So long and thanks for all the fish.

Severith

Malakise here,

(Warning, bad speller alert)

Upcoming changes to SWTOR (which I don't want to talk about here) have prompted me to unsub and uninstall, and I just wanted to say goodbye, as well as explain a few things that I discovered and kept mostly to myself, mostly for vengence pvp.

Goodbye to all my friends in Constant Rage, and Deadly Obsession, and an especially fond goodbye to Aphro, Lepp and Sparty.

Roleplaying with Ron'Mcdonald

It was really fun interacting with you rpers from time to time with my alt, Ron'Mcdonald. My hat is off to all of those who took it in stride, and roleplayed with me, even though I was a scary food clown. I like rp servers on most games, not because of the rping, but because of the stronger communites that they tend to create. I thought of Ron not so much trolling, as more of a test, which some of you failed, and many of you passed splendidly.

It's been said before, but ignored or forgotten, so it bears repeating: There is almost no diffrence between unranked and ranked armor stats. You can a full set of unranked armor in less than a week of pvp, and that's with hitting 55 with just the capped comm limit with no funny buisness. You can also milk the 45th level mods for a very long time. There is literally no reason to complain about your gear, or other people gear, or use that as an excuse for how things went down. The biggest diffrence is gear sets that have augs, and having the correct mods and enhancements for your spec, (unranked or ranked) and those that don't. Just plan for that, and you'll be fine.

Alot of people suffer from what I refer to as the "Wow" mentality, wherein there is only one acceptable way to gear, but I'd argue that SWTOR has alot of flexibility. Some stat stuff that people say is bad, but actually can kick ***:

Alacrity: The magic number is 5.5% ish, depending on server ping. That's enough to give you full unstoppable through your entire ravage after a leap. People theorycrafting will tell you that's not enough, but it actually is, since alacrity is applied to both the global cooldown and the channel. Vengence is a gimmick spec, in all honesty, either your oppenent knows the gimmick, and can shut you down, or is a noob and eats the last tick of ravage. Getting alacrity to the point where you retain unstoppable through the whole ravage makes it a heck of a lot less gimmicky. Most people, even experianced pvpers, time their stun based on the ravage, not the unstoppable buff. (Especially against vig guards since their version of unstoppable is just a blue glow, like all their other abilities.) The "best of the best" pvpers will notice, which means they will use their avoidance abilities, not stuns to negate the ravage. That's still benificial, since burning those cooldowns early shifts the meta more favorably towards the vengence jugg.

Crit

Crit was basically halved in 2.0, which makes everyone automatically hate it. What people never seem to notice was the diminishing returns on crit. With every other stat, diminishing returns can be charter with a sharp curve realitively early. Crit, along with absorb, is far more of a straight line. What this means, is that it is almost useless to use a little bit of it, but stacking it actually end up being pretty good. Eventually it does curve off, like all diminishing returns, but the value of that ends up being around 30% off of crit alone, not including main stat and buffs, etc, so getting crit to the actual point of diminishing returns detrimentally affecting it never really happens.

Basically, between the unstoppable full ravage, the extra crit, and well as timing relic procs, you end up making someone (preferably a healer) have a very bad day.

Thats all I can think of to say, thanks for reading, I'll be posting this in the jugg forums as well, in case anyone there is interested. Thanks for three years of more or less fun!

Malakise here,

(Warning, bad speller alert)

Upcoming changes to SWTOR (which I don't want to talk about here) have prompted me to unsub and uninstall, and I just wanted to say goodbye, as well as explain a few things that I discovered and kept mostly to myself, mostly for vengence pvp.

Goodbye to all my friends in Constant Rage, and Deadly Obsession, and an especially fond goodbye to Aphro, Lepp and Sparty.

Roleplaying with Ron'Mcdonald

It was really fun interacting with you rpers from time to time with my alt, Ron'Mcdonald. My hat is off to all of those who took it in stride, and roleplayed with me, even though I was a scary food clown. I like rp servers on most games, not because of the rping, but because of the stronger communites that they tend to create. I thought of Ron not so much trolling, as more of a test, which some of you failed, and many of you passed splendidly.

It's been said before, but ignored or forgotten, so it bears repeating: There is almost no diffrence between unranked and ranked armor stats. You can a full set of unranked armor in less than a week of pvp, and that's with hitting 55 with just the capped comm limit with no funny buisness. You can also milk the 45th level mods for a very long time. There is literally no reason to complain about your gear, or other people gear, or use that as an excuse for how things went down. The biggest diffrence is gear sets that have augs, and having the correct mods and enhancements for your spec, (unranked or ranked) and those that don't. Just plan for that, and you'll be fine.

Alot of people suffer from what I refer to as the "Wow" mentality, wherein there is only one acceptable way to gear, but I'd argue that SWTOR has alot of flexibility. Some stat stuff that people say is bad, but actually can kick ***:

Alacrity: The magic number is 5.5% ish, depending on server ping. That's enough to give you full unstoppable through your entire ravage after a leap. People theorycrafting will tell you that's not enough, but it actually is, since alacrity is applied to both the global cooldown and the channel. Vengence is a gimmick spec, in all honesty, either your oppenent knows the gimmick, and can shut you down, or is a noob and eats the last tick of ravage. Getting alacrity to the point where you retain unstoppable through the whole ravage makes it a heck of a lot less gimmicky. Most people, even experianced pvpers, time their stun based on the ravage, not the unstoppable buff. (Especially against vig guards since their version of unstoppable is just a blue glow, like all their other abilities.) The "best of the best" pvpers will notice, which means they will use their avoidance abilities, not stuns to negate the ravage. That's still benificial, since burning those cooldowns early shifts the meta more favorably towards the vengence jugg.

Crit

Crit was basically halved in 2.0, which makes everyone automatically hate it. What people never seem to notice was the diminishing returns on crit. With every other stat, diminishing returns can be charter with a sharp curve realitively early. Crit, along with absorb, is far more of a straight line. What this means, is that it is almost useless to use a little bit of it, but stacking it actually end up being pretty good. Eventually it does curve off, like all diminishing returns, but the value of that ends up being around 30% off of crit alone, not including main stat and buffs, etc, so getting crit to the actual point of diminishing returns detrimentally affecting it never really happens.

Basically, between the unstoppable full ravage, the extra crit, and well as timing relic procs, you end up making someone (preferably a healer) have a very bad day.

Thats all I can think of to say, thanks for reading, I'll be posting this in the jugg forums as well, in case anyone there is interested. Thanks for three years of more or less fun!

If you were leaving as a powertech or even sniper I could understand this. However to leave now when vengeance is actually getting interesting seems to me to be a waste. You see vengeance come 3.0 is no longer just about getting ravage up as quick as possible. They are changing vengeance so that your dots actually do damage now and can be applied to multiple targets with sweeping slash. This change makes them more of a dot spec which I always thought was lacking in the veng. If you are rethinking leaving at vengeances peak go to this link and read it all as I have.

Now I will go over the information you have supplied. I have known for a long time about alacrity for vengeance as have many people on pot5, at the time the BiS method of achieving the needed alacrity is one item with alacrity and the Microfilament earpiece that has power/alacrity. Many of these gearing tips will come and go the same goes for the arkanian 2 set which increases ravage damage by 8%. These will all likely change in 3.0 with the influx of a dot oriented play style and the new 6 set bonuses. However seeing as you want to notify the public of this change be my guest, but please at least try 3.0 so that you can see the effects it has with the new changes.