Sentinel/Marauder 3.0 Discussion/Wishlist Thread

Emperor-Norton

Guys, do I want to take the weaponmaster PvP gear? The mainhand has crit and surge, whereas in the past I've always looked for power.

I'm getting the feeling that all crit/surge mod/enhancement and strength augment is the way to go. Sentinel/Marauder are killing machines and the only way to kill something quickly is to crit it to death.

Edited by Ramtar

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, do I want to take the weaponmaster PvP gear? The mainhand has crit and surge, whereas in the past I've always looked for power.

Go for Power. Get Accuracy to 95% Melee for PvP/100% Melee for PvE. I think 2 pieces of Surge for PvE and maybe 3 three surge pieces for PvP. After that stack Alacrity. Those are the numbers you generally want to get. Also, I think Power Augments are the way to go now.

I'm getting the feeling that all crit/surge mod/enhancement and strength augment is the way to go. Sentinel/Marauder are killing machines and the only way to kill something quickly is to crit it to death.
What? Edited by Emperor-Norton

Go for Power. Get Accuracy to 95% Melee for PvP/100% Melee for PvE. I think 2 pieces of Surge for PvE and maybe 3 three surge pieces for PvP. After that stack Alacrity. Those are the numbers you generally want to get. Also, I think Power Augments are the way to go now.

If we're sacrificing that much surge to drop to 68%, is there even a reason to take Surge at that point? I know 2 pieces give you +18% Surge but having it only being 68% seems like a waste of stat if you go for alacrity at all.

Also the full Power augments...is that a PvP thing or were you suggesting that for PvE?

--------------------------------

Also I was just about to craft a thread for 3.0 changes/discussion before I saw this...debating if I should copy/paste my Annihilation/Watchman stuff into it or just make a new thread.

What is the spec to go as of 3.0 im truly disappointed with combat... Its now a dead AC precision 3s? MS 3s zzzzz bw.

Combat is still solid once you get the hang of it. Burst cycle is zen to PS to master strike with clashing blast for first cycle, followed by fillers and focus builders until PS to CB to dispatch for the second cycle. You alternate those two burst cycles and you will do solid damage.

Other option is to use concentration which also has very good damage.

I think at 60 you will be able to get 70% surge and still stack enough alacrity to get to 10% with the stance bonus. This is enough to allow you to MS, CB, and dispatch in the same zen influenced burst window. That will regularly get you a 30K burst. If you use Force stasis before it you can land 30K burst before your target is out of the stun. Pretty hilarious.

Bad idea. Stack power not crit. You get auto crit on clashing blast, and auto crit once per minute on dispatch with combat. Other specs also have a lot of crit boosts and auto crit. You will get a lot more mileage out of power, surge, and alacrity (alacrity only for watchman and especially combat) than you will with crit.

Main stat augments should be good though. Although I am betting when the theory crafters crunch all the data we will find that power versus mainstat for augments will be very close in total performance. Close enough that most folks will not be able to tell a large difference.

Edited by Vodrin

some changes I would like to see for 3.0+:

* replace Shii-Cho Form with Niman Form for Sentinel/Marauder. Thus allowing Sentinel/Marauder to have 3 forms: Ataru, Juyo, and Niman and Guardian/Juggernaut to have 3 forms: Shii-Cho, Soresu , and Shien.

Doing so,would require to completely remove Shii-Cho Form and adding it to 'Juggernaut/Guardian' skills.The thing is,I don't see the Problem with Shii-Cho Form.The changes won't be any different to Niman,if not the same(it'll just have a different Name on it.)BW made both ACs use the same Form for a reason.

* Force Leap/Charge for Sentinel/Marauder should work much like Mortar Volley for Troopers: Free Placing. This would allow a Sentinel/Marauder to Leap/Charge to an area location and not require a specific target to activate. Also, it would allow for an escape, if needed.

They're better off mixing Intercede + Force Leap and make it work 'both ways'.But same as above,would require removing the actual Leap and adding two different ones,to each AC.

Edited by ahzecklawd