Please introduce dual spec ASAP

Ultrazen

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya know, no dual specs actually helped me last night. I had just got a group together for Taral V, as a healer, then I crashed and got stuck in a 20 min queue. When I was able to get back in I was still in the group! I was shocked! :eek:

Now they would have been perfectly justified in kicking me, I wouldnt have blamed em. I asked why they didnt, they couldnt find another healer :p

I laughed my *** off at this comment.

I'm a casual player. Yupper. I'm so casual that when WoW got boring I coughed up $75 a month to get to 2.2k arena rating in Bloodlust BY MYSELF with 5 shamans. So I am as casual as they get.

Take your crap elsewhere. 2004 WoW was the best MMO I have played since this one. It was fun. Why am I here right now, talking to you right now? Because WoW lacks "Fun", it's required to make me play the game.

Why are you even here right now? If WoW is so great you should be playing it right now. Hell WoW has become such a crappy community I resorted to playing with myself because I did not want to deal with the jerks who infest it.

2004 WoW was great, but its not 2004 anymore. Although some of the love for vanilla wow we all see through rose coloured glasses.

My statement stands, half the people who say they are against it in this thread are level 30 or so. Casuals.

Edited by Draccman

Then you should be in a guild or find good healers in your travels and befriend them.
Or, alternatively be a healer from time to time when none are available...

MMO's are SOCIAL games. You should use the SOCIAL aspect of the interface and TALK with people, you know SOCIALIZE.
This has nothing to do with dual spec. In fact, many of the people who want dual spec want it specifically because it enlarges the pool of people that they can group with.... you know, give them more opportunities to socialize.

2004 WoW was great, but its not 2004 anymore. Although some of the love for vanilla wow we all see through rose coloured glasses.

My statement stands, half the people who say they are against it in this thread are level 30 or so. Casuals.

Um, wouldnt casuals be MORE in favor of convenience features?

And thats a problem because?

The game has been out a matter of days so whats wrong with a lot of people being level 30 ish?

How does that make them casual in any derogatory sense?

Sorry I forgot, you r 733t and u R pr0 :)

Driz

I'd like to see dual spec, but activating that other spec would put you at 0 points, then you have to earn all points back before you can apply them. They should be earned at the same rate they were the first time around so you really learn what they do.

Imagine in RL if you want to change your career. You wouldn't want your pizza guy performing surgery on you 2 minutes after he figured out he wanted to be a surgeon instead of a pizza guy. You'd want him to have an education and experience before doing anything. Once trained and qualified he could make pizza and practice medicine part-time.

If we simplify the game enough we can all have the ability to do anything and everything and look the same, there would no queues for dungeons and no need to greed on loot as you will all need it.

SLIPPERY SLOPE

All you guys have is slippery slope and "I like leveling as only one thing!".

THere is always that *** who was in my group while I was tanking who needed the damn +Def trinket. So you know what I did? I left.

Dual spec screws me big time. "I'm building a tank set." WELL THEN GO TANK THE INSTANCE AND GET THE GEAR!

/endrant

Dual spec doesn't cause this. You're going to see it whether it exists or not, as long as people can respec.

I'd like to see dual spec, but activating that other spec would put you at 0 points, then you have to earn all points back before you can apply them. They should be earned at the same rate they were the first time around so you really learn what they do.

Imagine in RL if you want to change your career. You wouldn't want your pizza guy performing surgery on you 2 minutes after he figured out he wanted to be a surgeon instead of a pizza guy. You'd want him to have an education and experience before doing anything. Once trained and qualified he could make pizza and practice medicine part-time.

This isn't real life.

Na, on my trooper, I'd just pretend im diverting power from weaponry and in helm targeting systems to give more power to my healing probes :p

Full power to the forward shields! (on wait thats vanguard :D)

1. And you know this, how?

2. What's wrong with a non-casual taking their time to hit 50? I take gaming pretty "seriously" (I just like games, really), and I'm taking my sweet time with the story, when I'm not at work of course. Does that automagically make me a casual? If so, are the "hardcore" people the ones that sploited pvp to hit 50 on the first days of EGA?

SLIPPERY SLOPE

All you guys have is slippery slope and "I like leveling as only one thing!".

No, there's also the

"I want a flat, one time fee option, even if it's high, instead of a scaling use dependent fee" ... this argument is from exactly the root reason as the one that makes me like paying for my unlimited internet access better than the days when I had to pay by the minute.

There's also the "I just ran into a nice person while leveling, but due to our specs, one of us is not going to be able to meaningfully contribute to doing group content, so the lack of dual spec is discouraging social interaction"

No, there's also the

"I want a flat, one time fee option, even if it's high, instead of a scaling use dependent fee" ... this argument is from exactly the root reason as the one that makes me like paying for my unlimited internet access better than the days when I had to pay by the minute.

There's also the "I just ran into a nice person while leveling, but due to our specs, one of us is not going to be able to meaningfully contribute to doing group content, so the lack of dual spec is discouraging social interaction"

You do realize I'm extremely FOR Dual Spec right? I was criticizing the post as a slippery slope fallacy.

1. And you know this, how?

2. What's wrong with a non-casual taking their time to hit 50? I take gaming pretty "seriously" (I just like games, really), and I'm taking my sweet time with the story, when I'm not at work of course. Does that automagically make me a casual? If so, are the "hardcore" people the ones that sploited pvp to hit 50 on the first days of EGA?

Depends, most wow-kids measure hardcore in /played time, so if you have less than 1 month in swtor right now you're probably as casual as myself. People with friends/family/work and other RL social aspects will always be casual to them no matter how skilled they are at playing.

Fess up, you don't really understand what fallacy means, do you?

Are you being deliberately stupid?

Of course I do which is why I used the word.

Do you make a habit of posing on public forums using words that you do dont understand? Oh wait....

Just about every reason that the guy presents as being definitive of why dual spec is a must have is a common fallacy.

He will be telling me the world is flat next.

Driz

Just about every reason that the guy presents as being definitive of why dual spec is a must have is a common fallacy.

I'm sticking with my original assertion that you don't understand the definition of fallacy.

Also, you don't need to sign your posts.

-Driz