Legacy cargo confusion

Slightrider

Before I spend the cartel coins to unlock another cargo slot in my legacy hold, one quick question.

The purchase window has a choice to unlock for single character or whole account. This does not make sense...it is a LEGACY cargo hold. So, if the one toon i purchase it for is in my legacy...do other toons in my legacy have access?

its actualy something I've been trying to figure out myself. I've noticed that cargohold unlocks bought of cartel market have (account) next to description... does that mean that if I purchase it on one server, it will apply to every server I play on? or just the server I bought it on? I have no confusion when it comes to paying with in game credits, that's legacy wide only, its the CC unlock that has me questioning things... and now I'm not going to buy one yet... until I know for sure. at the moment, 2 tabs on my main server are sufficient. I can wait to get more.

edited... and type too slow O_O thank you for the answer above. cool beans :p

Edited by Jeweledleah

Are you sure you're not looking at the personal cargo options? I unlocked all the Legacy bays and don't recall ever seeing a choice for "character only." But I may have missed it. I was pretty giddy over the prospect of no longer having to mail crafting mats around my alts.

EDIT: Ah, that may be the difference: Legacy-wide vs. Account-wide. I can attest that using CC to unlock Legacy bays is Account-wide (I checked on all three of my servers as soon as I bought the first extra bay). Not sure about buying with credits.

Edited by Thoronmir

its actualy something I've been trying to figure out myself. I've noticed that cargohold unlocks bought of cartel market have (account) next to description... does that mean that if I purchase it on one server, it will apply to every server I play on? or just the server I bought it on? I have no confusion when it comes to paying with in game credits, that's legacy wide only, its the CC unlock that has me questioning things... and now I'm not going to buy one yet... until I know for sure. at the moment, 2 tabs on my main server are sufficient. I can wait to get more.

edited... and type too slow O_O thank you for the answer above. cool beans :p

Yes to your question about CM cargo bay / inventory slot upgrades labeled 'account'.

I've bought them off the GTN and used them, and now any character I make on any server has a full inventory tab and all cargo bays unlocked.

There is the option of buying the unlock with credits for just the current character. Just wondering how that works with a legacy cargo hold. Because I would rather use in game credits instead of real money(cartel coins)

with legacy cargo hold - it unlocks it for your legacy. basically, since your legacy hold is accessible by all characters - any slot you buy for it - is as well.

personally, I'm waiting for CM versions to drop in price on GTN :p especially now that I know that they will unlock all my legacy holds everywhere

Before I spend the cartel coins to unlock another cargo slot in my legacy hold, one quick question.

The purchase window has a choice to unlock for single character or whole account. This does not make sense...it is a LEGACY cargo hold. So, if the one toon i purchase it for is in my legacy...do other toons in my legacy have access?

"Account Wide" means all your characters receive it, no matter which server they are on. Legacy is only one server.

with legacy cargo hold - it unlocks it for your legacy. basically, since your legacy hold is accessible by all characters - any slot you buy for it - is as well.

personally, I'm waiting for CM versions to drop in price on GTN :p especially now that I know that they will unlock all my legacy holds everywhere

I don't know why, but I'm always amazed at what people will try to price things for on the GTN. Last I checked there were only two Legacy Bank tabs for sale on the GTN. One was listed for 25m and the other for 8m. Do they really expect people to buy them when the price to unlock all four additional bays is 5.1m?

I don't know why, but I'm always amazed at what people will try to price things for on the GTN. Last I checked there were only two Legacy Bank tabs for sale on the GTN. One was listed for 25m and the other for 8m. Do they really expect people to buy them when the price to unlock all four additional bays is 5.1m?

What's it to you?

I have no idea what they expect. on my server, the price is hovering around 1 mil at the moment. given precedent of other CM stuf... I'm expecting it to drop to about 700. if it never does, I may end up buying two of those 1 mil tabs eventually, and just paying normal 750 for second tab. we'll see. at the moment, my priority is not legacy storage, but rather pimping out my apartments and still keeping enough in reserve for when stronghold packs drop in price some more. (max ALL reps!)