Can I ask about switching stance/cylinders

Darth__Reaver

So why does it cost cast time for a powertech/merc to switch to tank/dps/healz cylinder when jugs/Mara can just insta switch? Can anyone tell me the reason is powertech/merc more powerful that they need to have a cast time(I know they are not jugs are pretty OP ATM) but I would just like an answer on this its been bugging since I rolled a jug recently.

Jugg and assassins need also to quickly change stance in order to aoe taunt, while pts can taunt in dps stance too. I can confirm that assassins lose their total force while switching stance (back in the day they needed their force bar to be full in order to change charge)

This is to discourage people from "stance dancing" during a fight. For instance, they don't want a merc who is taking too much damage to switch into heal cylinder just to pop a heal on himself before switching back. Similarly, they don't want Assassins, Juggernauts or Powertechs to switch between cylinders for just a few seconds when they are getting focused heavily in PvP. It could still be done, sure, but losing your energy pool or having to channel for a second offsets any benefit you could get from doing so.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.