The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Scam/Not a Scam debate storyline

LyraineAlei

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You trying to say a new player would have enough cash to accidentally buy something for millions of credits?

By the time you have enough money to make a fool of yourself (aka "get scammed") on the GTN, you are no longer "a new player"

Not saying millions, but they may buy an item for 114k credits instead of 11.4k credits or something.

Let me be 'that guy'.

There could be just as many players, or more, turned on and resubbing after using these tactics.

If I found an easy way to make credits on people not paying attention, I'd be much more likely to play the game and spend my money on it.

Edited by KTap

running past someone who is fighting a mob that guards a chest, to take the loot from that chest, is ninja looting.

Ninja looting is when you need on an item that you don't need, or when you change the loot rules to "Master loot" just before the boss fight finishes and you take all the items.

Open world, taking a chest isn't ninja looting.

Not saying millions, but they may buy an item for 114k credits instead of 11.4k credits or something.

Nobody does that.

Nobody is putting up items for 114k instead of 11.4k

You know full-well that the "issue" you are talking about is people putting things up for millions but making it look like thousands and some change.

Nobody does that.

Nobody is putting up items for 114k instead of 11.4k

You know full-well that the "issue" you are talking about is people putting things up for millions but making it look like thousands and some change.

Not sure you've checked on the GTN. Maybe it's different server to server. But people are putting up items for over 100k credits but the price makes it look like they are 1000.00 credits. Most of the mats prices on the list per unit show as 1203.19 but some of the mats per unit are shown as 120,319, and that may trick some players.

...considering from the recent flow of topics related to financial issues, i am somehow concerned whether it is now a GTN Wars instead of Star Wars...

I would not be bothered whether someone sold items with too high price (purposely or by mistake) or if other someone has bought the overpriced/undercut item.

I am usually far too busy playing the content to even notice any "price games" happening in the meantime, but now I am not sure..

Shall I spend 90% of my time standing next to my GTN kiosk and watch how the stocks go up and down?

Shall there be an stripe at the bottom of the screen constantly updating items price changes?

Perhaps daily GTN reports send per mail to players with summary of the day, how many Banthas have been sold, what is the trend for Calo Nord hat, and how much are perfect yellow crystals? Whether the supply of Mass Manipulation Generators grows or drops?

Shall we have the GTNEX report elaborating on current CC/credit ratio? Suggestions what to buy and what to sell?

Perhaps there will be a "Galactic Brokers" guild where you can seek (of course PAID) advice how to proceed with your GTN business? A guild full of professional "certified" brokers who would conduct the GTN activity on your behalf?

Exclusive Star Wars branch of Goldmann Sachs or JP Morgan ???

Oh my, ppl, why can we just go on and focus on playing the adventure instead of sitting at the offices watching GTN news???

Edited by Przemo_No

There doesnt seem to be anything even slightly different about the way they display decimals on the unit price, either. This looks like a lot of "I was too lazy to look closely at what I was doing, and too proud to admit that I screwed up, therefore SCAM."

Kinda like the pvpers who get wrecked and cry "HACKERS!"

I'm not going to read through all these pages of nonsense, but what exactly would you propose OP?

If they start putting a 'low' maximum price on everything, forcing us to list things for less than we want as players, then we would really have a problem.

I remember Runescape trying that. Enough people despised that system and were vocal about it that when they realised they were losing money on their game they changed it back.