[BUG] Resource node decorations broken.

GreenLantern

You place a resource node in your stronghold and you gather from it. You get the debuff and you can no longer gather from it. You switch to another character and try to gather from that same node but it is unclickable. I do not know if this is how the resource node decoration is supposed to function. If not, then this is the bug. If it is how the resource node decorations function, then a simple workaround to gather from a single node infinitely is to simply pick it up and put it back down in your stronghold to make it gatherable again for a different character, and thus, broken.

/bugreport end

Edited by GreenLantern

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I don't think its a bug. I believe the nodes have a timer on them. Once you gather from a node, I'm not sure what the time is, but you can't collect from that node for another 10 or 20 min. From the same char or any alt you log on.

No, it's more compilcated than that. You can continue looting with the same character until you get the debuff that locks you out for 4 hours, but even then the node is still blue to you and theoretically clickable.

The problem is that if you log to a different character, the node will not be clickable at all, it does not light up when you hover with your mouse over it; it's just a static decoration then.

When a character interacts with the node, it belongs to that character and only that character can click on it until the stronghold resets or you pick up the decoration and place it down again.

We haven't received an official reply yet whether or not this is considered a bug. While I'd appreciate if they fixed this so that I don't have to continuously renew the nodes on our guild flagship, I understand that this probably is not an easy fix and that there are more important bugs than this.

• 3 weeks later...

Was coming to report the same bug. I'm sure it's a bug because you can work around it by: A) picking up and putting down the locked-out decoration, or B) traveling somewhere else and coming back--this works for my stronghold, at least. Traveling may not work if there are still other players present in the stronghold/ship...? Haven't checked, but I know that once a collection decoration gets "locked out" it can't be used by any player in the stronghold until the owner picks up the decoration and places it again.

I just wanted to throw another vote on this being annoying.

It's never been confirmed as a bug, but it does look that way. It isn't 100% reproducible (I can usually do several characters before it locks out). Picking up and replacing the item will "clear" the bug, but it isn't *necessary*. Usually the item will be usable before the lockout on the last person to successfully use it to depletion expires; I haven't just sat in my SH waiting for it to happen, so it's likely that one of my travels away from / back to my SH, or switching chars, reset it, and again, it's not 100% reproducible.

So, it's a minor inconvenience in a personal SH (since you can always pick up / replace your own nodes), but possibly irritating in other people's SHs or guild ships.

I have figured out a workaround. The person using the node cannot log out inside the stronghold and the next character to gather cannot log into the stronghold. Make sure every character leaves the stronghold before logging out and the resource nodes do not bug out.

I have figured out a workaround. The person using the node cannot log out inside the stronghold and the next character to gather cannot log into the stronghold. Make sure every character leaves the stronghold before logging out and the resource nodes do not bug out.

That would make sense. As long as you are online and your stronghold appears in the public listing, the phase needs to stay open, but when you logout, the phase will be destroyed and recreated when you login again.

For guild strongholds and guild flagships the situation is different of course because the phase will stay open as long as there are other player from the guild online.

In the end, I think it's faster to just pick up the node and place it down, than leaving the stronghold and going through a loading screen.

What I still don't understand is under what conditions a node becomes unclickable. For example, when you are in the stronghold while another player starts looting it, the node stays clickable. But when you enter at a later time, the node will not be clickable.

Edited by Jerba