The Scam/Not a Scam debate storyline

LyraineAlei

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please quote where it's against the TOS to list a item at any price the seller chooses. I'll be waiting.

Harassment consists of misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics and verbal harassment with the intention of distressing and offending other players.

Do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and using the Service in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of EA in maintaining the Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

Tricking and misleading by interfering with the way the GTN prices are listed is against the TOS, because it can distress other players if they are tricked and it can interfere with their ability to enjoy the game.

Now, your turn. Please quote me where tricking and misleading people on the GTN, deliberately putting high prices in the hopes that someone will be tricked into buying something because of the way you display the price isn't against the rules.

:rolleyes:

Edited by EvenHardNiner

I'm just waiting to be magically proven wrong about this so called scam and it's yet to appear.

It won't.

Conflating morality of a 'scam' with illegal activity ... in an MMO?!?! ... is just ... absurd.

At absolute worst it is a douchey move to manipulate the GTN's listing mechanism.

But 'immoral?' By whose standard? Evan and Heat-Wave's?

'Illegal?' Not even remotely close. I'd love to see that argument made in court. 'Your Worship, this man, with intent and MALICE!, deliberately posted an item on the GTN in such a way that my client, through no fault of his own, was forced to disregard a pop-up confirmation box, and purchased an item for a price that he would otherwise not have been willing to pay!! I cite the case of Castle in the High Court of Australia, where the learned trial solicitor cited Mabo, and I quote, 'its the vibe of the thing.''

Tricking and misleading by interfering with the way the GTN prices are listed is against the TOS, because it can distress other players if they are tricked and it can interfere with their ability to enjoy the game.

Now, your turn. Please quote me where tricking and misleading people on the GTN isn't against the rules.

None of that is occurring on the GTN since a player is not required to post an Item at a set price and can instead set any price they want for it.

Not against the rules, no trickery, no deceit. The information is right there on the GTN clear as day.

Swing again.

Well i'm glad we've made it clear what kind of person you are :) Someone who thinks cheating on someone, breaking a persons heart, destroying them inside. isn't immoral.

Oh dear. :rolleyes:

SOCIAAAAL JUSTIIIIICEEEE!

Awesome.

No, really, this thread is awesome. Thanks for making me laugh so early.

Edited by Jandi

In fact it is trickery. There is no specific rule but it's against the TOS. Please just accept you're wrong so we can end this silly discussion. It's trickery and misleading plain and simple.

Im sorry, but this level of argument is no different from a flat-earth "theorist" saying "please accept you are wrong so that we can end this silly discussion" when presented with mountains of evidence that the earth is not flat.

If you can't back up your claim with a solid and convincing argument that is able to change the other party's opinion, your arguments do not deserve to be accepted as "correct" just because you say-so.

Im sorry, but this level of argument is no different from a flat-earth "theorist" saying "please accept you are wrong so that we can end this silly discussion" when presented with mountains of evidence that the earth is not flat.

That's exactly what i'm saying :) You may think the earth is flat, you may even believe it, even though you are entirely wrong :) It's difficult to talk to people like you who "think the earth is flat". You can give them all the evidence in the world and still they will not believe it.

Edited by EvenHardNiner

It won't.

Conflating morality of a 'scam' with illegal activity ... in an MMO?!?! ... is just ... absurd.

At absolute worst it is a douchey move to manipulate the GTN's listing mechanism.

But 'immoral?' By whose standard? Evan and Heat-Wave's?

'Illegal?' Not even remotely close. I'd love to see that argument made in court. 'Your Worship, this man, with intent and MALICE!, deliberately posted an item on the GTN in such a way that my client, through no fault of his own, was forced to disregard a pop-up confirmation box, and purchased an item for a price that he would otherwise not have been willing to pay!! I cite the case of Castle in the High Court of Australia, where the learned trial solicitor cited Mabo, and I quote, 'its the vibe of the thing.''

Oh I know they can't prove me wrong. I give them points for Tenacity.

That's exactly what i'm saying :) You may think the earth is flat, you may even believe it, even though you are entirely wrong :) It's difficult to talk to people like you who "think the earth is flat". You can give them all the evidence in the world and still they will not believe it.

Where did BaronV say they were a believer that the earth was flat?

Now, your turn. Please quote me where tricking and misleading people on the GTN, deliberately putting high prices in the hopes that someone will be tricked into buying something because of the way you display the price isn't against the rules.

:rolleyes:

Yes the all famous circular argument! :rolleyes:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Begging_the_question

Wait. What?

Please, please, please cite your case law for this.

It wouldn't help, he would just come up with some silly reason for thinking it didn't apply.

It doesn't matter anyway, this isn't a court of law, this is a message forum for subs of SWTOR, case law posts aren't required.

Clearly he doesn't think their is an issue, good for him. He is entitled to his opinion. I'm entitled to keep posting about it, as are other people...

But there entire post indicated they weren't one of those people.

Yes but they are one of those people and so are you lol. Now please reply to my TOS post. I gave you evidence that this "GTN scam" is against the TOS. I would LOVE to read your response on that. I'm ready to laugh. Please make my day :rolleyes:

Edited by EvenHardNiner

Well I guess I should have learnt to stop long before this. At least now it is confirmed that you are not capable of understanding the english language beyond making statements that state your opinion.

Good luck to you sir. It sucks that you overpaid for something on the GTN but I assure you that the pain shall pass with time:cool:

Edited by BaronV

Yes but they are one of those people and so are you lol. Now please reply to my TOS post. I gave you evidence that this "GTN scam" is against the TOS. I would LOVE to read your response on that. I'm ready to laugh. Please make my day :rolleyes:

I've never once said I believed the earth was flat. So idk what you're trying to prove.

Page 12, Bottom of the Page.

It wouldn't help, he would just come up with some silly reason for thinking it didn't apply.

It doesn't matter anyway, this isn't a court of law, this is a message forum for subs of SWTOR, case law posts aren't required.

Clearly he doesn't think their is an issue, good for him. He is entitled to his opinion. I'm entitled to keep posting about it, as are other people...

Yes, you are 100% right!

This is an MMO ...

I award you max points for cleverly skirting the question. Well done.

None of that is occurring on the GTN since a player is not required to post an Item at a set price and can instead set any price they want for it.

Not against the rules, no trickery, no deceit. The information is right there on the GTN clear as day.

Swing again.

It's against the TOS, it's trickery and deceit. It is interfering with users enjoyment of the game when players intentionally put up prices and put up the numbers in a way that it tricks players into buying these items. I have given you clear evidence and still you refuse to accept the black and white evidence for this.