So what's the personal conquest goal supposed to be ?

Loc_n_lol

First two weeks it was 35k, then last week 25k, and now back to 35k again. Is it dependant on the week, the planet being invaded, or is the devs who cant make up their mind ?

It depends on the current Conquest for the week. Dulfy's SWTOR Planetary Conquests Guide.

I did well with the Conquest involving a 25,000 point personal goal, I think it was Trade Emporium. I play a few characters, but have more with 450 crafting skills and mats. With other Conquests so far, I gain some points for doing things in game that I enjoy doing, but I don't gain enough points to hit the personal Conquest goal.

The personal reward and guild reward really don't matter. What do you get, three or six 80k-100k gathering decorations, 25-75k and some scraps? Only encryption matters for the guild, but you can buy one for 200k easily.

The real goal is placing first on each planet and getting Galactic Conqueror title. I really see no point in grinding just to get 35k points or a place in top ten.

Edited by Kulyok

The personal reward and guild reward really don't matter. What do you get, three or six 80k-100k gathering decorations, 25-75k and some scraps? Only encryption matters for the guild, but you can buy one for 200k easily.

The real goal is placing first on each planet and getting Galactic Conqueror title. I really see no point in grinding just to get 35k points or a place in top ten.

Thank you for including your opinion that, at best, is only marginally related to the OPs question. I'm sure they found it both helpful and insightful.

OP, as the people above had said, the personal goal depends on which conquest is active, but most are 35k, with an few exceptions (25k for The Trade Emporium and 50k for Total War)

Thank you for including your opinion that, at best, is only marginally related to the OPs question. I'm sure they found it both helpful and insightful.

The OP's question already been answered a few times, Oh Attentive One. The thread is called "So what's the personal conquest goal supposed to be?", and I'm talking about my personal goal. You have any insights about yours that you want to share? So far you haven't added anything to the thread.

The OP's question already been answered a few times, Oh Attentive One. The thread is called "So what's the personal conquest goal supposed to be?", and I'm talking about my personal goal. You have any insights about yours that you want to share? So far you haven't added anything to the thread.

I would say that I disagree. The personal goal can matter very much.

I've been fortunate enough to "win" a grade 6 slicing node as well as some other various gathering materials useful in crafting for conquest. By simply harvesting them when you think about it, or having an alt parked in your strong hold, it is an easy way to gather mats/money, which is a good thing.

So I would say your complete disregard for the potential benefits to the personal goal are not in line with the utility (if you get lucky) they can provide.

Also his question was asking what the number of points required to reach the personal weekly was, not searching for people's opinions on what their own thoughts of how good/bad personal goals are. Which I did in fact answer.

My personal goal is 35k, the same as your personal goal, the same as OP's personal goal. I doubt he was asking about some theoretical "personal goal" where he wonders how high an arbitrary number you set to try and reach i.e "I set 70k as a personal goal to try my best to help the guild."

Edited by JMagee

Crafting weeks will be 25k, all others will be 35k. For now.

Which is beyond dumb.

I hit 25k making decorations for myself and friends on multiple lowbie alts without blinking and without doing anything more than logging onto an alt standing in my stronghold, and queuing up a bunch of crafted MK stuff.

Actually playing the game, I would be lucky to hit 25K on anyone other than the few 55s I have that see regular play, and 35K just pushes that to even less characters.

If anything, playing the game weeks should be 25K and crafting weeks should be 50K or more.

So, on average the personal goal is worth about 325k credits plus the scraps that you can purchase materials for and sell for a bit more..ie Electrum sells for like 3k per item at certain times during the week on my server. Then, you get another 350k plus even more scrap you can turn into valuable materials including purple mats that can go as high as 30k per item in some cases...So for one character if you hit your personal goal and your guild hits there goal you're looking at close to 1mil credits. That's not worth anything? The silly title is all that matters?

So, on average the personal goal is worth about 325k credits plus the scraps that you can purchase materials for and sell for a bit more..ie Electrum sells for like 3k per item at certain times during the week on my server. Then, you get another 350k plus even more scrap you can turn into valuable materials including purple mats that can go as high as 30k per item in some cases...So for one character if you hit your personal goal and your guild hits there goal you're looking at close to 1mil credits. That's not worth anything? The silly title is all that matters?

Yep. I can make a million a day just logging in for half an hour, what's the point in spending hours and hours of grinding on it? I don't think personal+guild reward is worth it, if you're not #1.

Aaaand wait, wait, since when does your 15 greens, 10 purples and 10(20?) blues make another 350k? Green mats = 40-45k max; also, you need luck for selling those genetic anomalies/electrum for 3k - the price bounces back to ~1400-1900 pretty fast. You can buy a rakata node, sure, but only one, since the scrap excange ratio isn't that good. I'd say you're looking at 700k on the average.

I admit that people ARE selling those gathering nodes pretty cheap right now: I bought about ten noxious ferns/bioengineering stuff for ~150k each; they should sell for three times as much. But there will be more and more gathering nodes, and less and less demand - many sell for 40-50k already, and there's a chance you'll end up with a ~20k grade 1 decoration.

Edited by Kulyok

Kulyok, thank you for your elitist input, now go back to your palace and let people enjoy the rewards they regard worth the effort they put into the conquest. Not everyone is so awesome as you to make a million in half a hour and those gathering nodes are really awesome to them and they get them for free for playing the content they usually played anyway.

Defensive much? :)

You absolutely aren't getting any points for playing the game, btw, if you are

1) playing the planetary story;

2) playing the class stories;

3) playing the story flashpoints in the order they're supposed to be played(i.e. queue only for Jedi Prisoner/only Legacy of the Rakata).

Which, to me, is the most enjoyable part of the game, the one that makes this game worth playing. I'm getting the personal/guild rewards anyway, but I'm still of the opinion they're becoming increasingly useless: gathering nodes will drop in price, and regular quest/daily farming brings more credits.

I'll just note that if you keep playing the game normally and keep doing Tier 2-Tier 3 missions(say, Underworld Trading, or Bio) and sell the rewards, you'll make a million a week without even trying.

Edited by Kulyok