The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So... how about a metal pipe techblade....

Hierodule

Are you kidding me? I want a chainsaw that requires me to cut off my hand and attach it....

Wait... Wrong movie.

bah too short sighted. and not too far outside of lore.

Imagine instead of a new hand, Luke had instead attached say, a mini assault cannon to his stub.

I have a light saber, the force AND A HUGE *** GUN! :)

edit: Make my leg a sniper rifle too. blaster rifle would work but thats already been done (thanks Grindhouse)

Edited by DOHboy

cause nothing says starwars like a jedi with lightsabers dueling a sith with a board and rusty nail -.-

This game takes place thousands of years before the movies. Various weapons were used, including melee weapons made of metals and alloys which could deflect lightsabers (Oh, the blasphemy! In your face, George.). Yes, even Force-empowered walking sticks, made of wood, which could deflect lightsabers:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081205044157/starwars/images/9/98/Exarkunversusbaas.jpg

"There is much weight, much craving attached to such a tiny thing of light. For the male, it seems to have inordinate importance. But we shall leave such male preoccupations for philosophers and cultural historians."

―Kreia, on the lightsaber

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

―Darth Vader, to Admiral Motti, Grand Moff Tarkin and other Imperial Senators

Edited by Strajder

This game takes place thousands of years before the movies. Various weapons were used, including melee weapons made of metals and alloys which could deflect lightsabers (Oh, the blasphemy! In your face, George.). Yes, even Force-empowered walking sticks, made of wood, which could deflect lightsabers:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081205044157/starwars/images/9/98/Exarkunversusbaas.jpg

"There is much weight, much craving attached to such a tiny thing of light. For the male, it seems to have inordinate importance. But we shall leave such male preoccupations for philosophers and cultural historians."

―Kreia, on the lightsaber

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

―Darth Vader, to Admiral Motti, Grand Moff Tarkin and other Imperial Senators

fine great quotes..doesnt mean i want to see pipe wrenches and boards for weapons...

RP'ers, the reason we can't have simple things.....

fine great quotes..doesnt mean i want to see pipe wrenches and boards for weapons...

RP'ers, the reason we can't have simple things.....

Then don't use them. I think it would be great to have junk-type weapons. What if my Jedi Knight lost his/her lightsaber, or doesn't want to use one?

Metal pipes and the like are everywhere, so they would be very simple things.

RP'ers, the reason why you should have more things.

^ This. Only I would say: "the reason why you are having more things".

Also, the reason why you are playing MMORPGs in the first place.

Why thank you. I'm just tired of people whining about how RPers are ruining everything.

Now I'm tempted to edit my post and put in your version.

But wouldn't you rather have a wooden stick with a fish on the end?

Laugh it up, wooden stick parrying a lightsaber is in the lore and as canon as Revan or Darth Bane. It shows that anything is possible through the Force. Just like Yoda's height doesn't influence his ability to lift objects much larger than himself.

Edited by Strajder

Laugh it up, wooden stick parrying a lightsaber is in the lore and as canon as Revan or Darth Bane. It shows that anything is possible through the Force. Just like Yoda's height doesn't influence his ability to lift objects much larger than himself.

so even if it can deflect a lightsaber, does not mean going to do any damage.

yes possible, doesn't mean people want to see it, and I would venture to guess that few if any would actually want one enough to use it. And if not going to be used or purchased, it is likely not going to be made since effort is not worth the return.

You need to be somewhat realistic in your suggestions.

so even if it can deflect a lightsaber, does not mean going to do any damage.

Master Baas didn't intend to do damage, but dissuade his pupil from turning to the dark side. However, there is nothing that says the stick which was empowered by the Force couldn't make serious injuries. Sith can conjure deadly things, such as Force lightning, or Smoke Demons, out of thin air. By the way, if we were to go the route of full "realism", lightsabers should be able to one-shot most things.

doesn't mean people want to see it,

There are at least two people in this thread that do want to see it, plus the suggestion from the title of the thread, and even more models in addition to that, so you are incorrect.

I hope the devs don't waste too much time creating such boring items.

Don't worry, teams that create CM items and balance your precious PvP/add more operations are different. Packs are created every few months, and they need to come up with some ideas.

Edited by Strajder