The Harbinger, Begeren Colony, and The Bastion currently unavailable

TaitWatson

Look we pay for a service...and we should get that service, or be reimbursed.

Would you continue to pay for trash pickup if they didn't pick up your trash?

Would you pay for a lawn mowing service if they repeatedly didn't mow your lawn?

Would you pay for a computer that wouldn't turn on?

How about a doctor that wouldn't see you?

YOU are the consumer, and if YOU chose to pay for something that does not work, I suppose that is your right.

However I am not that stupid.

QFT but again some people have a Ticketoo tree on their backyard and can grow money there so this problem does not bother them

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

incase most gamers forgot multiple accnts to the same person is against terms of use for the game.... fair warning admitting that might get you investigated.

Are you stupid? He clearly meant characters (toons). More to the point multiple paid accounts is not against the rules.

The last time stuff like this happened I was on a West Coast PvE server (I do not remember the name) that was shut down two years ago. Of the five (5) characters I had, only four (4) were transferred to Harbinger. I had to rename all four of those as it said the names they already had "are already used", but there is no one on Harbinger with their names at all what-so-ever. The fifth character, "Buckley", was my Gunslinger, and when I tried to reactivate him on Harbinger no matter what I did it wouldn't let me bring him back, even with a name change. He was level 18 and my favorite. I found I can have new characters with new names on several servers with the same, identical name on my account ("Thodia" on Harbinger and had another on Begeren that was same class, same name for a while until I deleted one--and I have a friend that has a character on both Begeren and Harbinger that has the same name as well, both at level 55, identical names) but the names of my original five characters I cannot copy onto another server... There is currently no character on any server named "Buckley" yet no matter what server I go to it says "Sorry, this name is already taken"... sure it is, by my character that Bioware failed to move over to another server when the old one was shut down over two years ago and who is still stuck in limbo on my account and is why I can only have eleven (11) characters on any server. I have sent in at least a dozen messages to customer service about this because in every game and MMO I have ever been in I have been "Buckley" and to only be able to have eleven of twelve (11 of 12) characters on a server as a sub means I am being shorted, but to this day over two years later I am yet to receive even so much as an automated droid response from anyone. All I have ever asked is to either get my name back to make a new character or at least get my toon back even if I have to rename him... but either way I have received no response. Be careful fixing the servers, I can guarantee if things are lost or deleted in this process from carelessness there will be a massive backlash from it... But me personally, I still just want either my name "Buckley" or my toon returned to me. "Buckley", Gunslinger Advanced Class, level 18, been in limbo since July 2012 in my account and is not a "inactive character" and counts against my total character list scores on all servers, not just the two I am on now. Personally, I would rather just have the name returned to me at this point so I can start him over and have a 12th character on any server like other subs. Lastly, my Legacy is in the 20s on Harbinger and level 18, almost 19, on Begeren. Please don't force me to have to start over. Please, just be careful.

Buckley "Buck" Duane, The Lone Star Ranger

There's no way I'm going to be able to turn my tetris line around in time to fill that gap and win ;/

N.B. Come to EH we have cookies!

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

Look we pay for a service...and we should get that service, or be reimbursed.

Would you continue to pay for trash pickup if they didn't pick up your trash?

Would you pay for a lawn mowing service if they repeatedly didn't mow your lawn?

Would you pay for a computer that wouldn't turn on?

How about a doctor that wouldn't see you?

YOU are the consumer, and if YOU chose to pay for something that does not work, I suppose that is your right.

However I am not that stupid.

think about what you say before you say it..if you read ToS you would retract that statement with "sorry i'm dumb"

Compensation? Go be a leech somewhere else, it's a game.

It's not being a leech you ignorant bum. We are paying for a service. When it gets interrupted out of the blue it is common courtesy for a company to find a way to compensate. In fact if they don't they are just telling you that they don't care about us enough. EA makes plenty of money to be able to compensate it's players for this. Just give everyone 500 cc...it's imaginary money anyways. And people seem to spend hundreds a month on packs, so what's five dollars of fake money.

This is a service I paid for. Something has to be done to correct my loss in time.

Life sucks, I get it. Things happen I get that, but why should the players be the ones to get punished? If I do something bad in game, I lose my account. So they did something bad to us...the opposite should occur, something should be added to my account. It's only fair.

Please stop complaining and clogging up this thread, I want to be able to see when they tell us the servers are back up. I would rather not have to sift through a bunch of garbage to read the important posts. Thank you.

Dev Tracker may be of some use to you.

It's not being a leech you ignorant bum. We are paying for a service. When it gets interrupted out of the blue it is common courtesy for a company to find a way to compensate. In fact if they don't they are just telling you that they don't care about us enough. EA makes plenty of money to be able to compensate it's players for this. Just give everyone 500 cc...it's imaginary money anyways. And people seem to spend hundreds a month on packs, so what's five dollars of fake money.

This is a service I paid for. Something has to be done to correct my loss in time.

Life sucks, I get it. Things happen I get that, but why should the players be the ones to get punished? If I do something bad in game, I lose my account. So they did something bad to us...the opposite should occur, something should be added to my account. It's only fair.

again i want to point you to ToS then i want you to apologize for being dumb

Look guys. This goes for everyone who is complaining about this game being down.

