Conquest PvP Objectives

JediMasterSLC

I thought earlier about posting the suggestion that the repeatable conquest reward for winning warzones be changed to either require less wins to complete (currently at 10 wins), or the rewarded number of points increased. As of now, if one wins 10 warzones, only like 20% of the points rewarded will be from the "wins" objective- the rest of them achieved through the "games played" obj. I think winning should be incentivized more than this.

But what really bothers me- and what motivated me to type this- is that for this week, there are no rewards for winning at all. PvP conquest guilds are encouraged to complete games quickly- not to win them. There's not a reward for completing the reg and/or ranked weeklies either. Only 1 PvP-related reward out of the dozens of others. Also, the bonus for it is only available on one of the conquerable planets (forcing PvP guilds to invade that planet or have no chance at competing against PvE guilds).

Neither are there world boss kill rewards, or any rewards for raiding an enemy base except for on Ilum. Why aren't there any for objectives for Hoth NPCs? Conquest concept is good but the objectives need tweaking.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

If I may, I think it would be a good idea if one week was pvp heavy and the next was pve heavy and then half and half and the cycle starts over.

Or you could just give both PvP and PvE focused guilds a fighting chance every week? Also, there would be a massive outrage if there was a week where there was only 1 PvE obj and 1 only planet had a bonus for it.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Or you could just give both PvP and PvE focused guilds a fighting chance every week? Also, there would be a massive outrage if there was a week where there was only 1 PvE obj and 1 only planet had a bonus for it.

I think they are encouraging people to get into other styles of play instead of always doing to same thing week after week.. If they gave each style the same opportunity every week you would have players doing the same things every week and you would likely end up with a lot of people burning out really fast.

Variety is the spice of life.

I think they are encouraging people to get into other styles of play instead of always doing to same thing week after week.. If they gave each style the same opportunity every week you would have players doing the same things every week and you would likely end up with a lot of people burning out really fast.

Someone who gets it.

Except that a lot of people don't have time to have both PvP and PvE gear across all their toons. Most people prefer one over the other. They shouldn't be penalized for this. Conquest is basically an incentive to play existing content, barring the commanders. PvPers shouldn't be forced to PvE and vice-versa. PvP guilds doing their thing to get conquest points, running warzones and raiding bases... that's not gonna burn them out. What's gonna burn them out is disillusionment with the current reality that if you don't PvE, you can't control planets. Many of my guildies have voiced this feeling.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Except that a lot of people don't have time to have both PvP and PvE gear across all their toons. Most people prefer one over the other. They shouldn't be penalized for this. Conquest is basically an incentive to play existing content, barring the commanders. PvPers shouldn't be forced to PvE and vice-versa. PvP guilds doing their thing to get conquest points, running warzones and raiding bases... that's not gonna burn them out. What's gonna burn them out is disillusionment with the current reality that if you don't PvE, you can't control planets. Many of my guildies have voiced this feeling.

Why would you need to grind more gear? With bolster in place PvE'ers can get access to PvP if they really really want the points, and none of the objectives require running NiM Dread ops, so there is no need for PvP'ers to grind PvE gear either.

And yes it is incentivizing old content, and because of that you have to mix it up otherwise you will have burnout. Conquest requires a huge amount of grind time if you want to place high, and nobodies going to do that if they have to grind the exact same old content week after week.

Why would you need to grind more gear? With bolster in place PvE'ers can get access to PvP if they really really want the points, and none of the objectives require running NiM Dread ops, so there is no need for PvP'ers to grind PvE gear either.

And yes it is incentivizing old content, and because of that you have to mix it up otherwise you will have burnout. Conquest requires a huge amount of grind time if you want to place high, and nobodies going to do that if they have to grind the exact same old content week after week.

My guild wasn't burned out from running warzones and occasional ranked before conquest came out. Having to do PvE to compete in conquest will burn them out more than continuing to do what they were doing before. Your premise is wrong. Being able to grind the content that you actually liked playing to begin with >>>>>>>>>>>>> often being forced to grind content which you hate.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

If I may, I think it would be a good idea if one week was pvp heavy and the next was pve heavy and then half and half and the cycle starts over.

That makes sense and give PVPers a chance for some decent games again amongst themselves.

Then during the week of the PVE players in warzones, we can fail to log and let them have their headless chicken fun.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

Technically Starfighter has a bunch of Objectives this week and counts as PvP... as it's player vs player....

As long as PvP guilds aren't topping the leaderboards by the millions ahead of their next competitor simply because completing a PvP match gives them a truckload of points again I'll be content.

Technically Starfighter has a bunch of Objectives this week and counts as PvP... as it's player vs player....

As long as PvP guilds aren't topping the leaderboards by the millions ahead of their next competitor simply because completing a PvP match gives them a truckload of points again I'll be content.

To be honest, I could not care less about how many conquest points I am accruing, I really have no clue what they are for and am not interested. What really grips my **** is the way this new feature has ruined the one part of the game I actually play.

To be honest, I could not care less about how many conquest points I am accruing, I really have no clue what they are for and am not interested. What really grips my **** is the way this new feature has ruined the one part of the game I actually play.

I'm sorry but it seems no matter what any non-PvPer who plays a PvP match automatically "ruins the game" simply they're not 2018 expertise hardcore max Brutalizer flavour of the month OP class.

Ranked PvP sure, but REGULAR PvP? I simply don't PvP because it's always a miserable experiance for me, but that doesn't mean I should be barred from doing it if I choose to.

lolgsf is a *********** joke and not real pvp

lolgsf is a *********** joke and not real pvp

Whether you dislike it or not is irrevelvant as it's still Player vs Player

Only 1 PvP-related reward out of the dozens of others.

So this claim is already invalid, with GSF there's like 5 or 6.

Edited by Transairion

I think it'd be preferable to have planets open that support a variety of playstyles open at the same time.

THIS! IMHO, there should be at least 1 PvP, 1 PvE, and 1 Starfighter-focused planet open for Conquest each week. If your guild feels like it wants to experience a different grind, then try to conquer a different type of planet the next week.

What really grips my **** is the way this new feature has ruined the one part of the game I actually play.

True. Tons of filthy casuals and carebears flooded warzones last week while wearing their best pajamas and sporting impressive levels of incompetence.

The devs should just make one planet each week be pvp only. That way, all the hardcore pvp guilds can just go there and compete with each other while doing what they enjoy. No crafting shortcuts, no pve grinds, just pvp.

And please, add an objective for open-world player kills. Even something small like 50 points per kill. It's an absolute joke that "conquering" a planet means who can run the most hardmode flashpoints, craft a bunch of items, or farm repeatable heroics. "Conquering" means taking from someone else, forcibly imposing your will; it's laughable that anyone would call farming HM False Emperor over and over for six days the criteria for "conquering" Ilum.

There's really no conquering involved in this "Conquest" system, at least not in its current form.

Someone who gets it.

You aren't making a point, you are coming off as a conceited ****.

It is a war game without war, pvp is a second class citizen to zerg pve guilds doing the same easy, hard mode 50 flashpoint over and over. If you think we should taste that content, you are *********** retarded.

Honestly, you probably have no experience with any real pve content in this game let alone pvp.

You aren't making a point, you are coming off as a conceited ****.

It is a war game without war, pvp is a second class citizen to zerg pve guilds doing the same easy, hard mode 50 flashpoint over and over. If you think we should taste that content, you are *********** retarded.

Honestly, you probably have no experience with any real pve content in this game let alone pvp.

Someone who gets it.