Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

So, Bioware, how many credits were burned yesterday?

Laurreth

Just how many billions of credits just vanished from the economy since the patch? :D

Not enough to crash the game or the economy. I'm sure the doom and gloomers are planning their next crisis right now.

Just a side note for those who didn't understand the process here. For months guilds were saving up credits, for months this large sum of credits was just sitting in a guild bank so using it yesterday had zero effect on the rest of the game. Most players also got a free NS and paid 50 cc for DK so not a lot of credits went out there.

I am looking forward to the next ridiculous doom and gloom crisis!! :eek:

Assuming we have about 300k subscribers and every single one of them has purchased at least the Dromund Kaas stronghold, that'd be 1,500,000,000 credits alone.

Umm the DK stronghold cost 50cc so your math is way off...

Just how many billions of credits just vanished from the economy since the patch? :D

Dude, people have been hoarding the money for ever now and its time to do something with it but i must say that 2,5 mil for tatooins Stronghold was really a low price, i thought it should have been at least 10 mil, i mean come on with all the dailies, crafting, PVP, FPs, OPs and side game activities we are doing, it was really cheap price!

I don't think this is going to be a huge initial money sink. I think you'll see a slight amount of credits taken out of the market over time. I think people are seeing the 50 mil for a guild flagship is really just the tip of the ice berg in terms of things credits can be sunk into with strongholds and a lot of that I don't think people planned for simply because we didn't know what opening up all the rooms would cost. Edited by LordHartigan

Personally I'm more curious about how many hoarded materials vanished overnight. People have been sitting on giant stacks of crafting supplies for rages, and suddenly yesterday all those materials became relevant again. Between the selective materials I placed in Legacy storage and the gobs of them I burned crafting kits to sell on the GTN, I think I opened up 12 bays in my crafters personal storage tabs. :D

But yeah, I think GSH is doing a good jog siphoning stockpiles of credits off the market as well. I've personally spent almost nothing on my stronghold yet, but I know guildies who dropped 10-15 million already.

Personally I'm more curious about how many hoarded materials vanished overnight. People have been sitting on giant stacks of crafting supplies for rages, and suddenly yesterday all those materials became relevant again. Between the selective materials I placed in Legacy storage and the gobs of them I burned crafting kits to sell on the GTN, I think I opened up 12 bays in my crafters personal storage tabs. :D

But yeah, I think GSH is doing a good jog siphoning stockpiles of credits off the market as well. I've personally spent almost nothing on my stronghold yet, but I know guildies who dropped 10-15 million already.

I noticed that too. Mostly the high end mats like mass manips, but there are some other mats that market is gonna go up on too. A lot of the prefabs require lvl 4-5 mats in slic tech parts, color crystals, etc.

I dropped 2.5 million on the base Tat stronghold plus 50cc on each of the capital world ones. I will eventually probably expand one or all of them fully, so I'll be dropping quite a few million credits.

As others have said, those credits have been accumulating in my account since the game started, with nothing compelling to spend them on. My destroying them via GSH won't have any impact on the economy at all. They were already effectively taken out of the economy as soon as they landed in my hot little hands because I simply don't spend.

50cc or 5k credits. Personally I'd choose 5k over 50cc.

The benefit to 50cc in those purchases is that if your ownership of the stronghold lapses, you can get it back without a credit expense.

I saw a screenshot of someone on the subreddit with all five legacy cargo bays and 9/9 rooms on Nar Shaddaa and they still had over 300 million. Whatever was dumped into strongholds and flagships in the grand scheme of things will probably be irrelevant.

Stuff may be a little cheaper for a week or two, but that's just a guess.

While every now and then I'd go through and vendor some of my stocks to make room, I had a pretty sizable amount of crafting mats across multiple toons that has now dwindled to alarmingly low levels.

On the up side, my bank tabs look better organized...

I still believe the majority of credits that "disappeared" yesterday were created for the sole purpose of being spent yesterday, meaning that there was little net change in credits available.

Yup... I certainly didn't "lose" any credits...

I had saved up about a million for unlocking a few extra rooms and buying the DK/Cor apartments, but that's it.

I have, however, MADE around 6 million off crafted prefabs :)

Well... I made over 100 industrial prefabs mk-3 and over 100 fabricator crystals mk-3.

And I also made a dozen or two of each of the other ones.

Currently working on all the war supplies to get some dark projects going :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.