52 PVP conquest missions vs 188 conquest PVE missions

EvenHardNiner

And people are complaining that they can't grind flashpoints anymore?

http://dulfy.net/2014/08/07/swtor-planetary-conquests-guide/

I count 52 pvp and 188 pve missions (around those numbers). Conquest missions mostly have PVE missions. There's plenty of other things to do.

The PVPers aren't going to do PVE missions, and vice versa. Warzones take around 10-15 minutes, including queue time and that, you'd be lucky to get 4 in an hour, so that's about 2000 conquest points. How many PVE conquest points can you get in an hour? PVE have it better because most of the PVE missions have invasion bonus which means more points!

People don't have time to play all day, some people may only get an hour to play each day. It's fine how it is

I wonder how the belief came to be that "being motivated to do something" equals "being forced to do something".

Much of the talk sounds to me like the inversed "pve has so many lucrative daillies" talk from... 2 weeks ago. xD

*shrugs* If I want to get paid I have to work. If I want a clean house I have to clean it. If I want a neat garden, I need to weed it... And if I want pve armor, I need to pve. If I want conquest stuff I need to do conquest (wich includes PvP). What is the big deal about it?

Re: Conquest complaints:

What is the big deal about it?

Maybe this article can answer that question?

Unhealthy complainers bellyache to anyone who crosses their path ... "Chronic complainers get stuck in victim mode, and that irritates the people around them," ... these types love to talk but rarely listen. ...

Bad complainers are annoying at best, depressing at worst. They spread negativity and give griping a bad name.

Only PvP is infinitely repeatable now so you can do it 24\7 and some guild will do it for win and on PvE servers PvE guild will be far behind of PvP guilds (if it will be enough PvP guilds with max players count).

The good thing that it will move people in WZ"s the bad thing that you dont need to win WZ's so it could be ungeared hell where noone cares of wining. Why i must complete FP with wining all bosses but for WZs im just must participate?

Edited by APCrol

count 52 pvp and 188 pve missions (around those numbers). Conquest missions mostly have PVE missions. There's plenty of other things to do.

The PVPers aren't going to do PVE missions, and vice versa. Warzones take around 10-15 minutes, including queue time and that, you'd be lucky to get 4 in an hour, so that's about 2000 conquest points. How many PVE conquest points can you get in an hour? PVE have it better because most of the PVE missions have invasion bonus which means more points!

People don't have time to play all day, some people may only get an hour to play each day. It's fine how it is

You forgot to mention how 90% of the PvE missions you can only do once per day thanks to this patch (it was like 75% pre-patch).

I can, and have been doing like 20 PvP matches in a day. It's not exactly hard, not does it take "an hour" to do 4 as you claim.

Why should one type be able to keep queueing and getting Conquest points just for showing up, while the other type can only do something once then have to move on? Once they exhaust all they can do, sorry guess you're done till tommorow.

Also PVP GETS AN INVASION BONUS TOO DERP.

Edited by Transairion

You forgot to mention how 90% of the PvE missions you can only do once per day thanks to this patch (it was like 75% pre-patch).

I can, and have been doing like 20 PvP matches in a day. It's not exactly hard, not does it take "an hour" to do 4 as you claim.

Why should one type be able to keep queueing and getting Conquest points just for showing up, while the other type can only do something once then have to move on? Once they exhaust all they can do, sorry guess you're done till tommorow.

Also PVP GETS AN INVASION BONUS TOO DERP.

you just said that you can do more than 4 warzones in an hour. there's only 6 warzones... if pvp'rs were limited to one of the WZ's per day they'd be through it in under 2 hours. You're the one with the variety of content. It's not our fault we only get 1 warzone added each year. If BW put out enough pvp content for us to be restricted to dailies, the forums would be littered over the past 2 1/2 years with people whining about how they only cater to pvp'rs.

you just said that you can do more than 4 warzones in an hour. there's only 6 warzones... if pvp'rs were limited to one of the WZ's per day they'd be through it in under 2 hours. You're the one with the variety of content. It's not our fault we only get 1 warzone added each year. If BW put out enough pvp content for us to be restricted to dailies, the forums would be littered over the past 2 1/2 years with people whining about how they only cater to pvp'rs.

