The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Atris upper robes are totally broken! Unusable with pants!

Alec_Fortescue

I'm amazed how they just throw these sets out without noticing this crap. So many good sets ruined and still not fixed. Tulak Horde's set is the same, could have been way better if they added more details. Half the CM sets have clipping issues >_>

Lok'Tar Ogar!

Ok, now to be serious: they solved the issues with Tulak Hord's boots (characters that were not body type 3+ had upper edges of Tulak Hord's boots fixed at the size of body type 3, now their size is proper). I suppose it is hard to fix all possible situations on a variety of body types, races and sexes for a particular set. Many mounts have problems with capes, they just "fall through" them instead of interacting with the mount shape or at least hanging from one side as a fallback.

@alec: You have several options for "Jedi robes" in game. Your options are less interesting as a non-heavy armor class, though. For heavy armor users, you have [Prototype] Indignation Chestguard (on a Republic character looks completely different than in the screenshot on that Torhead page) as one of the more interesting options.

The "Jedi robes" themselves are a contradictory thing, albeit sadly being G-canon. George apparently didn't think about Obi-wan (and many of the inhabitants of Tatooine, it seems) wearing "Jedi robes" while in hiding. His pre-prequel "Jedi general" uniform looked more similar to Luke's RotJ clothes.

Edited by Strajder

Why is it that every dangling upper part has been like this since they came out with the game, but it's never bothered you until now?

Female* version of the Genteel dress does the same, looks like absolute ***** as a result, but Bioware won't fix it. They won't fix this either.

*still angry about the "waah, the male version shouldn't have flappy bits!" whine that had the set re-broken after Bioware fixed it.

Female* version of the Genteel dress does the same, looks like absolute ***** as a result, but Bioware won't fix it. They won't fix this either.

*still angry about the "waah, the male version shouldn't have flappy bits!" whine that had the set re-broken after Bioware fixed it.

^^^^

Preach it, sister. I still have no idea how anyone was legitimately surprised by this.

Again: Atris' set looks great with skirts.

Also: I am opposed to any fix that is gender specific. For anything. Don't do it, BioWare. Just make an alternate version that looks different and leave my clothes alone.

Lok'Tar Ogar!

Ok, now to be serious: they solved the issues with Tulak Hord's boots (characters that were not body type 3+ had upper edges of Tulak Hord's boots fixed at the size of body type 3, now their size is proper). I suppose it is hard to fix all possible situations on a variety of body types, races and sexes for a particular set. Many mounts have problems with capes, they just "fall through" them instead of interacting with the mount shape or at least hanging from one side as a fallback.

@alec: You have several options for "Jedi robes" in game. Your options are less interesting as a non-heavy armor class, though. For heavy armor users, you have [Prototype] Indignation Chestguard (on a Republic character looks completely different than in the screenshot on that Torhead page) as one of the more interesting options.

The "Jedi robes" themselves are a contradictory thing, albeit sadly being G-canon. George apparently didn't think about Obi-wan (and many of the inhabitants of Tatooine, it seems) wearing "Jedi robes" while in hiding. His pre-prequel "Jedi general" uniform looked more similar to Luke's RotJ clothes.

Zug Zug, nah but for Tulak Horde they could have made it much better... you should have seen the concept art, it had a shredded cape and stuff, it was ******.

Zug Zug, nah but for Tulak Horde they could have made it much better... you should have seen the concept art, it had a shredded cape and stuff, it was ******.

I sincerely wish we'd never get to see most of the concept art for this game.

Recently, I posted on Reddit some for Makeb and I was like... WHAT...?!?! Not saying the guys don't do a great job with the tools they have at their disposal, plus the nightmarish engine but seriously...

The first picture alone... I don't remember ever seeing anything like that on Makeb. :(

I sincerely wish we'd never get to see most of the concept art for this game.

Recently, I posted on Reddit some for Makeb and I was like... WHAT...?!?! Not saying the guys don't do a great job with the tools they have at their disposal, plus the nightmarish engine but seriously...

The first picture alone... I don't remember ever seeing anything like that on Makeb. :(

Concept Art != Final Product...... its just a painting :p lol

Last I checked, no one said otherwise. Reading is too hard I guess. :rolleyes:

lol judging from the comments on Dulfy website and reddit etc many many people assumed because someone drew a nice painting of the Item that is what the item would look like :p *cough*Mandalore the ultimate armour set*cough* or *cough* Temple Guardian armour set*cough*

Edited by Tannatra

lol judging from the comments on Dulfy website and reddit etc many many people assumed because someone drew a nice painting of the Item that is what the item would look like :p *cough*Mandalore the ultimate armour set*cough*

Many people assumed, and rightly so, that the look would be close or identical.

