ones with hoods up/down, I do, or shoulder pads/no shoulder pads.

But Star Wars on Tat was basically a Western IN SPACE! I mean, look at Han Solo's outfit. Walked right off a Western movie's costume set for an extra bar person.

I'm genuinely surprised at how popular those lottery boxes are here when you have people in other games causing uproar if a developer so much as mentions adding them.

Personally I have no problem with the packs (or indeed the CM in general) because everything can just be bought off of GTN and then you can just print yourself infinite copies via collections. There's no need to gamble because other people are willing to do it for you. If I were to guess then that's why there's no outrage.

While it's fine to have a few graphics sideways, this game ain't feeling SWish and it's getting very sad.

Seems each iteration is killing the last hope of actually feeling like playing in a SW world.

SoR hints at gear point at:

- Assassin's creed IV, or should I say pirate cove look.

Not long ago the Legacy of the Rakata Flashpoint (ex) was totally making me having the feeling of playing FarCry, but maybe for the mobs.

Past records aren't better either:

- Tron armor

- Rift armor

- Age of Conan armor

- Pikachu armor (guy in red if you actually wonder)

- Bioshock armor

- The mighty can opener armor

- The chicken armor

- The Catwoman armor

Then you have the shoulder flaps: #1 #2 #3

Or the spikes

Not to speak about some head gear

The mollusk

The "indian"

The Dune hat

The French beret

The cone head

The cow

The antlers helmet

The bell hat

Err... not even sure how to name this one

And I'm not even digging into the weapons nor mounts...

So is it really too much to ask for more SW looking gear and environments?

I'd name the last one slice of pizza mask :p

Sure, let's have more SW looking gear and enviroments.

Look... any way you twist it, pretty much ANY enviroment is a SW enviroment and pretty much ANY outfit is a SW outfit.

Because there are millions of worlds and millions of creatures in the galaxy.

Not every smuggler looks like a corellian.

Not every jedi is a farm boy from Tatooine.

Not every sith wears a black robe.

You forgot to point out that she was never a Princess. She was an elected official who had the title of Queen.

She was actually a Princess before that. ;)

EDIT:

Or rather, she was. I dunno what's the status of that material nowadays... Probably Legends too.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

EDIT:

Or rather, she was. I dunno what's the status of that material nowadays... Probably Legends too.

No, unfortunately ALL the movies are still canon :(

Although I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around how someone can be a princes on a world where Queens are elected democratically...

No, unfortunately ALL the movies are still canon :(

Although I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around how someone can be a princes on a world where Queens are elected democratically...

I meant the reference of her being a Princess.

That one is part of some EU material I once read. As such, it's probably considered Legends also.

EDIT:

Leia was Amidala's daughter, and was adopted by Bail Organa. Somewhere along the way, to Organ as became the ruling House of Alderaan, so Leia was the daughter of King Bail Organa.

Padme was just a wealthy girl who studied into politics and became the elected queen at/about 13/14 years of age.

Edit: didn't see your new post. Likely is in Infinities or Legends now.

Edited by LyraineAlei

Wow, how lazy and uninspired.

I guess you are speaking about how BioWare keeps re-skining the game's assets ;)

Remove SW name from these pics and ask people around to what game or setting they belong.

Anyway cosmetic liking is a matter of personal opinion.

I respect that.