I'm not sure where you're going with this as it doesn't at all address the fact PvE now has a daily cap on what you can do and none of the PvP ones do.

Even 20 PvP games a day is still a dang cap, why should PvE be capped and PvP not?

Don't try and tell me the "variety" of doing a lvl 10 FP or doing Heroic missions on a Force-forsaken planet we did several years back is exactly meant to be stimulating.

No one is arguing that PvP should be limited. It's the fact that PvE objectives are limited while at the same time PvP is unlimited.

Edited by CloudzDeven

And on hoth you will do 20k points, balmorra and ilum just 10k in about 4 hours, taking 12 minutes per match.

On ilum I can do 3 daily FP, 55HM, Tactical. 50HM = 6k points in 2 hours and 30 min + I can run balmorra (with no bonus) in 40 minutes: 3.5k point. Total = 9.5k points in 3 hours and 10 minutes. I have 50 minutes for taking a break while you keep running WZ.

On Balmorra is even worst. 3 daily FP, 55HM, Tactical. 50HM = 6k points in 2 hours and 30 min + I can run balmorra (with bonus): 10.5k. Total 16.5k points in in 3 hours and 10 minutes. I have 50 minutes for taking a break while you keep running WZ and I piss on your WZ points.

On Hoth is near the same as Ilum, but here you of course have more chance to beat me. Because this time Hoth is of course the PvP planet.

So man YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG. Keep queue warzone so I can keep win

Edited by Elminster_cs

On ilum I can do 3 daily FP, 55HM, Tactical. 50HM = 6k points in 2 hours and 30 min + I can run balmorra (with no bonus) in 40 minutes: 3.5k point. Total = 9.5k points in 3 hours and 10 minutes. I have 50 minutes for taking a break while you keep running WZ.

On Balmorra is even worst. 3 daily FP, 55HM, Tactical. 50HM = 6k points in 2 hours and 30 min + I can run balmorra (with bonus): 10.5k. Total 16.5k points in in 3 hours and 10 minutes. I have 50 minutes for taking a break while you keep running WZ and I piss on your WZ points.

Good luck running those 50 HM FP's solo. When your buddies aren't on to help, what do?

I'll keep PvPing with randoms no matter the time of day, I can easily surpass 10,000 points...

You know PvPers can get 1000 points PER MATCH right? 10 PvP games too hard! That's just counting the partipation Conquest as well, I'm sure there's others. For GSF there's like 4 or 5 repeatable missions all giving boosted points.

Edited by Transairion

Good luck running those 50 HM FP's solo. When your buddies aren't on to help, what do?

I'll keep PvPing with randoms no matter the time of day, I can easily surpass 10,000 points...

You know PvPers can get 1000 points PER MATCH right? 10 PvP games too hard! That's just counting the partipation Conquest as well, I'm sure there's others. For GSF there's like 4 or 5 repeatable missions all giving boosted points.

Queue it pop fast. Never do on solo. GUILD CONQUEST = GUILD WORK... buddies don't help? You guild sucks. Just do some more H.

No pvp get 1k point JUST ON HOTH

And for GFS read what kind of conquest is this:

Conquest: Clash in Hyperspace

Republic and Imperial fleets have engaged in protracted battles in several major systems and require the assistance of all able-bodied starfighter pilots.

Do you understand? Are you able to read? Have you take a look at ALL the conquest?

Conquest: The Trade Emporium

Merchants and crafters from across the galaxy have sponsored a massive trade emporium.

is for a exmplae a most crafting conquest.