It wasn't. Not by a long shot.

The one for Mandalore the Ultimate just looks half-as*ed to an insane degree. Same with the Exar-Kun one.

Chalk it up to 'engine limitations' I bet.

A fair assessment in most cases. Possibly not all though.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Many people assumed, and rightly so, that the look would be close or identical.

It wasn't. Not by a long shot.

The one for Mandalore the Ultimate just looks half-as*ed to an insane degree. Same with the Exar-Kun one.

A fair assessment in most cases. Possibly not all though.

was any official Concept art for mandalore the ultimate set released? i only saw the one Dulfy grabbed off Wookiepedia.... which looked closer to either fan art or official artwork for another star wars game/book/comic/anything else lol

was any official Concept art for mandalore the ultimate set released? i only saw the one Dulfy grabbed off Wookiepedia.... which looked closer to either fan art or official artwork for another star wars game/book/comic/anything else lol

I sense you're trolling but then again, it's also likely you can't do any better than that.

"lol" :rolleyes:

If you'd check the OFFICIAL CONCEPT ART for Tulak Hord and the Temple Guardian armor set, you'd know that those pieces are far more detailed and intricate than the ones used as basis for Mandalore the Ultimate and Exar-Kun.

They were designed in-house by Bioware's concept artists.

Mandalore the Ultimate and Exar-Kun, on the other hand, were far less detailed in comparison and even so, they came across half-baked.

I sense you're trolling but then again, it's also likely you can't do any better than that.

"lol" :rolleyes:

If you'd check the OFFICIAL CONCEPT ART for Tulak Hord and the Temple Guardian armor set, you'd know that those pieces are far more detailed and intricate than the ones used as basis for Mandalore the Ultimate and Exar-Kun.

They were designed in-house by Bioware's concept artists.

Mandalore the Ultimate and Exar-Kun, on the other hand, were far less detailed in comparison and even so, they came across half-baked.

yes i saw the concept art for Tulak hord and Temple guardian... neither really interested me that much. I only asked because i have not seen any concept art for the other 2 and you have answered that question and no i was not trolling i was asking a serious question which may have come accross as trolling which was not my intention but meh stuff happens we move on have a nice day :)

Tulak Hord set is nowhere near as bad as Atris'. Tulak's is my Imperial favorite i've been wearing for months now.

It's sad how much players actually were hyping up the temple guardian set (based on cool concept art) and now i don't see anyone wearing it. Not only it is missing numerous elements but the issue of double hood is also present. :p

Meh. Just waiting 'til next pack now. * IT* has to be in the next pack. I am so sure of it!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Concept Art != Final Product...... its just a painting :p lol

You haven't seen other games concept VS ingame have you? Look at WoWs for example, they do a damn good job and come so close.

Point is, bioware half asses these sets, there was an outrage thread for Mandalore the Ultimate before they released the pack, only thing they changed was the shoulders ._.

You haven't seen other games concept VS ingame have you? Look at WoWs for example, they do a damn good job and come so close.

Point is, bioware half asses these sets, there was an outrage thread for Mandalore the Ultimate before they released the pack, only thing they changed was the shoulders ._.

This is true, but keep in mind that the ingame models impose some limitations on the armor as well. When you compare various Mandalorian armor sets piece by piece, they all roughly look the same as in the concepts, but the "stylized", cartoony, player models ingame make their body glove to stand out, creating a completely different (and IMHO much worse) feel. Mandalore the Preserver's helmet looks different than the one in KotOR 2 as well, because of different models and perhaps texture zoom.

Additionally, Mandalore the Ultimate's set lacks red cloth tabard/skirt-like bits. I imagine this is because the engine doesn't handle them properly. It makes all the difference, the armor looks different without them.

Edited by Strajder

Tulak Hord set is nowhere near as bad as Atris'. Tulak's is my Imperial favorite i've been wearing for months now.

It's sad how much players actually were hyping up the temple guardian set (based on cool concept art) and now i don't see anyone wearing it. Not only it is missing numerous elements but the issue of double hood is also present. :p

Meh. Just waiting 'til next pack now. * IT* has to be in the next pack. I am so sure of it!

I wear the Temple Guardian's set on two of my characters and I have it fully unlocked in Collections so that I can use certain pieces on more people. I wear it with the mask on one and force the hood down on the other.

But then, I was one of the few people who was horribly upset when they ruined the Genteel Dress set for males and the Infernal armor set coloring, so what do I know.