The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lamest. Teaser. Ever

jedip_enguin

Yeah movies and video games are a 1 to 1 analog.

More often than not, video game teaser trailers tend to be just a logo and nothing more.

Type in "video game teaser trailer" on YouTube and see all the really amazing results you come up, or see how many of them are any longer than 30 seconds to a minute.

1 to 1 analogs are the only legitimate ones, as we all know.

Okay, I'll play your game anyway. Would a teaser for a Star Wars video game published by EA be a close enough analog for you?

3.0 drops in three months. This one is so far out that to hope for a release date of next summer is optimistic.

Of the two teasers, which is longer?

Which has more information?

Which has a greater variety of in-game footage?

Which has me more excited for the final product?

I'll give you a hint, it's the game still touting alpha footage.

Bonus question! Which of these two teasers could you more accurately re-create on your own? If you have a stronghold, a Revan costume, and a purple lightsaber - you could essentially turn around and have the teaser at the tips of your fingers!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'll play your game anyway. Would a teaser for a Star Wars video game published by EA be a close enough analog for you?

3.0 drops in three months. This one is so far out that to hope for a release date of next summer is optimistic.

Bonus question! Which of these two teasers could you more accurately re-create on your own? If you have a stronghold, a Revan costume, and a purple lightsaber - you could essentially turn around and have the teaser at the tips of your fingers!

Actually, THIS is the teaser trailer for that game (note the lack of the word "teaser" in your video, it's an actual trailer):

And as for your questions, they are not valid since one is a teaser for an expansion (a small digital one at that) and the other is a trailer for a completely new game.

But if you compare the two TEASER trailers (ie. the video I linked and the revan one) you'll notice that there's about the same information.

The Battlefront one shows nothing we didn't know already. Hoth will be available as a map (pretty much a given), there will be speeders (also a given) and there MIGHT be AT-AT's (but that might not actually be in the game).

It's also not actual game footage, it's CG footage made specifically for the trailer, so there's no way of knowing if AT-AT's will be in the game for example, and it doesn't show the graphics of the game.

All it actually does is tell us that battlefront is being made.

Oh, and FYI, you couldn't recreate the teaser in-game since A: this is revans new look, it's not in the game yet, B: Most of the surroundings are completely new, so not in the game.

You could just as well claim that you could recrate the battlefront trailer by setting it up in Battlefront 2 on the hoth map.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Yet you're not giving an example of one.

Okay, I'll play your game anyway.

So you're going to link me a teaser?

Would a teaser for a Star Wars video game published by EA be a close enough analog for you?

Yup...oh wait that isn't actually teaser trailer, but instead a behind the scenes sneak peek or dev diary.

You know what the worst part is though. There's a link to the teaser trailer for Battlefront right underneath the video you linked that's clearly marked TEASER. The video you linked is listed as Official Trailer.

- <- BATTLEFRONT TEASER TRAILER

Please, please explain to me in your infinite wisdom how what you linked is a teaser and not a dev diary or behind the scenes video?

Which is why the video you linked doesn't really show anything. In fact at this years E3 I remember a majority of the gaming press and just people in general complaining that EA's press conference was just a bunch of "Hey we're working on some games but don't really have anything to show you footage!" as demonstrated by that Battlefront trailer, the new Mass Effect game, and the new Bioware IP.

Both the TOR teaser and the Battlefront teaser are 30 second videos.

Of the teasers? Neither. TOR is just Revan and Battlefront is just a pre-rendered Hoth thing.

Same as the above, neither.

A more apt comparison would have been your excitement for TOR's initial release and Battlefront. Battlefront is a brand new full on game that has yet to be released. How could you think the to two things are even remotely comparable?

Again, it's not a 1 to 1 comparison. You're really bad at this.

You seem to have no clue what a teaser is, even when the videos are properly labeled for you.

EDIT:

Oddball beat me to it, literally saying the same thing at the same time I was typing my response. :p

Edited by Darth-Obvious

This is the strangest post I've seen in a while. Do people even proof read before hitting submit anymore?

I was teased yesterday btw. I expect to be informed later this month.

This is the strangest post I've seen in a while. Do people even proof read before hitting submit anymore?

And you shall be. In the same post that told us we will get teaser this week we were told that a information will start by the end of month.

Wait, are you telling me there was something wrong or misleading with that post you quoted?

https://live.staticflickr.com/5565/15264671122_428dd9519d_b.jpg ;)

I didn't even click the teaser link, knew it would be awful, glad it was confirmed.

Confirmed by someone who you hold in high regard, who's opinions and values you hold in the up most importance? Who's every word you hang on and trust completely?

Edited by Darth-Obvious

I dont agree.

And yes I KNOW about info coming this month. Maybe that is the tease!!

You don't agree that a teaser is supposed to tease?

Well it's pretty much in the name, you know.

If a teaser was a trailer chalk full of information, it wouldn't make sense to call it a teaser, now would it.

Now, I can understand wanting more information, but to vehemently disagree with the definition of teaser sounds incredibly pig-headed.