What class is Lana Beniko/Theron Shan?

Transairion

Curious people's thoughts: the new trailer shows Lana draw a lightsaber for the first time and use Sith Lightning, suggesting she may be a Sorcerer (or a Juggernaut, that just happens to use lightning too).

Theron we haven't seen in combat yet, but he seemed a Scoundrel type of person to me.

Yes I'm aware they likely don't 100% fit to any "class" rules, but I'm curious what the closest analogue would be :)

In the following picture, you can -- presumably -- see the same Harrower-class Dreadnought as before, plus two Gage-class Transporters. Master Satele is also using a double-bladed lightsaber hilt identical to the one from the

and "Hope" trailers.

From your trailer analysis. Did you notice how she wields her Lightsaber in the way only the Jedi Knight class does?

From your trailer analysis. Did you notice how she wields her Lightsaber in the way only the Jedi Knight class does?

Indeed. :confused:

Not only that but...

Marr, instead of being a Juggernaut, appears to take a stance more appropriate to a Sorcerer.

Seems wrong somehow.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Indeed. :confused:

Not only that but...

Marr, instead of being a Juggernaut, appears to take a stance more appropriate to a Sorcerer.

Seems wrong somehow.

I think Juggernauts and Sorcerors use basically the same, as my Juggernaut takes the same stance as Marr does when I have the lightsaber out. Or at least almost the same.

Edited by Darkelefantos

I think Juggernauts and Sorcerors use basically the same, as my Juggernaut takes the same stance as Marr does when I have the lightsaber out. Or at least almost the same.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but I'm fairly sure this is the standard Juggernaut stance.

This is for Sorcerers, which is the same Marr -- apparently -- endorses.

What other dark subterfuges has he concealed? :mad:

We must act on this, swiftly and decisively. TO BATTLE!

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but I'm fairly sure this is the standard Juggernaut stance.

This is for Sorcerers, which is the same Marr -- apparently -- endorses.

What other dark subterfuges has he concealed? :mad:

We must act on this, swiftly and decisively. TO BATTLE!

Yeah, you're right, they're slightly different. Marr looks like a Juggernaut, so the stance would be more appropriate for him. Of course, it's entirely possible for Bioware to just make class mashups for characters as important as these. As if Marr wasn't intriguing enough already.

Edited by Darkelefantos

Yeah, you're right, they're slightly different. Marr looks like a Juggernaut, so the stance would be more appropriate for him. Of course, it's entirely possible for Bioware to just make class mashups for characters as important as these. As if Marr wasn't intriguing enough already.

I still have no idea who the man is -- other than he's english -- but he should win a plethora of awards for it.

;) Edited by Darth_Wicked

I still have no idea who the man is -- other than he's english -- but he should win a plethora of awards for it.
;)

I just checked imdb, they can tell you who voices goddarn ROGGAR DEN but not who is Darth Marr.

Actually, scratch that complaint - they have voice acting for the Revanite Travel Droid listed :rolleyes:

Not to mention the ever important Third Voss Commando, whatever should we do without him?:p

Edited by Darkelefantos

Theron we haven't seen in combat yet, but he seemed a Scoundrel type of person to me.

You would think so, but when you actually check the trailer again, you will notice he has two blaster pistols, although he only draws one. So he is technically a Gunslinger, if we go by just that.

As for Marr, I find it somewhat moot to try to give guestimate his "class" by his stance. There are a plethora of Jedi and Sith in this game that completely defy said class restrictions: Jedi wielding two lightsabers while in the Juggernaut stance, Sith in heavy armor wielding double-bladed lightsabers and so forth.

Marr is a Sith Warrior who is capable of using Force Lightning. End of story.

As for Lana, when you talk to her after retaking Korriban and ask her why she isn't "Lord Beniko", she states that she is interested more in the Force and it's secrets than power and titles. So I would argue she herself is more of a scholar, so she' probably loosely fit into the Inquisitor / Sorcerer class.

Edited by BenKatarn

We weren't "guesstimating" classes by stance, we were merely pondering why Bioware used said stances to begin with. It would require a special kind of derp to not associate Marr with the Sith Warrior and Lana with the Inquisitor. Edited by Darkelefantos

I just checked imdb, they can tell you who voices goddarn ROGGAR DEN but not who is Darth Marr.

Actually, scratch that complaint - they have voice acting for the Revanite Travel Droid listed :rolleyes:

Not to mention the ever important Third Voss Commando, whatever should we do without him?:p

For what is worth, not even Charles Boyd memorized his name. Eric asked him a few months back but he couldn't remember.

I felt gutted. :(