The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Guild Ship missing

xStratigyx

Perhaps the problem has something to do with public listings, here's a couple screenshots after playing around with some decorations and publicly listing the ship. I checked the directory and this is what shows up:

http://i.imgur.com/b9lHcKi.jpg

Reverting back to private and this happens:

http://i.imgur.com/GXFhvjT.jpg

Hope this helps.

Edit: After speaking with some of my guild officers, it seems this issue is caused by someone getting invited or traveling by the public listings, and then logging out on the guildship with either the invitation timing out, getting banned, or the ship being set to private listings.

In our case, the 9307 prestige is the clue, the only time my guildship had that exact number was immediately after we unlocked the command deck and placed fusion reactor in the centerpiece hook. It was also the same time we invited someone from outside the guild onto the ship to check it out. Both of us that were on the ship at the time couldn't check to see if he got off before we had to log out for a bit. Later that day, when I personally observed the ship disappearing, it had already had more prestige than that due to members donating decorations.

We never had a problem inviting people before, but either we checked to make sure they left the ship before logging out or leaving the ship, or they joined the guild in which case they would have their own key and the invitation didn't matter. This was the only time that we had to leave without making sure they were off the ship first and that is when the bug hit.

Edited by Draqsko

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another observation:

Gold keys issued after your guild ship starts disappearing will not be able to force the guildship to reappear. I gave 2 officers gold keys after the ship started disappearing so that someone would always be able to pop onto an alt and make it appear. Well that didn't work, they could freely arrange the decoration hooks, pick up or place anything like normal, however it would not pop the ship back into existence until someone who had a gold key prior to its initial disappearance got on the ship and redeco'd it.

Our guildship is gone as well. And our Guild Stronghold on DK has completely disappeared, as though it never existed. I don't know how to get the stronghold back. It's all extremely vexing.

Thanks to the tips in this thread we are able to access the guildship for a few minutes at a time. While I do think the main problems started after I gave an invitation to someone, I should note some problems began even before that. For example, we had a guild member switch to a different guild, and after that he was unable to access our guildship in the public listing, even though everyone else could. He said our guildship was not in the list.

Harbinger / Chaotic Awesome

Our guildship is gone as well. And our Guild Stronghold on DK has completely disappeared, as though it never existed. I don't know how to get the stronghold back. It's all extremely vexing.

Thanks to the tips in this thread we are able to access the guildship for a few minutes at a time. While I do think the main problems started after I gave an invitation to someone, I should note some problems began even before that. For example, we had a guild member switch to a different guild, and after that he was unable to access our guildship in the public listing, even though everyone else could. He said our guildship was not in the list.

Harbinger / Chaotic Awesome

Did he look at the listing immediately after leaving your guild without relogging? If so, that is normal, the listings for guildships only refresh on log-in. Heck, I've sat there as a GM of my guild, setting the listing from public to private and back again, and never observed a change in the public directory until I relogged in. And this was the day of launch, that's not what is causing the ghost guildships.

Or maybe it is the cause in an indirect way, someone is on the guildship, logs out, then loses permission to access the guildship by whatever means, then tries to log-in. If that is the case, then the best fix right now would be to list your ship publicly, remove all bans, etc. And if your ship isn't bugged yet make damn sure anyone with a temporary privledge to enter is off the ship before they log out, and anyone you plan on removing from the guild, or banning from the ship is off it as well before they are banned/removed.

I am trying this right now, if it "fixes" my guild's ship, I'll report back here.

This is ridiculous! This bug has been going on for over a month with my guild. Why haven't you fixed it yet? The main reason we have been farming battle masters and commanders is to open up the flagship. . . how are we supposed to do that when there is no flagship!

Bioware has been known to forget bugs, to disregard bugs, etc, but this time I do not believe it to be the case.

First, you have to wonder if they have access to your guild and/or your guild ship, to analyze the situation.

If they don't, or even if they do, they then need to recreate it on a testing server, which can be complicated since I've never heard of this happening outside this thread.

It would not surprise me at all if it's taking this long simply because it's so hard to replicate and/or fix.

The best thing you can do right now is try to help. I would guess there are a few reasons it could happen:

• The guild leader changed

• The guild was renamed

• The guild ship was renamed

• The guild bank was purchased (unlikely to be the cause, but possible)

• Any number of Guildmaster/Officer actions I don't know about which could be bugged

Hi all, Lyndsay GL of Arcanix Retrieval Corp on Begeren Colony. Just wanted to add tidbits of info because this just happened to us. I gkicked a member that was on our flagship. After which I kicked him from our ship. He was gone for a few moments, returned. I added him to the Ban list a bunch of times and to no avail he was still bouncing around on our ship. The ship disappeared and went unresponsive while myself and another officer was on. I could pick up or place any decorations. Its only about 28% prestige with no room unlocks. Relogging on my main seemed to fix atleast the registry and my other toons couldn't even access the ship. Sorry for the block of text.

Add <Force of Light> Guild Stronghold from Begeren Colony to the vanished list, is shown as "Offline" on Public Listing.

Edit: with different members on different characters, it alternates between Flagship and Stronghold that is missing.

Bug reported in game, hoping a fix arrives soon.

Edited by swtordrz

Fix this ****!

We didnt spend 50 mill on a flagship for it to start disappearing after we bought the crew deck. :mad: Is there any more info on this, are they even working on it??

