A Vet System

Rekar

I think that this being TOR and a SWG it doesnt need all the crap that SWG had. plus there is sup rewards and the cartel coins you get is higher with a longer sub so i think its fine as is.

I partially agree with this, but I also think we should get rewards like the stuff you get as a sub in STO. An OP ship, some nice uniforms, and a sweet-looking companion.

So I was rumbling old pics of SWG and saw my vet rewards from that game. Why doesn't SWTOR have a vet system?? Set up a good way to set aside the months it takes it to get the rewards. What are yalls opinion for it??

That is one thing I enjoy about SOE games. Is their Vet system. The longer you stay subscribed, the better rewards you get. Still trying to decorate my Mistmoore Estate in EQ2 from my 6 year reward.

Honestly though, a Vet System would be a great lure for BioWare/EA to use to gain more subscriptions, which would add to the income of the game. On top of that, still support to the cartel market. Rewards could range from rare items to place in your stronghold to even rare starfight ships to use in PVP. Granted, don't make them over powered or anything, just look cooler then the rest.

As long as there was a chance to catch up with the system.

The one thing I didnt like in CIty of Heroes is that they added a new Perk every month and so if you stopped subscribing for one month you were always behind in the current rewards.

I would like to see a vet system that allowed for someone to catch up over time. For example Bioware could start out by releasing 2 Years worth of Veteran awards right off the bat. Say a new reward for every 3 months of paid subscriptions. Then going forward add 2 additional rewards per year. This allows people to catch up slowly if they are a new player or for a veteren to take a break and be able to catch up when they come back.

Example

Add 8 rewards right off the bat for 3,6,9,12,15,18,21 and 24 months of subscriptions (Back dating of course)

Then every 6 months add a new rank going forward. This new rank would still be at a 3 month interval to earn. Someone could basically catch up 2 ranks of rewards per year until caught up.

Edited by Odyssys

As long as there was a chance to catch up with the system.

The one thing I didnt like in CIty of Heroes is that they added a new Perk every month and so if you stopped subscribing for one month you were always behind in the current rewards.

I would like to see a vet system that allowed for someone to catch up over time. For example Bioware could start out by releasing 2 Years worth of Veteran awards right off the bat. Say a new reward for every 3 months of paid subscriptions. Then going forward add 2 additional rewards per year. This allows people to catch up slowly if they are a new player or for a veteren to take a break and be able to catch up when they come back.

Example

Add 8 rewards right off the bat for 3,6,9,12,15,18,21 and 24 months of subscriptions (Back dating of course)

Then every 6 months add a new rank going forward. This new rank would still be at a 3 month interval to earn. Someone could basically catch up 2 ranks of rewards per year until caught up.

This sounds good, hope BioWare will at least consider this.

Personally, I'd rather have a 'vette system. You know, where after so long, you get your own Corellian Corvette for evil Imperial troops to invade, shoot up, and stun young princesses hoarding secret "death moon" plans on.

..... Or a Vette system. You know, where you get a real-life Vette.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.