The game is going to have down time, and Bio / EA is NOT responsible for reimbursing you simply because you cannot play their game. They may not have a set system for working out kinks in this game just yet, or at the very least, server issues. I think WoW has it down though. Mandatory server shut downs game-wide to allow them to find any errors or issues within game, fix them, and open back up to the public. Usually the same day.

As well as for expansions and what not. They give people some time to make sure they save all of their gear, and get done the quests they are currently on for sake of having to redo them from the beginning, and they give a few shut downs here and there until the expansions release. It is a working system, but as per normal, people are obviously unhappy with a working system.

Guys, you have to realize something. Things are bound to happen, and things get royally messed up. It happens. Nothing you, OR Bio/EA can do about it, except to handle it as it comes to be. These threads are not even read by Bio/EA because they know they are going to be bombarded by people who are ranting for no reason. You pay to play a game, so what? WoW members have a more legit reason to complain because you HAVE to pay to play online. However, much like WoW, there are several servers for you to flock to, both North America and European servers. They have a lot more because they are obviously more widely popular than SWTOR.

All that being said, be thankful they are looking into things, and trying to fix them. Being one of the highest grossed MMOs out right now, they will work to keep that status. That's something worth protecting and fighting for. If they lose a couple of members because they have the patience of a snapping turtle, they could honestly care less. Let's be real. They care about making money, and they have obviously done a good job about it. They will do what they can, based on their knowledge, to continue bringing us the game you all seem to love complaining about. Give them a break. They are only human, just like you and me. "Oops" does happen here and there. Snapping fingers to make things work isn't something that happens, so get over yourselves. Live with it, find something else to do instead of blowing up the forums because your butt is hurt and you can't fornicate with Jaesa or Vette. :D

*slow clapping

I agree about that for sure. Too many people feel entitled to having things just handed to them when accidents happen. I have recently come over from STO and have seen the same thing over there. However I do feel they have a rather good system for dealing with it.

It aggravates some folks but we all learned to deal with it for the greater good. STO has standard weekly down times to work on bugs and errors, everyone gets kicked, and its always back within an hour or two, and of course its at a low time of usage so its not so obtrusive. That makes for a lot of glitches and errors getting wiped out and taken care of so its a great method of system maintenance.

As for whining about compensation, that's just silly, crap happens in an online game it's a fact of life. Being booted isn't the end of the world. Would I have liked some warning? Hell yeah I would have, was in the middle of a boss fight, but it's not critical. Just have to live with it.

However there is a lesson that EA / BW can learn from STO when it comes to server issues. We had a major crash during the previous seasons prime events and it was down for several days. Now a lot of folks *****ed and complained about getting compensation and it was just as stupid then, let the folks work dammit. But when the dust settled and things got back running they did do everyone a solid, they extended the special events by the down days plus a day so folks could finish their tasks.

I don't know if SWTOR is running any right now that are real world time specific but if they are that would be the main thing I would want extended just to compensate for the down time.

But wanting a free month of subscription? That's just childish man.

^^^^^^^^^

Hey folks,

We will be taking The Harbinger, Begeren Colony and The Bastion offline while we look into the ongoing connectivity issues.

I don't currently have an ETA for them being back online, but will update this thread as I get more information.

Thanks,

Tait

I do hope we are compensated for lost time trying to level up.

:cool:

If you read through the service agreement, I'm sure there's something written into it about servers being down unexpectedly, and factors outside of their control, etc etc etc

It's a matter of being considerate to their consumer. "The servers will be down unexpectedly" So oh its off for 3 months...to bad you bought 3 months yesterday? OH WELL! A company is responsible and if they don't compensate for this ridiculous waste of player time, then they will lose a lot of subs. It's not that hard to give an in game bonus, cc or some added time. What's the big deal? Yes people will still be upset, but at least they will know that the company was willing to apologize with a compensation. That they....you know...cared about you and me?

Oddly enough every other game I've ever paid for has offered compensation when there were extended, and/or multiple down times.

In fact at launch didn't swtor make up by giving everyone a free month? So it proves they are willing, let's just hope almost 3 years down the road that they are just as willing. Otherwise it just proves they are just here to take our money and not care.

The servers will be back up when they get fixed, deal with it. Go outside, get some fresh air, walk the dog, have some romantic time with that girlfriend/wife/husband you are neglecting because you're always playing this game.

Whining and ************ about the servers isnt going to make them come up any faster. :D

The servers will be back up when they get fixed, deal with it. Go outside, get some fresh air, walk the dog, have some romantic time with that girlfriend/wife/husband you are neglecting because you're always playing this game.

Whining and ************ about the servers isnt going to make them come up any faster. :D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ <3

It's not being a leech you ignorant bum. We are paying for a service. When it gets interrupted out of the blue it is common courtesy for a company to find a way to compensate. In fact if they don't they are just telling you that they don't care about us enough.

I hate to say it but EA's lack of concern for its customers was my prime reason for staying out of this game for so long. That and BW who is on my **** list for ME3 but that's a personal issue.

As much as I dislike both companies and how they treat their customers and fans I will never deny that they make some damn good games that are well worth playing.

So a little bit of trouble is tolerable.