Yeah, for a guild whose ship has been missing for a week and a half and who had conquered planets before on our server, our guild members are constantly wanted to know what is up as currently we can't participate in conquest. I know its not realistic to expect a detailed analysis of whatever code caused this to glitch, but it would be appreciated to know a bit more than "we're still looking into it".

I'm GM of <Champions of Valhalla>, Republic side, Shadowlands server. One of my officers commented earlier in this discussion but I did want to touch bases with everyone as well and I would like to express my own frustrations with bioware for not handling this in a timely manner.

As with many other guilds we spent months saving credits to be able to enjoy the guild flagship the day that it was released. Since it's release, we have spent countless hours on flashpoints, operations, crafting and battling commanders to be able to unlock rooms (6 unlocks so far) and to collect the decorations to where we could truly call this place our haven. So for us not to be able to use it or have limited functionality only helps to anger our members.

Bioware, please fix this soon.

As for those who are also suffering from the guild flagship problems, here's what we've discovered:

1.) In order to travel to the guild flagship or to use the flagship transport option, someone must be on the guildship.

2.) If the person on the guild flagship logs in after you, you must log out to the character screen and log back in. Upon login, you will be able to access the guildship in the SH menu and to use flagship transport.

3.) When the guild flagship reappears, completion score is automatically 0%. Going into edit mode and making any edits (even simply picking up and putting down the same object) will put the completion to the correct percentage.

4.) Without anyone aboard the flagship, it disappears completely from the SH menu. Public listings will show "offline" but not indicate the name of the ship or any information.

5.) If you are on the guildship and are teleported for a warzone, you will be teleported back to the guildship afterward. Flashpoints are the same as long as you remember to select the exit area option which allows you to go back to your original location.

I would highly recommend that everyone try to park at least one infrequently used alt on their flagship in the case someone needs immediate access to it. This shouldn't be as much of a concern for a larger guild, but for a smaller guild... this could be your only way of saving it from disappearing completely.

Edited by Celestial-Fury

Either they stealthed in a fix for guildships....

Or I could resolve my guildship's disappearing bug by:

1) Remove all bans

2) Setting the guildship to public and leaving it

If they didn't stealth in a fix, the bug is being caused by people logging in on a guildship they wouldn't normally be able to enter. For example, setting the guild ship to public or inviting non-members who log out while still on the guildship, then setting the ship to private (or always having been private in the case of inviting people); gkicking members on a private ship while they are on it.

But my ship is now fixed and operating normally.. The caveat might be that it'll have to remain on public listings until BW actually fixes the problem (if they didn't fix it yet), but that's a small price to pay for having a functional guildship again.

Edited by Draqsko

<Champions of Valhalla> Guild Flagship is also fixed, but I don't know if was related to the patch so much as the server downtime. The assumption we have is that with the server reset it fixed itself, but that doesn't mean we should tempt fate and glitch our ship again.

So our ship is taken off of public listing. Let's hope that this doesn't happen again...

<Champions of Valhalla> Guild Flagship is also fixed, but I don't know if was related to the patch so much as the server downtime. The assumption we have is that with the server reset it fixed itself, but that doesn't mean we should tempt fate and glitch our ship again.

So our ship is taken off of public listing. Let's hope that this doesn't happen again...

I looked into it and it was a change made in the patch. Flagships shouldn't "disappear" again, and guilds that weren't able to access their Flagships should now have access.

Good catch!

I looked into it and it was a change made in the patch. Flagships shouldn't "disappear" again, and guilds that weren't able to access their Flagships should now have access.

Good catch!

Awesome thanks for your hard work. Now we just need to be able to decorate those back crew rooms that are still glitched.

Good catch!

You guys might make mistakes, but you also fix them. If you want people to know the bugs you're fixing instead of just the ones you create, you would do well to put fixes like this in the patch notes. People care about stuff like this. You can't expect your playerbase to appreciate what you do if they don't even know you did it. Learn to disclose your successes as well as failures. If the only things showing up on the Dev Tracker and in the Patch Notes are problems and not solutions, it's only natural that players will start to lose hope.

TL:DR - Don't just tell the community when you fail. Tell the community when you succeed. We care.

Edited by idnewton

• 2 weeks later...

Our Guild Ship and Stronghold have disappeared again.

They were fixed with the last patch, today our other GM (we share leadership for conquest) deleted a toon to benefit from the 12x Class quest XP, and our Guild Ship and Stronghold disappeared again.

Old workaround work still (leave one toon on it etc.)

Guild: UMBRA

Server: Jung Ma

Since he killed it twice now, beside the fix can we have a Legacy Title "Breaker of Guild Ships" for him?

Do we have to wait till Tuesday or is there something customer support can do for a single guild ship?

Our Guild ship and stronghold are gone now. This means no conquest participation for anyone in our community until this fixed. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

"The Shadow Legion"

On the Shadowlands server

(EDIT) - If you have a guild member on the ship have them log on. This will allow others to temporarily see the listed guild ship. Have the person who is the designated "Guild Master" log in and park that char on the ship until this can be fixed. Yes I know this means they are unable to play that char.

Important feature needed:

We need to be able to assign multiple guild members with the option to be able to make Conquest planet Invasion selections. Currently only the guild master can make this and no Conquest Invasion multipliers are added to the communities hard work until that ONE Guild Master gets home from full time work, school or vacation ect. Why was this not included in this content? Its unfair and should be changed soon.

We have many people that act as the guild master and together we run the community.

Edited by Sneekyblade