Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Would you play SWTOR if it didn't have ANY voice acting?

jtype_sw

Yeah...

I dont see why people have a problem with the voice acting?

Its better than the ***** in other MMOs... "Oh quest giver, ok, i'll take it, oh i have to read this 2000000000000 worded little essay to find out what im doing..."

Im in the same boat, i chuck on subtitles and read the side quests quite a bit.

Im there solid for my class quests though. I like my character having a proper voice, gives me more of a connection.

Nope. The voice over is the only thing interesting to me.

This is MMO # 8 for me (I think) and I was done with the genre until SWTOR. Either I stay interested or I abandon the idea that MMOs are a part of my life. There is no "next game". I sincerely hope Bioware has the stuff to keep it going.

The voice acting is huge for me. I am so enthralled with my characters personal story because of it and I just can't see the allure if it were just another 'Ah, I've been expecting you', text, 'Walk with the Earthmother', go quest type deal.

I have never really been a fan of Star Wars. I liked the original trilogy fine enough, but have always been more into Star Trek then Star Wars. I prefer pure fantasy and pure sci-fi over the combination which is Star Wars.

So originally I wasn't all that into this game. The reason I kept some interest was the fact that it was a Bioware game and fully voiced.

Would I have tried this game if it didn't have voice acting? I doubt it.

I think I found my home for quite some time now though, loving the game to death!

Yeah, I would still be here trying it.

Voice acting has nothing to do with why I decided to try it.

I think voice acting is kinda like the rifts in Rift.

Cool at first, but by the time one hits lvl 50, they will probably be tired of them slowing things down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.