Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

1 feature missing from swtor that a wow player doesn't understand.

Vorthaine

as wow player I really enjoy invading other faciton cities and killing the faction leader, it's actually encouraged in wow and you can get a cool mount if you kill all of them. Why can't we invade in swtor?

Because at each city there are some level 55 defenders who will destroy you in 1 and a half second

Ever checked the health of the turrets that one shot you if you get too close to an enemy base?

LOL I had in the past trying to sneak into Imperial territory to go across when exploring, I just saw the light and I was a goner... :eek::D

as wow player I really enjoy invading other faciton cities and killing the faction leader, it's actually encouraged in wow and you can get a cool mount if you kill all of them. Why can't we invade in swtor?

Ehm, did you not read about the Commanders already? http://dulfy.net/2014/08/12/swtor-conquest-commanders-locations-guide/

Not exactly faction leaders, but it comes pretty close to what you are describing, my guild has been doing it ever since 2.9 came out. :)

Edited by Jerba

We don't have faction leaders in our cities. They're usually in mission instances. So you can't walk up and kill them.

Invasions like you suggest would also raise your PvP flag is you survive for the ten seconds it takes to flag you.

And honestly, even as a 55, a person still gets killed pretty fast by the NPCs. And why invade the other faction's city when you're busy on quest missions?

Because at each city there are some level 55 defenders who will destroy you in 1 and a half second

You are aware that even before patch 2.9 the game had already achievements for trashing those level 55 champions and that it was not that hard for an operation size group?

Ehm, did you not read about the Commanders already? http://dulfy.net/2014/08/12/swtor-conquest-commanders-locations-guide/

Not exactly faction leaders, but it comes pretty close to what you are describing, my guild has been doing it ever since 2.9 came out. :)

Sure, I have killed those too, still it is not the same as invading the opposite factions main hub (enjoyed that in WoW or in RIFT, and have asked for such an option in SWTOR even since before it was released).

LOL I had in the past trying to sneak into Imperial territory to go across when exploring, I just saw the light and I was a goner... :eek::D

If you take off your gear and exploit cool downs with careful positioning you can get quite far. Even at release with a commando I managed to get the map reveal at least, with a shadow I will try to get some datacrons :p

By cooldowns, I mean, well, the rez here option, you get that 8 or 10 seconds or whatever to get back into a safe position.

Ummm,

As a Jedi Knight you get to kill (or at least capture) the Emperor. As an Imp player you get to weaken the Empire and defeat Malgus.

OTOH you get to take crap from Shatele Shan and be snarky to the Republic Chancellor.

So there's that.

This is incorrect.

!!! JEDI KNIGHT ENDING SPOILERS BELOW !!!

You get to kill the Voice of the Emperor, NOT the Emperor himself. Capture is not an option, since it refuses to be captured.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.