help with DF

zoist

hey all

Ive been playing slinger for awhile now mainly on SS spec and after feeling rejected by the devs cos we never get a single boost to this spec i started to play around with DF instead. im happy with the spec and for single target fights i use it instead of SS.

after doing some dummy parses i though i had got the hang of it until a guild mate of mine in a mix of 168 and 180 gear did 200 more dps then me (hes a sage balance spec)

So just wonder if anyone can see what im doing wrong or it is just the fact that a slinger just cant compete against other spec (on a dummy that is in raids were it counts i always beat him)

my AMR: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/64c7fc76-8831-470d-8fe7-35661087ecd2

My highest parse: http://www.tortools.com/?player=%40Azelra&display=damageDone&file=31778&ability=all&encounter=875115

i will upload it to torparse once it finally stops taking an age to do anything.

thanks for all help given and if anyone needs to know any more info just say i will provide anything i can

To be fair, Balance Sages are the top parsing ranged DPs in the game right now. They are indeed several hundred dps ahead of all Gunslinger specs. That being said, Gunslinger damage is very easily applied to every fight whereas Sages may struggle on certain aspects of a fight. Given your gear, you could probably be parsing slightly higher, but not by that much. The only thing I can see if you are using too much of Hightail It and not enough of the harder hitting fillers.

Since I can't actually see your log, I'll post this: just follow this rotation

XS > AImed Shot

-----------------------

SB > VS > HB + Adrenal > WS > SC + IM > QD > SS > WS > QD

DoTs > HB > WS > HtI > QD > SS > WS > QD + SL

DoTs > HB > WS > QD > SS > CB > WS > QD

DoTs > HB > WS > SC + CH > QD > SS > WS > QD

DoTs > HB > WS > HtI > QD > SS > WS > QD

DoTs > HB > WS > QD > SS > HtI > WS > QD

repeat until dummy is dead

Time your second adrenal when the rotation cycles back to the beginning for maximum affect. Something that does help is to move lines 3 and 4 up one after the first cycle in order to get to the sub 30% burn faster. Doing so will require the Hightail in line 5 to be moved after Quickdraw. Doing this will maximize your usage of Charged Burst and Sabotage Charge. Additionally, if the dummy/enemy has low health going into a DoT application, it is best to simply use a couple Charged Bursts to quickly kill it rather than wait for Wounding Shots.

hey all

Ive been playing slinger for awhile now mainly on SS spec and after feeling rejected by the devs cos we never get a single boost to this spec i started to play around with DF instead. im happy with the spec and for single target fights i use it instead of SS.

Just want to comment on this part. I hate to break it to you, but Sharpshooter does not need buffs. It's pretty well justified in its current iteration, although I'd like to see a Stage 2 Orbital Strike and a Weakening Blast bug fixed in 3.0.

Dummy parsing also doesn't mean anything compared to raid situations. Sharpshooter can easily pull its own weight and can still be competitive with other ranged. A buffed SS spec = FOTM again which dev's are obviously going to avoid to preserve the usability of other two ranged.

Anyway back on topic, follow Fuzzle's rotations and you'll pull much good DPS (powered by Chipotle ) as with other Dirty Fighting Gunslingers. :)

Edited by DieGhostDie

thanks for the rotation ive changed mine to the one u posted and yep its improved my dps :D still working on getting it a bit higher during the sub 30 part but so far ive managed to get to 3725.

And lol what i meant by feeling rejected (maybe i worded it wrong) was just that since nothing has changed ive got board with the spec not that im unhappy with it. As i said i use it more then i do DF atm during raids.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey I know I'm very late to the party, but what everyone wrote above is pretty spot on. I plan on making a DF/Lethality guide soon™ (prob tonight) so maybe more people will roll a sniper/slinger even though they don't pull as high of numbers on the training dummy.

That would be awesome. I'm interested to see your thoughts on both gearing and the execute phase priority. And yes absolutely this spec doesn't pull as high of numbers on the dummy but the damage is extremely applicable during raids (as you've shown). On my slinger who is somewhat less geared than my Sage I can usually pull comparable numbers with maybe about 100-150 less DPS due to the gear factor. Now to try yet again to convince the slingers in my guild to learn DF and not just stick with Sharpshooter.

That would be awesome. I'm interested to see your thoughts on both gearing and the execute phase priority. And yes absolutely this spec doesn't pull as high of numbers on the dummy but the damage is extremely applicable during raids (as you've shown). On my slinger who is somewhat less geared than my Sage I can usually pull comparable numbers with maybe about 100-150 less DPS due to the gear factor. Now to try yet again to convince the slingers in my guild to learn DF and not just stick with Sharpshooter.

Just made a very quick verison of the guide here. Let me know your feedback!