WAKE UP, READ and STOP trolling

snip

What does any of that have to do with the fact that PvE is capped while PvP isn't? It's like you ignored the other parts of what he said just to make your point. That's besides the fact that, like he said, if you don't have a premade group to run back to back flashpoints you aren't getting that done in 3 hours and 10 minutes. Instead of limiting the options PvE'rs have they should have just made WZ points the same as flashpoints to make both methods equally viable.

EDIT: What does guild conquest have to do with wanting to hit my personal cap?

Edited by CloudzDeven

I'm not sure where you're going with this as it doesn't at all address the fact PvE now has a daily cap on what you can do and none of the PvP ones do.

Even 20 PvP games a day is still a dang cap, why should PvE be capped and PvP not?

Don't try and tell me the "variety" of doing a lvl 10 FP or doing Heroic missions on a Force-forsaken planet we did several years back is exactly meant to be stimulating.

those 6 warzones I mentioned... that's all we have. that's all we had last week, that's all we'll have next week... and I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the week after that, that's all we'll have. If BW wants to release enough content for me to have to pick and choose, I'd gladly take it.. because that would mean that there's enough content for me to pick and choose. I'm sorry... there's 3 mini-arenas we can play when the faction numbers are lopsided, or too low.

There are games where PvP'rs are clearly favored by the development team. This isn't one of them. There are just as many Tactical FP's as there is PvP content (and those mini-fp's are much larger than pvp zones), outside of the normal 55/50's and ops... I'm so sorry you're being forced into something you don't find stimulating as you go through your list of content that includes- hold on, I got a WZ pop... yeah, Civil war. I think I've done this over 1500 times now... HEAVEN FORBID it works toward the planetary conquest.

WAKE UP, READ and STOP trolling

I could tell you the same thing with your posts across several threads. You can also lay off the caps, font size 40 and red colors. Is this the way you normally speak? Because it feels like you are screaming at everyone non stop.

What does any of that have to do with the fact that PvE is capped while PvP isn't? It's like you ignored the other parts of what he said just to make your point. That's besides the fact that, like he said, if you don't have a premade group to run back to back flashpoints you aren't getting that done in 3 hours and 10 minutes. Instead of limiting the options PvE'rs have they should have just made WZ points the same as flashpoints to make both methods equally viable.

EDIT: What does guild conquest have to do with wanting to hit my personal cap?

Simple because THIS event is like this.

You can cap PvE, but you can alway log in another character. 2 character = 7 hours of playtime. Do you play 24 hours? With 7 character you can easy do 24 hours of play. And if you play 24 hours/day you have 7 character.

Com'on is just an exploit, we don't need something like this, there chance to win anyway like my post is showing. If you can the PvP is the same, you login another character and is done.

I could tell you the same thing with your posts across several threads. You can also lay off the caps, font size 40 and red colors. Is this the way you normally speak? Because it feels like you are screaming at everyone non stop.

I highline what people don't read. Because for now anybody are able do demonstrate in math that they can do PvP and beat a PvE player, and nobody is reading.

those 6 warzones I mentioned... that's all we have. that's all we had last week, that's all we'll have next week... and I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the week after that, that's all we'll have. If BW wants to release enough content for me to have to pick and choose, I'd gladly take it.. because that would mean that there's enough content for me to pick and choose. I'm sorry... there's 3 mini-arenas we can play when the faction numbers are lopsided, or too low.

There are games where PvP'rs are clearly favored by the development team. This isn't one of them. There are just as many Tactical FP's as there is PvP content (and those mini-fp's are much larger than pvp zones), outside of the normal 55/50's and ops... I'm so sorry you're being forced into something you don't find stimulating as you go through your list of content that includes- hold on, I got a WZ pop... yeah, Civil war. I think I've done this over 1500 times now... HEAVEN FORBID it works toward the planetary conquest.

This isn't a PvP game.

I don't think the solution to a PvE game not being a PvP game is to make Planetary Conquests heavily favor PvP by nerfing the ability to PvE to the ground. Which is what this patch does.

