The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Give up 3.0 info

AussieAlan

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol this is pretty a cheat. Ok for story and lore... but what about: planets? Levels? Price? Ability? Gear? Operation? PvP?

These info are not lore related... -.-"

Yeah I can see how that'd go over with you.

"we're releasing an expansion it'll have 5 new levels, 2 new operations and new gear, and new planets we're not gonna spoil"

\

really all they could tell us before now was we'll see a level cap raise. in a Makeb style expansion.

something they told us months ago

With respect... If you are frightened by group finder, are you sure MMOs are for you?

From all your posts in the past, I have grown convinced that you're just playing the wrong type of game for you.

bahahaha!! I'm glad someone said that :D made my night (er part of it)

You nailed it. We have been holding back 3.0 details because <SPOILERS!!>. But now that Forged Alliances is out there with this morning's launch of 2.10 we're letting folks have a little time with Rakata Prime and then spilling the beans on 3.0. Look for a teaser within a week, and then a full announce before the end of month!

I hope this means that Rakata Prime will be a quest filled world in 3.0.

That was my only real disappointment in 2.10, was that it was only a flashpoint. It is afterall, one of the more iconic planets from the first KOTOR game.

You nailed it. We have been holding back 3.0 details because <SPOILERS!!>. But now that Forged Alliances is out there with this morning's launch of 2.10 we're letting folks have a little time with Rakata Prime and then spilling the beans on 3.0. Look for a teaser within a week, and then a full announce before the end of month!

are we gonna see any cinematic about the new expansion pack like the release cinematics ?

I hope this means that Rakata Prime will be a quest filled world in 3.0.

That was my only real disappointment in 2.10, was that it was only a flashpoint. It is afterall, one of the more iconic planets from the first KOTOR game.

This. They did such a beautiful job with the fp, the background scenery and everything was great. Would make an amazing planet.

I see nothing in his statement that would imply that.

Sorry if my post seemed to imply that that was what I was saying.

I guess what I should of said is that I hope to see information, at least teasers of the planet becoming a full fledged questing world like Makeb and such. Especially after the end of the final Forged Alliance flashpoint.

Lol this is pretty a cheat. Ok for story and lore... but what about: planets? Levels? Price? Ability? Gear? Operation? PvP?

These info are not lore related... -.-"

They want to save as many bullet points as they can for the initial big reveal.

If they revealed all that stuff now it's just going to make the reveal trailer for 3.0 seem less impressive. They want it to be "new this, new that, etc" every second and a half of footage. They want to put as many bullet point words flying at you as possible to get you excited.

Also it's not like it's even that long of a wait at this point. I mean the told us next week and before the end of the month rather than the typical MMO speak of "We'll be revealing more information over the coming months." although I fully expect that line to also be in the 3.0 press release.

Sorry if my post seemed to imply that that was what I was saying.

I guess what I should of said is that I hope to see information, at least teasers of the planet becoming a full fledged questing world like Makeb and such. Especially after the end of the final Forged Alliance flashpoint.

Dear god no. For all that is holy let us not hope they make it anything like Makeb. There is no "Makeb and such", there is only Makeb sucks. Ok that is a little harsh perhaps, but Makeb was clearly a step down from the quiality of the other planets imo.

Dear god no. For all that is holy let us not hope they make it anything like Makeb. There is no "Makeb and such", there is only Makeb sucks. Ok that is a little harsh perhaps, but Makeb was clearly a step down from the quiality of the other planets imo.

I thought Makeb was quite beautiful.

Wasn't perfect and took me a while to get used to it but I love it nowadays.

In "hope" that 3.0 will include additional changes to other classes , i want to ask an obvious (for me) question : why do some classes like - sorc or sniper have 0 % miss , while merc (which is a same sniper that has range and tech skills) have constant misses on it's main skills that mainly lower its dps , prevent from refreshing that 8 heat , thus not giving a chance on beein even in top 50 torparse competitors.

Will this matter be at least considered for discussions in next updates , or its a dead end and we need to bear or quit it ?

P.S. i wanted to make this post only because of the pure random factor that is current for the mercs in terms of dps.

I disagree. I found Makeb to be visually stunning, quite a step up from many of the earlier planets in the game. I really enjoyed both storylines too.

Where I did find it a step down compared with other planets was the fact we only got two stories to play there. Earlier planets other than the starter worlds had ten(!). That's a massive reduction and is the real thing that makes me dislike Makeb intensely. Once I have played it with one character on each side there is nothing new for me to do and it becomes a boring grind. It has nowhere near the replayability of the earlier planets.

Not entirely keen on the blackout taxi rides either, would have really been nice to see yourself soaring around the mesas. But that is a minor point compared to the huge story downgrade.

Edited by PLynkes

I thought Makeb was quite beautiful.

Wasn't perfect and took me a while to get used to it but I love it nowadays.

The look of Makeb is ok I guess. But what I mean is the way they tried to make up for its small size with adding a **** load of mobs, and with a density that was just ridiculous. On top of that, the taxi system was also cheap as hell. The whole "black screen and you are there" was a set back from the "real" travel time on every other planet.

I dont belive for one second it was put in place just so people could spend less time on traveling with taxi. I am convinced it was made this way to safe time and money. This way they only had to do small seperated areas, and still call it a planet. In that regard I think it was a low quality planet.

Like the two others said before me, Makeb actually has beautiful art direction and some diverse areas. It's definitely a nice addition in the overall planet scheme. After all you have 3 city based planets, 2 ice planets, 1 planet that's nothing but sand and rocks.

Planets like Hoth, Illum, and Tatooine are some of the worst planets. Especially Tatooine and Hoth because not only are they bland/boring to look at but it takes forever to get anywhere on these incredibly boring planets and on top of that they're so poorly laid out that there are numerous instances where you'll find yourself atop of cliff only to discover you need to be in the canyon far below or vice versa. They along with Corellia and Belsavis are intentionally designed in such a way that causes the player to spend way more time in the world than they need to be, ie blocking off path ways with blast doors where the map shows a through line.

Honestly the biggest thing Makeb has going against it (in terms of design) is the enemy placement. Having too many mobs too close together and unavoidable without stealth.

I'm not sure I want an entire Rakata planet. Frankly, I remember it having a beautiful view but I'm not sure it is that interesting. Whatever they do, I hope it is unique.

Oricon, Mannan have been steps in the right direction.

- Arcada

EDIT: But I need more Mannan. I hope they expand it somewhat.

Edited by Nydus

I'm not sure I want an entire Rakata planet. Frankly, I remember it having a beautiful view but I'm not sure it is that interesting. Whatever they do, I hope it is unique.

Oricon, Mannan have been steps in the right direction.

- Arcada

EDIT: But I need more Mannan. I hope they expand it somewhat.

We already got one. It's named "Belsavis".

Also, it's "Manaan".

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Agreed. Makeb was terrible imo. Some pretty cosmetic stuff, but the rest was atrocious. Worst planet by far.