3.0 character debuff display issues with new "bloodthirsts"

Levram

As per the Developer LiveStream (starting at 46:10,) there are going to be four "Bloodthirsts" coming in 3.0, each with five-minute cooldowns (i.e. debuffs) that need to be displayed.

Marauders: Bloodthirst - Increases all damage and healing done by you and your operation group members within 40 meters by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds. Applies "Satiated" debuff which lasts five minutes.

Sorcerers: Unlimited Power - Increases strength, presence, aim, cunning, endurance, and willpower for you and your operation group members within 40 meters by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds. Applies "Drained" debuff which lasts five minutes.

Advanced Class C: Tactical Superiority - Increases critical chance by 10% for you and your operation group members within 40 meters by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds. Applies "XXXX" debuff which lasts five minutes.

Advanced Class D: Supercharged Solarity - Increases alacrity by 10% for you and your operation group members within 40 meters by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds. Applies "YYYY" debuff which lasts five minutes.

Currently, the game's operation frames can only display a maximum of four debuffs per player no matter how small the debuff icon size is set. With a total of four five-minute team-applied debuffs coming in 3.0, the current operation frame structure will consistently not show multiple vital pieces of debuff information.

As one post-3.0 example: A progression team is pulling nightmare Tyrans. The fight lasts approximately seven minutes. In the opening thirty seconds the team uses all four team buffs and has four five-minute debuffs applied to every player. Then a battle rez is used a few minutes in, applying another five-minute debuff to everyone. That's five long debuffs applied, which must be displayed along with multiple boss-applied Simplification debuffs, "Click the Pyramid" debuffs, Inferno debuffs and Affliction debuffs.

Knowing when your Inferno is dropping and who has Simplification and Affliction in the group is of vital importance in that fight. Also knowing when important utility buffs can be reapplied towards the end of the fight is also important, let alone when "Communication Breakdown" falls off a given player so that they can rez someone.

The game's operation frame display and management options need significant improvement in order to be able to handle the 3.0 reality that there will often be four or more five-minute long debuffs constantly applied to players. This is a quality of life improvement that should be implemented before 3.0 is released rather than frustrating players for many months before a solution is patched in. I encourage the Developers to head this problem off now.

Edited by Levram

As per the Developer LiveStream (starting at 46:10,) there are going to be four "Bloodthirsts" coming in 3.0, each with five-minute cooldowns (i.e. debuffs) that need to be displayed.

Marauders: Bloodthirst - Increases all damage and healing done by you and your operation group members within 40 meters by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds. Applies "Satiated" debuff which lasts five minutes.

Sorcerers: Unlimited Power - Increases strength, presence, aim, cunning, endurance, and willpower for you and your operation group members within 40 meters by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds. Applies "Drained" debuff which lasts five minutes.

Advanced Class C: Tactical Superiority - Increases critical chance by 10% for you and your operation group members within 40 meters by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds. Applies "XXXX" debuff which lasts five minutes.

Advanced Class D: Supercharged Solarity - Increases alacrity by 10% for you and your operation group members within 40 meters by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds. Applies "YYYY" debuff which lasts five minutes.

Currently, the game's operation frames can only display a maximum of four debuffs per player no matter how small the debuff icon size is set. With a total of four five-minute team-applied debuffs coming in 3.0, the current operation frame structure will consistently not show multiple vital pieces of debuff information.

As one post-3.0 example: A progression team is pulling nightmare Tyrans. The fight lasts approximately seven minutes. In the opening thirty seconds the team uses all four team buffs and has four five-minute debuffs applied to every player. Then a battle rez is using a few minutes in, applying another five-minute debuff to everyone. That's five long debuffs applied, which must be displayed along with multiple boss-applied Simplification debuffs, "Click the Pyramid" debuffs, Inferno debuffs and Affliction debuffs.

Knowing when your Inferno is dropping and who has Simplification and Affliction in the group is of vital importance in that fight. Also knowing when important utility buffs can be reapplied towards the end of the fight is also important, let alone when "Communication Breakdown" falls off a given player so that they can rez someone.

The game's operation frame display and management options need significant improvement in order to be able to handle the 3.0 reality that there will often be four or more five-minute long debuffs constantly applied to players. This is a quality of life improvement that should be implemented before 3.0 is released rather than frustrating players for many months before a solution is patched in. I encourage the Developers to head this problem off now.

Personally I think these buffs should have no debuff, and apply to the 4 people within your column just as it was before with the old inspiration. Right now with this current comp the ONLY thing stopping you from bringing one of each class is the "Force Damage increase for all players" that sorcs will have in 3.0, and which I presume all classes will have something similar.

Diversity is great, but diversity that is REQUIRED to run a raid is just as bad.

What REALLY needs to happen for the Operations Raid frame is for the information to be HIGHLY customizable.

I want filters! Mountains of filters!

- The ability to enable/disable the display of each and every single type of status effect, debuff or buff.

- The ability to filter to display heal buffs only if they are mine (mostly for Kolto Probes)

This would make the frame truly useful. Presently it's only mostly useful.

Given the current operation frames only being able to allow 4 debuffs I would imagine some type over overhaul will be needed to accommodate to be able to hold 8 debuffs which should then allow players to view everything or perhaps they will use a different system to show the "debuff" from the "raid utility" and another for operation debuffs.... Food for thought and very good point ....