The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvP finally has balance??

Larius

Full burst lol...Bull ****.

Pyro burst is generated from two things, Thermal detonator, and Railshot, specifically timing the two to hit together.

It becomes a god class to melee. (full dps output while running + enet)

-------

The point is because making railshot proc off of missile blast defies one of the primary laws of mmo balancing. In any MMO where you have both ranged classes and melee classes, you have to inhibit the ranged mobility-wise in order to keep them from dominating the melee. (guns will always beat swords) One of nice things about SWTOR is this is the only MMO on the market where the ranged classes don't dominate the melee, and that does not need to ever change.

-------

Missile Blast or any other instant ability cannot be used to proc railshot, since it would literally break the class for PvP.

Edited by Zoom_VI

If you honestly think by allowing missile blast - a low damage high heat ability - to proc everything power shot procs would make the class extremely OP then this video is for you :-

I think that video is for you not me. ;)

If you can't comprehend why having a ranged class that can execute its entire rotation on the run totally breaks everything you should just stop posting about class balance.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Your claim that its full damage is just laughable. You have to flesh out missile blast with rapid shots to clear heat. There's no way around that and that is what prevents it from being "overpowered." You want max damage. You will have to turret. You want to kite? Fine, do so with a lot less damage "WITHOUT" breaking the spec.

The point is because making railshot proc off of missile blast defies one of the primary laws of mmo balancing. In any MMO where you have both ranged classes and melee classes, you have to inhibit the ranged mobility-wise in order to keep them from dominating the melee. (guns will always beat swords) One of nice things about SWTOR is this is the only MMO on the market where the ranged classes don't dominate the melee, and that does not need to ever change.

Normally I would agree with this statement. Range had to stop to cast and this gave melee a chance to close the distance.

However, when it comes to SWTOR I really don't simply because of the number of gap closers that melee have in this game. This, along with the number of ways that mercs and sorcs can have their output interrupted (leaps, pulls, stuns, mezzes, knock downs, and interrupts), does tend to throw that melee/ranged balancing out a bit.

Pyro burst is generated from two things, Thermal detonator, and Railshot, specifically timing the two to hit together.

It becomes a god class to melee. (full dps output while running + enet)

-------

-------

Missile Blast or any other instant ability cannot be used to proc railshot, since it would literally break the class for PvP.

lol, its the ohter way around, this game is melee heavy, and 30 m leap is bad desig, it should be smt like 15 m, to give ranged chars space. Right know i dont have any benefits from range as dps merc, casue every monkey can leap to me and force me to kite. Then maybe remove cast times on my skilss? Cast times were designed to give melee chance closing the distance, since the can leap at 30 m range, why do mercs have to cast again? ;p

Cast times were designed to give melee chance closing the distance, since the can leap at 30 m range, why do mercs have to cast again? ;p

Because:

- You have a pushback on a 30s cd

- You have a Electro Net

- You have two cc abilities to use, one can be made instant with power surge

- You have a Hydraulic Overrides

- Your moves f'n hurt and doesnt require a small window to throw your burst in

And I've also seen plenty of good mercs successfully kite and kill good melee classes, maybe not a jugg/guardian because their control is off the charts right now but its very possible with those listed above w/ Arsenal

Edited by Clasmae