The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Galactic Alliance vs Phantom Hegemony

Beniboybling

I suppose, but they could always land a way a way and move via ground.

They could probably still spot them as they are marching. I suspect that the Alliance would place Pathfinders and Wilderness fighters around Fort Garnik and the surrounding area to act as early warning systems and find the enemy's approach path. With the AT-TEs in the right spot, they would be able to direct artillery fire on the enemy formation and severely whittle down their numbers.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there positions aren't that favorable, in order to repel the enemy they'll have to come out of the fort, where cover will be limited, the path to the fort also goes through a ravine, which means flanking isn't an option.

I'll get to the rest of this later because I'm on my phone, but.... what? :confused:

They could probably still spot them as they are marching. I suspect that the Alliance would place Pathfinders and Wilderness fighters around Fort Garnik and the surrounding area to act as early warning systems and find the enemy's approach path. With the AT-TEs in the right spot, they would be able to direct artillery fire on the enemy formation and severely whittle down their numbers.
A point I suppose, but then the AT-TEs will need to be transported, and could be shot down by gunships.

Or Octupurras, which in turn would make those AT-TEs easy pickings.

Edited by Beniboybling

You can't shoot through walls... and by the looks of them you can stand on them either.

They'll have to come out of the fort where cover will be limited.

Quick question.

So we are supposed to think the in-game stuff is just a miniscule representative, such as the refuge camp, yet the same does not apply to the walls of the fort?

Though the AT-TE just need a high location, not necessarily to be transported extremely close to the action.

Mass drivers ftw.

Side Note: By chance do you have a link concerning that Octo-droids firepower? Didn't see much other than 3 directions and such on the wiki, nor do I remember them just roflstomping enemy armor. Heck, if everything can 1 shot an AT-TE, what is the point of their heavy armor?!

Edited by Silenceo

Quick question.

So we are supposed to think the in-game stuff is just a miniscule representative, such as the refuge camp, yet the same does not apply to the walls of the fort?

Though the AT-TE just need a high location, not necessarily to be transported extremely close to the action.

Mass drivers ftw.

Side Note: By chance do you have a link concerning that Octo-droids firepower? Didn't see much other than 3 directions and such on the wiki, nor do I remember them just roflstomping enemy armor. Heck, if everything can 1 shot an AT-TE, what is the point of their heavy armor?!

The AT-TE's in TCW have taken multiple shots from AATs, so they do have good armor.

As per the Octo-Droids firepower,they just have a laser cannon and are more suited for long range than up close. They have a glaring weakness with the cognitive circuity globe which isn't really protected.

There are also some variety, most are anti-personnel but some were as big as tanks and used as artillery

Quick question.

Mass drivers ftw.

I wasn't referring to the size of the walls, but the design, they don't have steps or platforms or anything.

Sure but we are talking flying missile platforms here and 14 meter tall cannons, they bring the action to you.

I don't recall making any such claims about the Octuptarra, they will shoot down the transports, not the AT-TE.

Overwhelming numbers? Check. Brute force? Check. Not seeing the issue.

Well yeah, that is why the Hegemony is using them. They'll set up a couple of Octupurras, some war droids and so AT-MPs around the choke point, and when the Clones coming rushing through they'll obliterate them. It will also force vehicles to move in single file, making it easier for the Octupurras to pick them off them one by one.

As you say, the inability to bring their numbers to bear will make causalities a lot higher, and victory a lot less likely.

As I say Mannett Point would not be strategically advantageous to the Alliance. However its possible they may secure it just to stop the Hegemony getting it, well in that instance the Hegemony would take it by force.

And in this instance, your remaining fleet is infinitely smaller than what the Confederacy had to hand, different situation my friend. The Hegemony doesn't need many ships to prevent a few transports from getting planet side. Indeed in the absence of a powerful capital ship force the remaining tri-fighters alone could prove deadly.

Need I mention the Hegemony's remaining forces are bristling with point-defense?

Bastion is one of the most heavily defended worlds in the galaxy, you don't even have the firepower to penetrate the planetary shields, and Imperial Intelligence can easily evade any such ambushes. However, once the Malevolence is repaired, that frees up the rest of the fleet, if they haven't already solved the issue with storm commandos.

That and the Hegemony will be employing crack pilots to transport supplies from Geonosis. Just try and stop em!

Infiltration is a possibility, but whose to say Tholme, Jaina and some SpecOps can take Lumiya down?

I discussion for another day perhaps.

The infantry 2:1 ratio is diminished by the capabilities of the GA's vehicles. Adding to that the fact that the light vehicles of the GA out number the light vehicles of the PH by almost the same. Add to that the fact that the TX-130T Fighter Tank can run circles around any of the other vehicles deployed by both factions and numbers are a nonissue for the GA--having a top speed of over 100 km/hr faster than the AT-ST.

An attack from Mannet Point can be watched from the Fort as Garnik oversees the whole area. Spotting is completely possible without even leaving the Fort itself.

In reality a blockade of four ships is questionable, especially considering that a thirteen ship blockade was questioned multiple times in the previous match. In order to even try and blockade the planet the PH would be required to split the four ships it has left into differing zones of patrol. Separating them though opens up the possibility for the GA to launch hit-and-fades against them. Considering the firepower still left to the GA fleet taking out all the ships but the Malevolence in several runs is still a possibility.

