Game Crash When Playing as a Gunship

Galiantis

Title pretty much says it all. I have played 6 games today, 3 as a Strike Ship, and 3 where I wanted to be a Gunship. However, after about 1-2 minutes of flying as the Gunship my game would completely crash and I would have to restart my game client. This happened all three games playing as Gunship. I have yet to complete a match as one. And I find this extremely frustrating seeing as a Gunship was the first new ship I bought and now I can't even play it. :confused:

EDIT: So I just tried again, but with the Gunship in my second ship slot instead of the first and I lasted 5-6 minutes, which is the longest I have lasted yet. But then I crashed when I was trying to Boost and use my Barrel Roll active.

Edited by Galiantis
New Game Info

Did you try to "repair" your client by deleting the bitraiderfolder? Maybe the game is missing some files concerning the GS in particular.

I am always wary of deleting folders or files lol. But would removing that folder and then starting the client cause the game to patch?

I am always wary of deleting folders or files lol. But would removing that folder and then starting the client cause the game to patch?

Yup... removing BitRaider folder is the correct way to force a repair on your client. But I don,t remeber where it is exactly. I switched back to the old SSN client a while back and deleted BitRaider...

I experienced this on my Mangler last night. At first I thought I was hit with EMP as I couldn't use any abilities but when it persisted I figured the game was about to crash like I had lost my connection but then it carried on that I could fly but not use abilities. After about a minute or two of flying around uselessly I then self-destructed to see if it would fix it. It did.

I experienced this on my Mangler last night. At first I thought I was hit with EMP as I couldn't use any abilities but when it persisted I figured the game was about to crash like I had lost my connection but then it carried on that I could fly but not use abilities. After about a minute or two of flying around uselessly I then self-destructed to see if it would fix it. It did.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I may have fixed the problem (with a rather obvious solution that had eluded my thought process initially). Usually I always have Steam running in the background, as I am usually an avid Steam gamer. But I had forgotten that for about 2 months now since I had picked up SWTOR I had not run Steam in all that time. And while running Steam itself was not the solution, I realized that I usually checked for GPU updates via the Steam interface on a weekly basis and therefore this had not been done in 2 months. I decided to see if there was an update for my GPU (GTX 660ti) and there was. I downloaded and installed the update and then went on to play 2 full games as the gunship. This has yet to be conclusive as I may have gotten lucky on those 2 games, however the timing of success strongly coincides with updating the GPU drivers.