Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Lower the Item Modification costs or just sell the mods individually

Saito_Hiraga

Maybe when you are a low level player its fair but the prices for moving mods when you are a lv55 are insanely high.

I want to move my PVP or my PVE armor mods to a better looking armor set or a more personal style clothes and Its about 200k to move all my pieces.

As there is people who are ok with their armor sets theres also people who doesnt really like the looking of the pvp or pve armor sets you launch. So we are forced to remove mods from that armor and move them to our own armor set but when you just finished moving all your mods; Imagine a new set of ranked armor or pve stuff comes out and you have to get and move everything again.

Its really annoying to spend a lot of credits (and comms to get the new armors) just to have your toon looking the way you like it.

If its not posible to lower the modding prices at least stop launching pvp and pve armor sets and just sell packs with the mods so we can place them directly wherever we want them.

You'll save a lot of work making armor sets each season and you'll let your players use their personal armor sets.

I Agree, the cost for removing a mod is too high!

In game there are 9 customizable equipment you can wear with a total of 25 modable slots, not including augments

As an example lets take a look at someone who has just hit Lvl50

Currently a Lvl50 Advanced 25 cost 7,900 to remove as a subscriber

Keep in mind its even more for a non-subscribers

Advanced 25 7,900 * 25 = 197,500

The higher Lvl mods cost even more to remove and it can get expensive very quickly, factor in customizing your companions and you will be borke!

The price for removing mods needs to be cut by 50% to 75% or with strongholds coming out make so when you use a modding table in your stronghold, mod removal cost is reduced by 50% to 75% or free

Edited by JubeiLev
Added Ideals

/notsigned. Prices are already significantly lower than they used to be. Rakata used to cost something like 40k each to strip a mod from. Credit sinks exist for a reason.

I disagree. While credit sinks exist for a reason, BW does it wrong. If they want to make more money with selling their Cartel Market armor sets and have people buy even more Cartel Packs, they need to make it easier to switch armor.

I would pretty much swap my gear with every new pack that comes out. But well, my main still weares the same old Hot Shot Space set for more than a year now. Quite some money BW could have made by making it easier (= cheaper in-game) for me to invest real money into their offered Cartel Market sets.

Fact is: I won't change my armors if it is not really absolutely necessary. Which it is not. A pity in my opinion.

I disagree. While credit sinks exist for a reason, BW does it wrong. If they want to make more money with selling their Cartel Market armor sets and have people buy even more Cartel Packs, they need to make it easier to switch armor.

I would pretty much swap my gear with every new pack that comes out. But well, my main still weares the same old Hot Shot Space set for more than a year now. Quite some money BW could have made by making it easier (= cheaper in-game) for me to invest real money into their offered Cartel Market sets.

Fact is: I won't change my armors if it is not really absolutely necessary. Which it is not. A pity in my opinion.

Not signed, and I don't agree with your statement either.

It's hardly a challenge to actually get the credits to change an outfit with mods, they're called dailies and you can do them for about 500k a day at the very least, I don't play that much anymore but your reasoning is just an excuse.. If said new armor would really interest you you'd feel motivated to do a daily, in which case you wouldn't be discussing lower prices..

I'm not looking for a game that gives me stuff for free just by being lazy..

When I'm stripping mods out of armor at level 55 I tend to feel the price is a bit high. However, I need only do the dailies on one planet and I have the full amount of credits needed.

/shrug

I wouldn't be upset if they lowered the cost, but I don't feel the problem requires attention either.

Bioware needs to implement, like all the otehr MMORPGs, a multiple "appearance" or "wardrove" system, where slot 1 is your actual battle gear with mods, and the next set of wardrove pages are for look alone thus you can have your normal combat look, your guild uniform, your out in town and party look, etc. I can see were you coul dhave 2 tactical slots a PvE and PvP that you can toggle as you need, while not impacting your appearance.

Sue

Bioware needs to implement, like all the otehr MMORPGs, a multiple "appearance" or "wardrove" system, where slot 1 is your actual battle gear with mods, and the next set of wardrove pages are for look alone thus you can have your normal combat look, your guild uniform, your out in town and party look, etc. I can see were you coul dhave 2 tactical slots a PvE and PvP that you can toggle as you need, while not impacting your appearance.

Sue

YES! This is idea would totaly help a lot....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.