Jaina has more than enough tools at her disposal to take out Lumiya. Tholme has more than enough capabilities to annoy the PH to the brink of insanity. It's only a matter of strategic timing.

And how exactly will the PH leadership get into contact with the crack pilots it needs? Its not like they can walk out into the streets--a possibility that the GA has.

How many gunships are there again?

Side Note: I just wanted to add that after Lumiya left the galactic stage, didn't Jaina continue to grow in power and skill, likely eventually surpassing her? I merely ask because Luke seemed able to handle her easily, and she very rarely won in fights, despite her shadowy plans being decent. And at that time Jaina was still coming into her own if I recall correctly, yet as time went on, did she not become a better saber duelist than even Luke?

Edited by Silenceo

The infantry 2:1 ratio is diminished by the capabilities of the GA's vehicles. Adding to that the fact that the light vehicles of the GA out number the light vehicles of the PH by almost the same. Add to that the fact that the TX-130T Fighter Tank can run circles around any of the other vehicles deployed by both factions and numbers are a nonissue for the GA--having a top speed of over 100 km/hr faster than the AT-ST.

An attack from Mannet Point can be watched from the Fort as Garnik oversees the whole area. Spotting is completely possible without even leaving the Fort itself.

In reality a blockade of four ships is questionable, especially considering that a thirteen ship blockade was questioned multiple times in the previous match. In order to even try and blockade the planet the PH would be required to split the four ships it has left into differing zones of patrol. Separating them though opens up the possibility for the GA to launch hit-and-fades against them. Considering the firepower still left to the GA fleet taking out all the ships but the Malevolence in several runs is still a possibility.

Jaina has more than enough tools at her disposal to take out Lumiya. Tholme has more than enough capabilities to annoy the PH to the brink of insanity. It's only a matter of strategic timing.

And how exactly will the PH leadership get into contact with the crack pilots it needs? Its not like they can walk out into the streets--a possibility that the GA has.

Well I simply feel these are not odds far from what we see in TCW. I'll save a proper comparison for later.

I don't think it would be that difficult, they only need to cover one zone seeing as the Alliance will only come from one direction. And if they are out of range they will still be detected and can be pursued by tri fighters.

Not if, however, the Hegemony manages to take out their remaining capital ships beforehand.

Perhaps, perhaps. But Lumiya will be well-prepared, and all Jaina really has is brute force.

Ziro my friend, Ziro the Hutt. Supreme Master of the Underworld! Doubt his capabilities, I dare you. :jawa_wink:

Well I simply feel these are not odds far from what we see in TCW. I'll save a proper comparison for later.

I don't think it would be that difficult, they only need to cover one zone seeing as the Alliance will only come from one direction. And if they are out of range they will still be detected and can be pursued by tri fighters.

Not if, however, the Hegemony manages to take out their remaining capital ships beforehand.

Perhaps, perhaps. But Lumiya will be well-prepared, and all Jaina really has is brute force.

Ziro my friend, Ziro the Hutt. Supreme Master of the Underworld! Doubt his capabilities, I dare you. :jawa_wink:

Except a single zone can only be so effective. Ord Mantell has more landing zones than Fort Garnik, what's to stop them from landing somewhere else and transporting them to the battlefield.

The PH has to find them first.

Lumiya will be prepared but so will Jaina. She won't go in blind.

I doubt the Hutts ability to convince people to fly into an active volcano. :p

I don't know he spent six months messing things up in the Separatist HQ on Saleucami.

Perhaps, but when they see an important role that has to work they go in themselves.

Tholme would do it with ease, whilst likely using his spec ops as a distraction.

I don't know he spent six months messing things up in the Separatist HQ on Saleucami.

He actually spent 5 months doing that :p

But he also likely spent more than a year orchestrating events for the entire Outer Rim Campaign. Oh, and a question- which Tholme are we using? Pre-Order 66? After? Before would mean he is even less likely to get his hands dirty, but after, he was ashamed that he had wasted opportunities and failed missions because of it.

As for repair of the Malevolence, I'm seriously doubting it. Any repair droids that are on board and can repair this form of damage where created after the Clone Wars, with the best being created during New Republic. And considering the crew are B2's, it would be illogical to have droids like that, regardless of Lumiya and other Imperial things.

Unless you can find one affiliated with the CIS that can repair a bridge, and other internal damages. Otherwise, you have astromechs, and maybe a goose droid.

Edited by Canino

He actually spent 5 months doing that :p

But he also likely spent more than a year orchestrating events for the entire Outer Rim Campaign. Oh, and a question- which Tholme are we using? Pre-Order 66? After? Before would mean he is even less likely to get his hands dirty, but after, he was ashamed that he had wasted opportunities and failed missions because of it.

5, 6 same thing. Maybe 5 months 1 week. :p

As for repair of the Malevolence, I'm seriously doubting it. Any repair droids that are on board and can repair this form of damage where created after the Clone Wars, with the best being created during New Republic. And considering the crew are B2's, it would be illogical to have droids like that, regardless of Lumiya and other Imperial things.

Unless you can find one affiliated with the CIS that can repair a bridge, and other internal damages. Otherwise, you have astromechs, and maybe a goose droid.

I don't think that type of repair can be done without having to travel to a dedicated facility.