Do You like Lana Beniko?

Slowpokeking

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, Lana reminds me too much of Sateele. I like classic DS Sith, in Jadus mold. She’s certainly better than that Jadus’ offspring, heh, or the horrid Vesh. But if she had a Master Lana tag on her, I’d take her for a Jedi no pro. I just don’t see what makes her a Sith. Even her forms of address are only slightly modified Jedi’s mottos.

I dunno, Lana reminds me too much of Sateele. I like classic DS Sith, in Jadus mold. She’s certainly better than that Jadus’ offspring, heh, or the horrid Vesh. But if she had a Master Lana tag on her, I’d take her for a Jedi no pro. I just don’t see what makes her a Sith. Even her forms of address are only slightly modified Jedi’s mottos.

She does act like a Sith, it was made clear in her story of SoR.

Speaking as a Pub Jedi I think she is one of the most dangerous Sith alive. She's thoughtful and utterly ruthless when necessary. Unlike the typical Sith she uses her emotions to further her agenda rather than allowing her emotions to use her. I found myself having to constantly remind myself that she's Sith and that we are at war. Having said that I like her and hope to see more of her.

I didn't really have a preference on who I liked the most or not. I thought all the NPCs that were in the Forged Alliances arc, including the Revan story itself, were pretty cool. My two male toons romanced Theron, but only because I wanted to do that. I haven't romanced Lana yet, but I just haven't found the right character to do so.

Jakarro was a little annoying, but I'm not really into Wookies because of how they talk, it's why I never ever use Bowdaar. But aside from that, everyone had their own personalities. Likes/dislikes. Personal feelings, overall feelings for their side, etc.

They seemed like real people to me, or as real as NPCs in a video game can get. I think the writers did a good job writing their dialogue and the voice actors did a great job conveying everything. So, I can't really choose who I like or dislike.

Although, my male gunslinger REALLY hopes Theron will return...he misses him. lol

I like the personality but her character model is absolutely awful.

I mean, unique characters in this game, like Satele, Malgus and Malcolm always looked great and Theron is no exception as well... Lana on the other hand hand I'm not sure what happened.

I think she's deliberately in the "Uncanny Valley" area, personally. She's remarked upon as being strange (at best) by Sith standards. And it's not because she's Light-side, either: her eyes are that characteristic Dark Side sickly yellow, and she's a ruthless biyatch when the time comes to make the hard choices on Rishi. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the logic by which she did so - but Lana Beniko is -not- a nice person.

Lana Beniko is -not- a nice person.

She's only nice to the PC, because she's either afraid of you, or in love with you. Theron's a tool, and Jakarro is a friend when it's convenient, and a pawn when she needs him. Then again, I didn't like Theron much, even before SoR.

Aww, I just finished Rishi story, and I am totally Theron > Lana. She is Okay, and maybe a touch Sith'y but Theron is just awesome! I finally had some semblance of romance on my poor Space Warrior Nun! :) I am a sucker for the subplots when you go have a whirlwind adventure with your flame. That's why I liked Numen Brock so much. One fly in the ointment that Shan is human, but oh, well, can't be perfect! Edited by DomiSotto

So far I have run three of my characters thru the SOR story and have found myself liking Lana more and more. This last time on my Inquisitor I opted to flirt with both her and Theron and when I got to the last scene on Rishi and had to chose between them I chose Theron. What can I say I had stuck with Lana on both my SW and JG to see how the romance unfolded from both sides and figured it was Theron turn for attention and her reaction to choosing him actually had me feeling rather bad for her.

I know a lot of folks knock most of the writing in this game but the work with this one and the unexpected reaction from Lana really impressed me with getting such a reaction from me. It also made me with they had tossed in another option of romancing both of them, I mean come on a Darth , let alone a DC member ought to be able to have more then one pet :D

I like her okay, I guess. I don't think she's particularly Sith-y. She's pro-Empire and a little dark-sided, and she makes the hard choices, but that does not a Sith make. There's more to being a Sith than just

throwing Theron to the wolves

That's pragmatism, not Sith-ism. My DS trooper, my neutral smuggler would have both made the same choice.

It isn't that Dark = Sith and Light = Jedi. They're fundamentally different mindsets and I haven't seen anything in Lana's actions that shows me that she thinks like a Sith.

I really like Lana, she and my Sith got along wonderfully. Heck, given the choice, my Sith would have recruited her for Team change the Empire from within. Plus, it was nice to have a Sith that wasn't the "typical" Sith.

As for the others, I absolutely love them. Jakarro and the droid were absolutely hilarious, especially the droid.

Aside from my Sith, my smuggler (the only two I have run so far) got along perfectly with the entire group.

Naelah...

tried to recruit Jakarro and the droid. Asked Lana to join the Republic. Had a little romance with Theron, and offered him a place on her ship. Still not sure if they broke up, it was never mentioned. She misses him!! He's her only half-way decent shot at a relationship since she would rather shove Corso out of the airlock than look at him.

I just really, really hope these wonderful characters aren't ignored. I would love to see them return, and to see us work with them again.

Edited by Amadahy
Spelling

Yes, yes, yeaas! Started the FA on the Republic side, and Theron is prevalent! YAY! Can't wait to play with him on my Smuggler. :)

I have to say I loved how the SoR romance concluded on the Sith Warrior with Theron. Well done, BioWARE!

Edited by DomiSotto

Yes, yes, yeaas! Started the FA on the Republic side, and Theron is prevalent! YAY! Can't wait to play with him on my Smuggler. :)

I have to say I loved how the SoR romance concluded on the Sith Warrior with Theron. Well done, BioWARE!

Theron and the smuggler are epic! Based only on my opinion of the romance, and play, it was extremely well done and I LOVED how it concluded. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :-)

Theron and the smuggler are epic! Based only on my opinion of the romance, and play, it was extremely well done and I LOVED how it concluded. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :-)

I am big on the star-crossed lovers, so for me it will be hard to beat the opposite Faction romance. I saw with my Trooper that first flirt is offered very early on, that's a plus, but still the whole: "You know we are now enemies?" "Yes." (Big Kiss) was just epic!

But, yeah, I am going to see Lana's flirts first, on the Trooper.

Edited by DomiSotto

I am big on the star-crossed lovers, so for me it will be hard to beat the opposite Faction romance. I saw with my Trooper that first flirt is offered very early on, that's a plus, but still the whole: "You know we are now enemies?" "Yes." (Big Kiss) was just epic!

But, yeah, I am going to see Lana's flirts first, on the Trooper.

I just finished this on my operative, and you're right, it was epic. :-)