The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

''popular'' sith/jedi with double bladed LS?

Bommus

so there is almost only sith who use double bladed LS? no powerfull jedi?

I guess the Jedi Order isn't really comfortble with the number of maimings and deaths it takes for a few students out of a hundred to master such an unweildy and impractical weapon.

Edited by Spetulhu

Zannah

Kas'im

Sarro Xaj, if you want a Jedi example from the Bane trilogy. His was an oversized version.

For most of the Jedi Order's history, double-bladed lightsabers were frowned upon as they believed the weapon was too geared towards causing damage as opposed to fighting to defend only (for which a single blade was sufficient). Still some Jedi built them but they weren't common.

I guess the Jedi Order isn't really comfortble with the number of maimings and deaths it takes for a few students out of a hundred to master such an unweildy and impractical weapon.

If you watched Star Wars: The Clone Wars (The Series) youll notice the Jedi tasked with security of the Temple were all Double Light Saber wielding Jedi. I personally found them to be pretty cool looking with their robes and Revanesque Masks.

If you watched Star Wars: The Clone Wars (The Series) youll notice the Jedi tasked with security of the Temple were all Double Light Saber wielding Jedi. I personally found them to be pretty cool looking with their robes and Revanesque Masks.

That's the only reason to have something like a double-bladed lightsaber - it looks cool. But even in game you see how dangerous and impractical it is. When my assassin goes running with saber on it looks like she's sawing it into her right leg. Carrying a weapon that takes off as many of your own limbs as the enemy's isn't really a good idea. ;)

That's the only reason to have something like a double-bladed lightsaber - it looks cool. But even in game you see how dangerous and impractical it is. When my assassin goes running with saber on it looks like she's sawing it into her right leg. Carrying a weapon that takes off as many of your own limbs as the enemy's isn't really a good idea. ;)

Every example of a Sith or Jedi using a double sided LS besides this game has shown them to uses it like a staff. And just like a single blade LS. They would of been taught to know how to handle it properly.

The reality is regardless if its a Double sided or single blade LS. Its impractical. But we're not talking reality and the only time youve ever seen it being used improperly is in a video game with lack of thought put into how a Jedi/Sith would run with a lightsaber.