The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The 3.0 Changes wishlist thread

TACeMossie

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me guess, you will 90% sure the world will end in 2012 too, right?

Actually I was 90% sure it wouldn't :cool:

And the others will follow the same pattern. Don't you get that? Is it hard to understand? No main ability in any tree will become utility.

Think before writing meaningless drivel.

Resurgence became a class wide base ability, or does that not count? :rolleyes:

Actually I was 90% sure it wouldn't :cool:

Resurgence became a class wide base ability, or does that not count? :rolleyes:

Oh god, stupid Comment Award of the year goes to me.

But what should be tank only instead?

Btw sorry dude

NP :)

And one thing I've always wanted in the tank tree is an AoE grapple, it would give tanks a lot more control of the battlefield

AoE Grapple followed by Neural Surge in Huttball would be the ultimate troll combo in game. Being able to pull a bunch of PCs to you in PvP would break balance way more than making Jet Charge baseline would.

Would be fun, but no thank you.

What ability would you guys like to have a enhanced version of in Tactics/AP and pyro/Assault?

Tactics/AP:

Replace Ion Pulse/Flame Burst with Fire Pulse/Immolate

Replace Pulse Cannon/Flamethrower with Ion Cannon/[something]

Pyro/'Assault' (Assault doesn't keep its name for VGs)

Replace High Impact Bolt/Rail Shot (because its probably gonna go that way)

Man, I would love for PT to have stealth. Much more useful than JC.

Relevant

I never thought I'd be saying this, but playing tonight I realized that VG DPS could find good use for a new OCD on a ~1min CD.

Obviously there would be some take necessary in order to give something like that, but I'd like to see something similar to Laze Target added. Maybe changed the Armor Pen on Focused Impact to 10/20/30% and make this new ability increase the Armor Pen of your next HiB by 25%

Probably not a big difference in the end, but to be able to front-load a little bit more damage in a quick burn phase may be beneficial.

I never thought I'd be saying this, but playing tonight I realized that VG DPS could find good use for a new OCD on a ~1min CD.

Obviously there would be some take necessary in order to give something like that, but I'd like to see something similar to Laze Target added. Maybe changed the Armor Pen on Focused Impact to 10/20/30% and make this new ability increase the Armor Pen of your next HiB by 25%

Probably not a big difference in the end, but to be able to front-load a little bit more damage in a quick burn phase may be beneficial.

Well since Focused Impact is now either baseline, utility, or non-existent we can't change it really, can we :p

I can honestly see one being given to tactics (and half expect it to be honest, either that or an execute), as that appears to be designed as the more burst-oriented class (more SC missiles, less DoT reliance, an auto-crit, ect...), though im more likely to believe an Elemental Damage increase, an Alacrity boost, or even just a shorter cooldown on shoulder cannon (cause reasons).

Either way, im just hoping for more info to come out soon. Or to get into the closed PTS. Especially the second option.

Well since Focused Impact is now either baseline, utility, or non-existent we can't change it really, can we :p

I can honestly see one being given to tactics (and half expect it to be honest, either that or an execute), as that appears to be designed as the more burst-oriented class (more SC missiles, less DoT reliance, an auto-crit, ect...), though im more likely to believe an Elemental Damage increase, an Alacrity boost, or even just a shorter cooldown on shoulder cannon (cause reasons).

Either way, im just hoping for more info to come out soon. Or to get into the closed PTS. Especially the second option.

Touche.

I guess the exercise in adjusting existing skills in 2.x in anticipation of 3.0 at this point is sort of like throwing darts at the wall, blind.

I think that would make sense, my initial thought in the idea for Laze Target VG edition was next HiB auto-crit, but with autocrit HiB already a thing in Tactics, I tried to come up with something that would still be of some use to all specs, and with Focused Impact taken by both DPS specs, figured armor pen tuning may be a good thing to play around with instead of auto-crit HiB.

The more I think about it, if the proposed increased armor pen buffed HiB doesn't crit when you use it, then the whole change probably becomes simply an exercise in futility and an overall DPS loss.

Oh god no. 75% armor pen on railshot can't be gone. It is so sexy

What evil beings would remove it?!

Edited by Petvin

Oh god no. 75% armor pen on railshot can't be gone. It is so sexy

What evil beings would remove it?!

Its probably just going to be:

"High Friction Bolts/High Friction Rails:

High Impact Bolt/Rail Shot ignores 75% of the targets armor and if the target is on fire, generates 8 Energy Cells/vents 8 heat"

Either that or HiB/Rail Shot will have 45% armor pen passively.

At least, thats what makes the most sense.

I really need to get on the PTS to be able to tell these things though.

Guess what? We have leaked stuff now! Would you all like to see the new PT stuff that has been discovered so far?

Is there any prof that the leak is authentic? It look fishy to me. Most classes stay mostly the same and vanguard/powertech totally change. Not likely.

Yeah, lets see it!:D

Cant discuss on the forums because ban.

Look it up on reddit.

Lets just say I was right about the replacement ability, but they swapped the primary stance and the names of the specs - e.g. Pyro uses HEGC, so the spec was wrong :p

EDIT - Ive said too much!

Edited by TACeMossie

Look it up on reddit.

Lets just say I was right about the replacement ability, but they swapped the primary stance and the names of the specs - e.g. Pyro uses HEGC, so the spec was wrong :p

And if ban for discussing it? Fascist moderators , i hope you lot face..... misfortune

Edited by Petvin

Look it up on reddit.

Yeah I was curious about this I didnt want to post about it just incase it was against the rules.

Yeah I was curious about this I didnt want to post about it just incase it was against the rules.

Especially for me now that I just realised im in the closed beta. Part of the rules for being in it include "You do not talk about whats in the closed beta"

Edited by TACeMossie