Anyone sad that the DF/Sab hybrid will go away?

kvandertulip

Hybrid has 3 dots and Explosive probe. DF has whatchamacallit with 10 stacks o.O

Anyway, I still hate that I have to roll around for max dps lol.

DF has one of the simplest and most fluid rotations in the whole game. You don't even use Weakening Blast on CD. Never tried hybrid but I'm fairly certain it was way more complex than full-DF. And you can do perfectly fine without the roll, but there really is no need to - with 4 instant abilities (5 if you need to use Flurry of Bolt) you have plenty of opportunities to move about to position yourself for the roll.

I'm a bit sad about Hybrid going, but I'm expecting the changes to the three Disciplines (especially Sab/Eng) will more than make up for it.

It depends on how robust the optional powers are. From what I read I am assuming there will be a pool of powers to choose from that will make your character work somewhat uniquely. If they are just fluff then the Disciplines are just a content nerf that lowers the choices players can freely make now. We will soon see which way it is.

It depends on how robust the optional powers are. From what I read I am assuming there will be a pool of powers to choose from that will make your character work somewhat uniquely. If they are just fluff then the Disciplines are just a content nerf that lowers the choices players can freely make now. We will soon see which way it is.

I'd expect them to be somewhere in between. They gave the -60% incoming AoE damage while Entrenched/Hunker Down is active as an example of a GS/Sniper utility buff.

I'd also expect the Utility skills to be where we can pick PvE/PvP related buffs, so e.g. Shrap Bomb slow would be one of our Utility Skills.

Edited by MFollin

I think its safe to assume aspects of the DF/Sab hybrid will make it into the redesigned Sab tree. Why?

Look at TK/Lightning spec. A very large amount of people i played with preferred to hybrid Balance/Madness with it instead of going outright full TK, as it provided superior mobility, almost as much burst, better AoE, and a comparable amount of sustained damage.

Come 3.0, the Balanced Telekinetics/Mad Lightning hybrids are no longer available, however full TK/Lightning is getting AoE buffs and mobility buffs - Combining aspects of the popular hybrids with the full tree.

Looking at that, its safe to assume some of the aspects of the Dirty Fighting Saboteur/Lethal Engineer hybrids will make it into full Saboteur/Full Engineering trees with the redesign coming in 3.0

Looking at that, its safe to assume some of the aspects of the Dirty Fighting Saboteur/Lethal Engineer hybrids will make it into full Saboteur/Full Engineering trees with the redesign coming in 3.0

The only aspects of the DF/Sab hybrid that matter in relation to Saboteur are Shrap Bomb and Wounding Shots. Those are now tied to Dirty Fighting.

• 1 month later...
My favorite thing about 3.0 is I don't have to explain to players anymore why this spec is god-awful for pvp.

Oh it was super-fantastic when you ran into noobs who didn't know when to cleanse! You could basically global someone…

…where by "global" I mean "in three very-counterable seconds" and "after six friggin seconds of setup".

---

To the OP, I'm sad to see the hybrid go. But frankly, the hybrid that I loved was gone when 2.0 dropped. I really don't know if there will ever be another spec in the game as hard to play (or as rewarding for its difficulty) as the pre-2.0 hybrid. In the right hands, it was the highest parsing spec in the game by hundreds of DPS (usually 300-400). In the wrong hands, it could be the lowest parsing spec (also by hundreds). Now that's a skill ceiling.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

But frankly, the hybrid that I loved was gone when 2.0 dropped. I really don't know if there will ever be another spec in the game as hard to play (or as rewarding for its difficulty) as the pre-2.0 hybrid. In the right hands, it was the highest parsing spec in the game by hundreds of DPS (usually 300-400). In the wrong hands, it could be the lowest parsing spec (also by hundreds). Now that's a skill ceiling.

*sigh*

Downwards was more like 1.000 DPS, if you screwed your energy management, I think ;-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.