The Harbinger, Begeren Colony, and The Bastion currently unavailable

TaitWatson

This man obviously hasn't read the Bane books or the Thrawn Trilogy. Just because you are in an existing IP does not mean you are an uncreative hack. If anything, it takes a certain finesse to develop a popular, yet original story while sticking to the tenents and pre-existing lore of Star wars. And unlike other franchises, Leland Chee, before disney, enforced a singular universe canon that all books/games/etc were part of.

Keep in mind, Kotor, Kotor 2, and the stories of several other SW games are widely praised and they are all part of an existing IP. Those writers are not hacks. imo.

Exactly, just because you write for an existing IP it doesn't mean you don't have skill.

I have a perfect example from outside the star wars universe. The Man-Kzin wars series.

It has been running for almost three decades, has dozens of titles each with a myriad of stories, and each story is written by different authors. Some of the greatest sci-fi authors have written stories in there. Dean Ing, Jerry Pournell, etc. have all written for them and they are incredible.

Often authors do this for many reasons but big ones are because it's an interesting universe to explore and there's infinitely many types of story to tell.

So grow up, writing for an IP is not the same thing as bad fan fiction and often takes a lot more creativity than simply making something up.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it unreasonable that I understand that stuff happens, but I also think it would be a good idea to consider a small amount of compensation for the downtime?

Compensation is in order I am losing money from this

Read your terms and conditions. It is in there that things like this can happen, and you are owed no compensation. They brought down the servers without warning to save the servers from rollbacks. They are doing what they can to keep our characters from regressing, and yet people still *****.

Edited by Jeloseth

People are bored so trolling is their letting of the steam, secondly I wanna see how many pages can this thread reach with all the useless posts people have placed in boredom. And I have a feeling a small gift will be coming to us from the Devs as an apology to all who are wondering, the devs realize its the busiest time and having shut off multiple servers puts a lot of people in discomfort. So stop being so rash and read a book, watch a movie or two( I personally am rewatching SW saga again). And Remember Why we are all here. BECAUSE WE LOVE STAR WARS. and We Will WAIT until the servers come up.

Originally Posted by deathowen View Post

WHY Take THE OTHER TWO SEVERS DOWN WHEN THE ONE IS NOT WORKING AND SHUT DOWN IN MIDDLE OF DAY WE SHOULD ALL GET MONEY OR CARTELS COINS OR SOMETHING

Crazy thought here, but maybe because there is a common problem affecting all 3 servers?

Maybe it's the problem with your capslock key...

^^^^

LOL greatest answer in this thread yet!

deathowen and his caplock issues broke the servers! :D

Tacocat spelt backwards is tacocat

*Mind blown*...

But in all seriousness, considering how long this game has been out and this is the first time i can remember them having issues with the servers, id say not too bad...

Looks like i gotta go do irl stuffs.... stupid errands

Read your terms and conditions. It is in there that things like this can happen, and you are owed no compensation. They brought down the servers without warning to save the servers from rollbacks. They are doing what they can to keep our characters from regressing, and yet people still *****.

It's not about what is contractually owed. Acts in good faith can go a long way in maintaining relationships.

It's not about what we are owed. It's a gesture of good faith. Bioware could say, "hey, sorry for the inconvenience, here's some cartel coins for your trouble." That would make customers happy, thereby maintaining a good relationship. If they say, "haha we don't owe you crap even though this was our fault because it's in the ToS no one reads," it makes me respect the company less. That in turn makes me less likely to buy their products in the future.

Problem is I submit bug reports all the time and get compensated with Cartel Coins, and frankly I don't want, need or can use Cartel Coins. I want a stable game and I want it to be around a long time with happy customers.

Hey all,

We're still working through these issues, as we want to make sure we are happy with the state the servers are in before we bring them back up. I'll let you know of any further updates!

Thank you for your continued patience!

-Tait

Well I was hoping to play SWTOR today before working at 4 PM, and I have to work the opening shift tomorrow (actually a double), so extended late night play is not an option, and because I can't get on today I won't really be able to play until the weekend...

/sadface :(

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

I believe that an early post hit this head on. Harbringer has been lagging and going down quite frequently, so the people on this server should be compensated, especially those that are paying to play. Many individuals play on one server only, so they are loosing PAYED playing time. I dont think it would be too much to ask for cartel coins or some other remuneration.

WHY Take THE OTHER TWO SEVERS DOWN WHEN THE ONE IS NOT WORKING AND SHUT DOWN IN MIDDLE OF DAY WE SHOULD ALL GET MONEY OR CARTELS COINS OR SOMETHING

:rak_02: Lose the sleeping clothing, get out of your room, cook some lunch, and watch some amine. There are a few more hours in the day you might find living interesting enough to learn about what you are missing. Things happens for a reason; grow from it.

Exactly, just because you write for an existing IP it doesn't mean you don't have skill.

I have a perfect example from outside the star wars universe. The Man-Kzin wars series.

It has been running for almost three decades, has dozens of titles each with a myriad of stories, and each story is written by different authors. Some of the greatest sci-fi authors have written stories in there. Dean Ing, Jerry Pournell, etc. have all written for them and they are incredible.

Often authors do this for many reasons but big ones are because it's an interesting universe to explore and there's infinitely many types of story to tell.

So grow up, writing for an IP is not the same thing as bad fan fiction and often takes a lot more creativity than simply making something up.

LOL, thanks for the attack. It appears that growing up is what you need to do. I have an opinion. You don't like it, fine. Deal with it.

Ok so I buy the delux edition game when it launched had a preorder crystal at launch, I stop playing the game due to the memory leak fiasco that happened.

i come back to the game when i hear about GSH update pay my sub money to have full access, only to find out I can no longer use the color crystal and all my charectors are on the bastion now which is still broken tell me why i should pay a company that cant keep their servers up and running, this little display not more than a week after i come back makes me want to leave all over again

Problem is I submit bug reports all the time and get compensated with Cartel Coins, and frankly I don't want, need or can use Cartel Coins. I want a stable game and I want it to be around a long time with happy customers.

I will gladly free you of these Cartel Coins which you don't want/need.

Funny thing is... For all those crying about losing money on a service they have paid for, you are still logged into the website/community posting in their forums, using their service, effectively helping you cope with your poor time management skills that you can't relax and wait for your video game to come back online.

And a bit of advice. Downtime is coming again, sometimes in the middle of the night, sometimes in the middle of the day, don't like that you don't get compensation? Unsub now so you don't have to spend time whining about your lost 50 cents that you had to flip burgers for five minutes to get ... -.-

Well I was hoping to play SWTOR today before working at 4 PM, and I have to work the opening shift tomorrow, so extended late night play is not an option...

/sadface :(

"Cough, cough. Boss... I don't feel so good... I don't think I can make it in tomorrow. I have severe SWTORitis. It is very contagious."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.