The PvE content is all grindy low level junk we avoided years ago anyway, PvP content is just regular PvP gameplay. If that's not stimulating enough for you not my fault but I'm not having any fun going to low level planet like 5 and doing 10 Heroics either.

If anything Conquests started out with PvP guilds at a huge advantage just because their normal gameplay gives them points, while PvErs have to go out of their way to do crummy old content. Where's the points for doing Dailies? 1000 points for Black Hole Weekly, yeah that gets done within an hour. How about 500 for each Daily mission buddy? That way I can get points while doing something worthwhile too.

Simple because THIS event is like this.

You can cap PvE, but you can alway log in another character. 2 character = 7 hours of playtime. Do you play 24 hours? With 7 character you can easy do 24 hours of play. And if you play 24 hours/day you have 7 character.

Com'on is just an exploit, we don't need something like this, there chance to win anyway like my post is showing. If you can the PvP is the same, you login another character and is done.

Unless your guild only has like 10 people in it, each with 22 alts, then it doesn't work that way. At all.

And even if it did, that's THEIR CHOICE to do that boring grind for the sake of their guild/whatever.

Meanwhile I can just PvP on my main all day over and over and over and I'll be rolling in points, and I didn't need to switch character or even do anything different to normal. I have no upper limit, you do.

Therein lies the issue.

Edited by Transairion

This isn't a PvP game.

I don't think the solution to a PvE game not being a PvP game is to make Planetary Conquests heavily favor PvP by nerfing the ability to PvE to the ground. Which is what this patch does.

Exactly, they should make PvP worth doing on its own merits.

Slightly unrelated, but this feels similar to f2p vs sub, where they lock away content for f2p instead of giving content to subs and class balance where they nerf multiple classes instead of buffing 1.

This isn't a PvP game.

The PvE content is all grindy low level junk we avoided years ago anyway, PvP content is just regular PvP gameplay. If that's not stimulating enough for you not my fault but I'm not having any fun going to low level planet like 5 and doing 10 Heroics either.

If anything Conquests started out with PvP guilds at a huge advantage just because their normal gameplay gives them points, while PvErs have to go out of their way to do crummy old content. Where's the points for doing Dailies? 1000 points for Black Hole Weekly, yeah that gets done within an hour. How about 500 for each Daily mission buddy? That way I can get points while doing something worthwhile too.

If it's not a pvp game there would be no pvp. There IS a pvp aspect to this game, but it doesn't get any attention. click on the tab in the bottom right of the map. see? You may not like the aspect, but the game doesn't shift it's intent to whatever YOU enjoy. Pointing your finger at pvp'rs having it so cushy isn't the way to go about this. It's not like we're forsaking other pvp content to grind out these warzones. you have a multitude of content that limits your attention to the game via dailies. We have our attention limited because of the lack of content, period.

if 6 warzones for 3 years isn't stimulating enough for me, that's just too bad, but having enough content to do numerous objectives is bogus because you're just too bored with some of it and can't grind out the same thing over and over for conquest? and that you don't get enough points as you go through your weekly? well, poor you. I'll gladly reverse it with you, and you can have your endgame narrowed into the same thing, and i'll have so much stuff to do that they can cap it to dailies.

Conquest aside. There's so little pvp content that they couldn't cap it to dailies even if they wanted to. If they capped warzones with dailies there would be nothing a pvp'r could do at all. how long does it take you to get one character to the point where there's nothing more you can do? How long does it take to go through each warzone? You got the long end of the stick.

I'll gladly reverse it with you, and you can have your endgame narrowed into the same thing, and i'll have so much stuff to do that they can cap it to dailies.

Endgame is just DP and DF so it's pretty narrow if not more narrow than PvP. At best you have SnV and TfB too, but they don't drop 180 armor so past a certain point it's pointless to run them. These flashpoints we have for conquest are either the lvl 50 HM or the lvl 30-50(I think FE is 50) flashpoints. At least with PvP it's business as usual for you and you get what's basically a bonus for doing what you normally do. All I'm doing Black Talon for is conquest points. It's not even that I'm bored with it. At 55 what benefit, besides conquest points, is there for doing HM 50 flashpoints or their SM versions?

