The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BW/EA please next xpac make it so Commandos/Mercs can equip Blaster Rifles

tehrealdealz

I've been playing this game on and off since 2011 and my first toon was a BH Mercenary and one thing that's always bother me is that he doenst have the ability to equip blaster rifles. I know this game takes place before the movies, but man sometimes I wish my merc could be like Boba Fett and be able to equip a blaster rifle. Same goes for my commando. I hope one of these days in the near future you will give us the option to let us equip blaster rifles. I dont care put it up on the cartel market or something but just let us use Blaster Rifles plox. Ty ;)

Blasters have lower base weapon damage than assault cannons as well. So no...

They do not. Look at any weapon with no mods. +51 Force or tech power. All weapons are the same. Certain skills require certain weapons. That's why, for example, Snipers do more damage than Operatives, not because they use sniper rifles.

If you're talking about how some weapons have different min and max damages compared to comparable weapons, that all evens out in the wash. Some do more "medium" damage and have a higher min and a lower max than others.

Edited by branmakmuffin

They do not. Look at any weapon with no mods. +51 Force or tech power. All weapons are the same. Certain skills require certain weapons. That's why, for example, Snipers do more damage than Operatives, not because they use sniper rifles.

If you're talking about how some weapons have different min and max damages compared to comparable weapons, that all evens out in the wash. Some do more "medium" damage and have a higher min and a lower max than others.

Have the same gear on your toon and compare the tooltips for your abilities. More damage when using an assault cannon.

Gimp yourself on your commando by using a blaster, but don't say it's the same.

while i don't have a problem with Commandos having the ability to equip blaster rifles. I just don't see why people want this. i mean to mean, the abilities look better with an assault cannon, look at full auto on a vg vs a commando (not saying that vgs should use it trolls, just for animations sake) it looks better on an assault cannon. And demo round coming out of a little bitty rifle just seems weird. I would agree that PT's need something more than a pistol though. My pt tank is almost embarrassing at times with that little bitty thing.

Its a Dev rule. Classes have to be easily identifiable so that they can be identified by another player quickly in PvP.

But id love to see all weapon restrictions lifted. Why cant my Jedi use an Assault Cannon or Dual Pistols if he wants to!

Its a Dev rule. Classes have to be easily identifiable so that they can be identified by another player quickly in PvP.

But id love to see all weapon restrictions lifted. Why cant my Jedi use an Assault Cannon or Dual Pistols if he wants to!

Too uncivilized.