QUESTIONS - Shadow of Revan - PTS version

Minisep

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi !

My questions are simple. 1) Can we expect a PTS version of the Shadow of Revan expansion ?

2) If it is, what will it be possible to test ? And when ?

Not an official answer, but:

No.

Rise of the Hutt Cartel was never released on the PTS. Don't expect SOR to be, either.

However, it is likely that we'll see the 3.0 update (which is not SOR) on the PTS so people can play around with Disciplines and maybe the new Hardmode FPs.

• Dev Post
Hi !

My questions are simple. 1) Can we expect a PTS version of the Shadow of Revan expansion ?

2) If it is, what will it be possible to test ? And when ?

Hey Minisep!

Let me answer your questions, and explain a bit about how PTS will work for Shadow or Revan.

1. There will be a PTS for Shadow of Revan. However, similar to Rise of the Hutt Cartel, this PTS will be on a closed server.
  2. This closed PTS server will be testing all of the expansion!

As a note, for Rise we also did a PTS which was open to the public which tested some of the 2.0 features. We will not be doing that this time around. The only testing that will happen for 3.0 will be on our Closed PTS server. One question I know that will be asked is how you get into that testing group. Similar to Rise, we will be hand selecting some groups of players and then we will also be inviting players randomly to fill out the ranks.

Thanks!

-eric

Hey Minisep!

Let me answer your questions, and explain a bit about how PTS will work for Shadow or Revan.

1. There will be a PTS for Shadow of Revan. However, similar to Rise of the Hutt Cartel, this PTS will be on a closed server.

As a note, for Rise we also did a PTS which was open to the public which tested some of the 2.0 features. We will not be doing that this time around. The only testing that will happen for 3.0 will be on our Closed PTS server. One question I know that will be asked is how you get into that testing group. Similar to Rise, we will be hand selecting some groups of players and then we will also be inviting players randomly to fill out the ranks.

Thanks!

-eric

Can I be excluded? Will take me forever to download the PTS and would be a waste.

Hey Minisep!

Thanks!

-eric

Thanks for confirming Eric. Can we assume that these groups will be selected so that a representative cross section of the player base gets access meaning all play styles are represented?

• Dev Post
Thanks for confirming Eric. Can we assume that these groups will be selected so that a representative cross section of the player base gets access meaning all play styles are represented?

Absolutely! From both the random and hand selection we will make sure to cover every type of player. Very casual, hardcore PvP, progression Ops, etc.

-eric

Absolutely! From both the random and hand selection we will make sure to cover every type of player. Very casual, hardcore PvP, progression Ops, etc.

-eric

Are you sure you cannot just drop the Discipline part on pts so we can test various builds. Add a level 60 booster there as well.

-eric

Please make sure to get a significant amount of French/German players into testing.....don´t want to see those stupid translations like ex.: "Furchtwirt"....also they are funny;-)

The lack of 3.0 public PTS (not the new content - just the changes / additions) is concerning, especially considering the number of bugs and issues found during the 2.0 PTS (bolster being a pretty big bug) that had nothing to do with the new content (Makeb) itself.

Of even more concern to me though will be in how Bioware responds to reported bugs and issues, regardless of whether they are discovered in closed or open testing.

During the PTS for 2.0, I reported many bugs and issues specific to crafting and crew / mission skills, and the vast majority of these bugs and issues still went live with no comments or acknowledgment.

Most were corrected (some still exist) over several patches the first couple of months (e.g. low returns for unlocked one-time missions, missing crew missions, poorly balanced yields, poorly balanced materials requirements, blue crafting materials with no use, etc).

I'm fine with having the new content closed to public testing to keep it as fresh as possible for launch, but with all the changes that go with a level cap increase, coupled with all the major changes we are seeing with talents, the lack of a broader public test phase seems to be a large risk to take.

Edited by DawnAskham

-eric

Can I assume you wont be selecting any PvP players seeing as there's no PvP content to try?

That's very disappointing. I understand why you don't want the story spoiled, but you desperately need to at least test the rest of the 3.0 stuff and the operations as widely as possible. Every single time this game has failed to put new content on the open PTS, there have been simple problems to catch that make their way to live. Take a note from Blizzard, swallow your pride and put it all up there for testing. This is an MMO, not a single player game, and the story spoilers have to take a back seat to having everything function correctly.

Please make sure to get a significant amount of French/German players into testing.....don´t want to see those stupid translations like ex.: "Furchtwirt"....also they are funny;-)

Hell, yes.

If not for the stupid translation, also for the missing texts/names as blanks seem to happen frequently when adding new stuff...

Edited by Altheran

That's very disappointing. I understand why you don't want the story spoiled, but you desperately need to at least test the rest of the 3.0 stuff and the operations as widely as possible. Every single time this game has failed to put new content on the open PTS, there have been simple problems to catch that make their way to live. Take a note from Blizzard, swallow your pride and put it all up there for testing. This is an MMO, not a single player game, and the story spoilers have to take a back seat to having everything function correctly.

You misread. There will be a very short Beta, namely...

The Early Access period.

I can only hope that sacrifice is to be remembered. We shall prevail! :(

Hey Minisep!

Thanks!

-eric

So, I take it from this that extensive and proper vetting of the Disciplines system will not occur as it will not be available in the open environment. Not a good idea for a change this big to the class system, IMHO

-eric

Eric I'd just like to say that while you may not want players having an extreme amount of access to new content, I think it would be to your benefit, as well as the benefit for new players at launch, to have the PTS be open to the public at least for the discipline system. It's obviously a new system, and Guidewriters such as I would like to get SOME DEGREE of head start in order to start planning the writing of our new guides.

With such a new system, you can expect something close to mass anarchy as people try to make sense of things. I really think we need players to be able to see the discipline system and give feedback, as it's SUCH a major overhaul.

Edited by GrandLordMenace