so I bought a CC ship.....

Ivy_Blackrose

WHAT??? 18 bux for something I cant unlock account wide??? umm we got a problem....guess I will have to close my wallet back up, if I am gonna have to pay 18 bux on every toon for every ship then I am no longer interested in the Cartel Market, and considering I have spent like 300 bux in 3 weeks thats a huge loss for them Edited by Ivy_Blackrose
error

You don't have to buy Cartel ships, they are only copies of the existing ones just with different models. Also, the only thing related to GSF that's even legacy-wide are the achievements and I have a hunch that MMR is account-wide, but with the matchmaker working as it does atm, can't confirm that.

not to pour salt into the wound, but u realise those cartel ships are always on gtn regular for sale for ingame credits? time it right u can get some of them quite cheap.

plus there just coppies, just paying for shell. having a cartel ship has no advantage over others.

As for not being account wide, cant blame them, this game only keeps going if people buy things and sub for game etc.

The only advantage of the cartel ships is that you can get some ship types, such as the type 2 scout and the bombers, without waiting to build up enough fleet reqs to get them in the GSF tab. So it is just a time saver, if you have the CC.

I would be curious how much the average non-sub who plays a lot spends on CC, versus the cost of a sub.

I think they should expand the cc ship lineup to include the option to have copies of every kind of ship. They could be visually identical to the base models, but I'd love to have two bloodmark builds, for instance.

Or, just sell skins for ships, and let us swap out a slot, if the idea is to offer purely cosmetic options.

where is it in my collections? I want to unlock it for my account but I cannot find it in collections to unlock it.....

As has been said, your ship is only for one character. They probably SHOULD have allowed it to be unlocked on multiple characters as a FRESH ship on each (aka, you'd buy the ship, pay the fee, and every character could click on it to make a soulbound version you could equip for a fresh one).

But, they did not. Nothing in GSF is account wide, not cosmetics nor crewmembers and certainly not ships. There is no legacy integration at all. Much of this is intended (they don't want you to master a ship on character A, and then play it on character B), but some of it, like the inability to unlock cartel ships across legacy, does seem odd.

It's not a very important issue in the hierarchy of GSF things, of course.

18 bux for something I cant unlock account wide???

More like 15 or less, but correct, you can't unlock a fresh copy on other characters. Again, everything in GSF is character bound, period.

plus there just coppies, just paying for shell. having a cartel ship has no advantage over others.

You can queue up two copies at once, a minor advantage. And of course, you can earn about 13k extra requisition over the life of the ship with the 10% boost power (never any more than that, of course). And though I do not recommend, you can use it to boost your total req earned per clickable, then pay even MORE cartel coins to convert to fleet, then req a ship you consider your "main" slightly faster- but you shouldn't be doing that.

I think they should expand the cc ship lineup to include the option to have copies of every kind of ship.

I wouldn't be interested unless they were visually distinct, but they should have more cartel ships. I want more ships!

Or, just sell skins for ships, and let us swap out a slot, if the idea is to offer purely cosmetic options.

There are three mechanical advantages to cartel ships, and all are intended, so no, purely cosmetic is not the only thing.