The problem with the current system is they give an incentive to PvP by limiting PvE. What they should have done was give PvP more points or give them more points for winning a match. I'm all for them buffing PvP benefits to equal or exceed(for wins) PvE objectives. What doesn't help anyone is limiting our options just to give the appearance of 'balance'.

Again, no one is advocating putting a cap on PvP, just removing the cap for PvE.

Edited by CloudzDeven

Endgame is just DP and DF so it's pretty narrow if not more narrow than PvP. At best you have SnV and TfB too, but they don't drop 180 armor so past a certain point it's pointless to run them.

Again, no one is advocating putting a cap on PvP, just removing the cap for PvE.

You can get 180 armor outside of it being dropped. I've never done a raid past TfB and I have 180 armor.

and yes, the guy above advocating a cap for PvP is advocating for a cap on PvP.

You can get 180 armor outside of it being dropped. I've never done a raid past TfB and I have 180 armor.

and yes, the guy above advocating a cap for PvP is advocating for a cap on PvP.

The 180 armor you get from comms has horrible stat utilization and no set bonus. Sniper/Operative gear for example has tons of alacrity and is actually worse than the 168 armor because of the loss of surge. It also gives you way more endurance than you need compared to the gear you give the guys in the middle. People do operations at end game and not just HM 55 flashpoints because of this reason. Also you can't get a 180 mainhand or relics from the comm vendor.

Also I must have missed the part where he said that, mind quoting him? The issue he notes is that because there's no cap it disincentives doing PvE objectives over PvP. And I don't mean to say PvE should be more important, but the only reason I'm bothering with PvP(which I really don't like) is because it's fast, easy points win or lose. But hey I could have missed the part where he said "PvP needs to be capped like PvE."

Edited by CloudzDeven

The 180 armor you get from comms has horrible stat utilization and no set bonus. Sniper/Agent gear for example has tons of alacrity and is actually worse than the 168 armor because of the loss of surge. It also gives you way more endurance than you need compared to the gear you give the guys in the middle. People do operations at end game and not just HM 55 flashpoints because of this reason. Also you can't get a 180 mainhand or relics from the comm vendor.

I know. it may not be the best armor, but it is attainable by a variety of different ways and you can use it to begin putting together a 180 suit. Outside of queueing for WZ's you can't get any pvp armor. it doesn't drop at all. Saying PvP'rs have more variety just isn't true. I've ground out 10 suits from the same limited content. PvP'rs don't have a means to work through tier's to get to the point where you get the good stuff at the top vendor, and the best stuff as drops. I'm queueing for the same content for brutalizer that I did for Centurion, Champion, Battlemaster, Battlemaster with redone expertise, War hero, Elite War hero, Conqueror, and Obroan, and I've had to optimize each one with commendations from the same content.

It may seem like PvP'rs have an edge (and maybe they do) because their content is more beneficial, but the other edge of that sword is that the content itself is paltry. I'm willing to bet that 90% of PvP'rs would LOVE to go to Noob worlds and build up a base and defend/invade other bases, or whatever... but in reality, the little bit of content we can do to contribute is all the content we have. Like I said, I'd enjoy being limited to certain amounts of content per day, because that would mean that I have enough content to do so. Being narrowed into the same thing is more of a curse than a blessing, so to speak.

Saying PvP'rs have more variety just isn't true.

You're confusing content with rewards and anyway 55 HMs are the same lowbie flashpoints we did when leveling up so it's just rehashed content. This is all besides the point anyway.

Neither PvP players nor PvE benefit from PvE objectives being restricted how they are. PvP players will continue to play PvP like they always do, but PvE players will be 'forced' to do flashpoints that don't benefit them at end game.

You can't solo 50 HM fps? Well... that explains your whining.