Lightning Sorc or Sniper?

Coolrockski

I have read both threads here about underused spec(started by me) and the other long thread about a sniper. I want to commit and work on one(all i have time for), PVP primary obviously. Which is a better investment from start to finish in regards to being an effective ranked PVP player at some point? I am leaning towards sniper, but have watched some youtube videos that show how a lightning sorc can help out a team with off heals and shields. I do the animations for both. thoughts?

Engineering Sniper can be amazing in ranked if your familiar with your team. Solo ranked, not so much.

Then again.. Lightning Sorcerer aren't that great either.

Corruption/Lightning Sorcerer are in a really good place at the moment, as it allows you to queue as a DPS, but still do some seriously good healing. Though, I hope this will be fixed shortly because hybrids are pretty unfair in ranked.

If you eventually want to do ranked, Lightning Sorc is not usually the best option. You can make it work, but you have to pretty much constantly cast to keep up damage, which is hard when 2+ players are beating on you and interrupting you.

Now if you were to go Madness Sorc... it is much more versatile and able to be used on the move, while still putting out great damage. It is much more viable for ranked at the moment, not hard to play compared to others.

Sniper is one of those classes that takes a lot of experience to get good at, much more so in ranked, and you have to cast and re-position a lot to be effective. You are also limited to certain trees for survivability in solo ranked (The other trees can work, middle tree is just more effective overall generally).

So if you are very limited on time and want to do ranked... I would say stick to Sorc and practice using the Madness tree.

If you are favoring the Sniper, stick to the Engineering tree and get good at it for solo ranked. Get experience at Lethality or Marksman for group ranked.

I have read both threads here about underused spec(started by me) and the other long thread about a sniper. I want to commit and work on one(all i have time for), PVP primary obviously. Which is a better investment from start to finish in regards to being an effective ranked PVP player at some point? I am leaning towards sniper, but have watched some youtube videos that show how a lightning sorc can help out a team with off heals and shields. I do the animations for both. thoughts?

Lightning sorc isn't viable in solo ranked atm because it is so easy to shutdown, sniper is viable in solo and group ranked but has a high skill cap.

Edited by LeglessChair

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.