Not another Noob question( sorta)

bigofwrlclan

So I'm a lvl 55 sniper dps marksman

I have been out of playing for a few months until last week. No idea exactly what my damage should be so wondering if my helpful friends on swtor can look at stats and my dps (parse had it at 1.7K 1.8K and 2K) on training dummy

http://s3.postimg.org/w2ij8d80z/Capture1.png

http://s3.postimg.org/6v7n844wz/Capture.png

full gear breakdown

Headgear

209 endurance

157 cunning

111 accuracy

89 power

168 armor mod and enhancement 156 aug

Chestpiece

209 endurance

157 cunning

111 accuracy

89 power

Hands

209 endurance

157 cunning

32 accuracy

89 power

79 surge

belt

170 endurance

187 cunning

101 power

180 armor and mod 156 aug

legs

209 endurance

157 cunning

121 power

79 surge

feet

192 endurance

157 cunning

32 power

109 critical

79 surge

offhand

199 endurance

183 cunning

72 accuracy

122 critical

1006 Tech pwoer

crytsal 136 barrel 168 mod 162 enhance 162 156 aug

mainhand

223 endurance

206 cunning

79 accuracy

130 pwoer

1151 tech power

crystal 136 barrel 180 mod 168 enhance 168 augment 156

arkanian relic of serendipitous assault x2

156 aug

wrist

170 endurance

219 cunning

69 critcal

180 armor mod 156 aug

Microfilament skilld package

195 endurance

179 cunning

74 accuracy rating

83 power

aug 156

oriconian targeter mk1 enhancer

227 enhancer

189 cunning

94 accuracy

110 critical

underworld field tech device

192 endurance

159 cunning

110 power

111 surge

156 aug

energy regen rate 5

surge 412(+20.54)

Accuracy 573 (+7.65)

Tech 110

Basic 100

Critical rating 410(+7.34)

Power 902

Edited by bigofwrlclan

Thanks read the guide gave me a few ideas on my rotation to change it slightly.

qusetion for you though since obviously u do more dmg than me your in full 180 is my 1.7k-2k dmg good for my equipment?

Realistically, I'm going to say below sufficient. With the rotation read, you should be able to do more damage than before (though I can't really comment on your gear level because I can only judge primarily from wearing full 180s and 186s).

I think in full 72s (or full 168s), you should be doing around 2.9k-3.1k damage (Yes, I'm accounting the Orbital nerf and the relic fix.)

Edited by DieGhostDie

Thanks read the guide gave me a few ideas on my rotation to change it slightly.

qusetion for you though since obviously u do more dmg than me your in full 180 is my 1.7k-2k dmg good for my equipment?

You definitely can pull better with your gear. Use the rotation of:

OPENER

Orbital -> Ambush -> Followthrough -> SoS -> [sniper Volley, target acquired, laze target] Followthrough -> SoS -> Followthrough -> Snipe x2 -> Followthrough -> Explosive Probe -> Corrosive Dart -> Ambush -> Followthrough -> rotation

ROTATION

Laze Target on cooldown (combined with Sniper Volley), Sniper Volley on cooldown (and right after a Series of Shots)

Blocks are:

SoS -> Followthrough

Explosive Probe -> Ambush -> Followthrough

Corrosive Dart -> Ambush -> Followthrough

Orbital -> Ambush -> Followthrough

Snipe x2 -> Followthrough

Prioritize in that order, though only ambush with 2 stacks of the channel time buff. Sub 30%, replace Corrosive Dart/Orbital with Takedown until you get the set bonus for less energy on Takedown, in which case Takedown replaces a followthrough instead.

Explosive Probe should only be used if you have adrenaline probe off cooldown, or the 2-piece set bonus and Target Acquired, or under the effects of sniper volley (you get 3 cooldowns in the [GCD] -> Ambush combo while under sniper volley instead of the usual 2)

Orbital is used over Corrosive Dart if the target already has the DoT

Anyway, with that rotation/priority/whatever, im hitting 1.9k dps in optimized 156s with only 1 augment (and its accuracy), and no relics.

Not a single piece is over rating 156 too.

One other thing to note: Serendipitous Assault relics dont stack, so replace at least one of them with ANYTHING (power clicky relic, damage proc relic, PvP Mainstat relic, hell even a crit/surge clicky relic)

Edited by TACeMossie

Thank you people for once people on TOR actually helping out :)

Your welcome and good luck! The difference is very impressive compared to your previous numbers! With more gearing and practice, you should be able to match with other top Snipers and Gunslingers in the game. :)

Edited by DieGhostDie

Thank you people for once people on TOR actually helping out :)

just did your opening and rotation on first run through with a couple screw ups i did 2.7k dps

Happy to help.

I will admit most of my tips came from reading shulks guide though, so he basically helped you twice (Though takedown without set bonus came from a guildy)

Happy to help.

I will admit most of my tips came from reading shulks guide though, so he basically helped you twice (Though takedown without set bonus came from a guildy)

Well to be fair, you played your part by giving him pointers, so I don't entirely take all the credit. It's all you. :p

Edited by DieGhostDie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.