What's up with this new flash point?

I havn't had a sub since this time last year, and that's all that's been added? I'm a little disappointed. I like difficult new group content.

A LOT has been released in the last year. Very little is "difficult new group content," so you can be disappointed at that, but the latest tactical is not "all that's been added."

In what way does tactical = super easy? Tactical means it requires TACTICS, eg using your brain, not a roflstomp like Esseles.

MB, you know as well as I do that the "tactical" FPs (of which Esseles is, technically, one, as it doesn't require roles) are all ROFLstomps.

They are way, way too easy, but they give fast queue pops. I think that's the reason they were implemented.

Good news is, more folks are rolling tanks so you can do the real FPs more easily using Groupfinder. Bad news is, many of the new tanks suck and are belligerent about it.

If you've been gone for a year, here is all new content you have missed:

2 operations (Dread Fortress and Dread Palace, three difficulty settings in all)

5 tactical flashpoints (Kuat Drive Yards, Assault on Tython, Korriban Incursion, Depths of Manaan, Legacy of the Rakata)

1 daily area (Oricon, precursor story to the DF and DP operations)

Complaining about the lack of difficult new group content isn't really applicable here. ;) Call back when you're 10/10 DFDP NiM.

Edited by Memo-

In what way does tactical = super easy? Tactical means it requires TACTICS, eg using your brain, not a roflstomp like Esseles.

Tactical Flashpoints are super easy, period. Case in point, the Rakata tactical was soloed by a marauder during the first week of its arrival. The difficulty level is non-existent. Tactical Flashpoints do not require tactics, other than "hit the boss." Most of the "dangerous" reticles on the floor of any tactical can be eaten as the damage is tuned way down. I'm not saying it's bad that BW makes them so easy. I AM saying that we should at the very least admit that they are cake walks.

I'm not saying it's bad that BW makes them so easy. I AM saying that we should at the very least admit that they are cake walks.

I personally think that they are well aware that the tacticals are supposed to be easy as they don't require a tank/healer (& therefore the queues pop more quickly).

MB, you know as well as I do that the "tactical" FPs (of which Esseles is, technically, one, as it doesn't require roles) are all ROFLstomps.

Esseles doesn't require roles at all because it wasn't designed for group of 4 dps. It was designed for 2 (yes, two) dps without companions. 4 dps is just overkill for Esseles/BT.

Hard Modes aren't difficult either. Yes, that's true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4I_dLBtRqI ("worst tank class" destroying Athiss)

(Marauder tanking in Lost Island) Edited by Halinalle

Hard Modes aren't difficult either. Yes, that's true.

(Marauder tanking in Lost Island)

Two overgeared, overlevelled players vs the nerfed Lost Island Hard mode, such stronk example.

As the original Lost Island showed, they can make a challenging flashpoint but so many people complained that they couldn't get through it with green geared chars they couldn't play that it never happened again and the flashpoint was nerfed.

If you've been gone for a year, here is all new content you have missed:

2 operations (Dread Fortress and Dread Palace, three difficulty settings in all)

5 tactical flashpoints (Kuat Drive Yards, Assault on Tython, Korriban Incursion, Depths of Manaan, Legacy of the Rakata)

1 daily area (Oricon, precursor story to the DF and DP operations)

Complaining about the lack of difficult new group content isn't really applicable here. ;) Call back when you're 10/10 DFDP NiM.

What he said.

Two overgeared, overlevelled players vs the nerfed Lost Island Hard mode, such stronk example.

As the original Lost Island showed, they can make a challenging flashpoint but so many people complained that they couldn't get through it with green geared chars they couldn't play that it never happened again and the flashpoint was nerfed.

It wasn't just "green geared characters they couldn't play". You had to be geared in full ops raiding gear and even then the mechanics made it difficult for a guild run with voice chat.

Forget about trying to pug it. Pugging HM EC was easier.

Did you even watch the other video?

Even "the worst tank class" can complete level 55 hard mode.

No overleveled, no overgeared (level 55 gear in level 55 FP :D).

Some of the players even do hard mode operations semi-naked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ToFMsDj6TY

Edited by Halinalle

This is a game with group finder with no gear or role check and no in-game voice chat to cover every scenario. So yeah, sounds like a rather bad design idea to suddenly throw in a heavily harder content into random rotation. If it's a non-queable HM that players have at least certain degree of control over group set-up and tactics sure, but not with a Finder like in TOR. Edited by Pietrastor

This is a game with group finder with no gear or role check and no in-game voice chat to cover every scenario. So yeah, sounds like a rather bad design idea to suddenly throw in a heavily harder content into random rotation. If it's a non-queable HM that players have at least certain degree of control over group set-up and tactics sure, but not with a Finder like in TOR.

Actually it wasn't in random rotation. HM Lost Island had its own tier of FPs at the time, separate from all other HM lvl 50 FPs. It also had a clear label telling people the recommended gear level (Columi), though plenty of times I saw people naively queue up for it in their starter lvl 50 Tionese or PvP set from the mail. The only wipe-free runs I saw of LI were with groups in mostly Black Hole gear (2 tiers of gear above the recommended).

Fun times! It used to be if you got melee DPS in your queue pop for LI you should just call it quits and not even try the droid boss unless you wanted to spend an hour wiping.

Edited by Gardimuer

Did you even watch the other video?

Even "the worst tank class" can complete level 55 hard mode.

No overleveled, no overgeared (level 55 gear in level 55 FP :D).

Some of the players even do hard mode operations semi-naked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ToFMsDj6TY

Athiss was never a challenging flashpoint.

Lost Island was when it was released so it's a miserable example to give players overkilling the nerfed version.

People complaining about the difficulty of the original Lost Island is the reason we can't have nice things.

Edited by Gyronamics

Actually it wasn't in random rotation. HM Lost Island had its own tier of FPs at the time, separate from all other HM lvl 50 FPs. It also had a clear label telling people the recommended gear level (Columi), though plenty of times I saw people naively queue up for it in their starter lvl 50 Tionese or PvP set from the mail. The only wipe-free runs I saw of LI were with groups in mostly Black Hole gear (2 tiers of gear above the recommended).

Fun times! It used to be if you got melee DPS in your queue pop for LI you should just call it quits and not even try the droid boss unless you wanted to spend an hour wiping.

HM, not SM and not SM/HM Kaon (also much harder than other old 50 FPs).

HM, not SM and not SM/HM Kaon (also much harder than other old 50 FPs).

Kaon was only challenging if your group tried to ignore mechanics or didn't know how to handle the trash mobs. Its gear requirement was pretty much the same as every other FP in that tier (HM False Emperor, for instance, was about the same difficulty.)