Seriously...?

Darth_Wicked

I hope so, minus the billion of instance mobs you have to go through.

I should hope so but then again...

Section X came out and they rearranged it accordingly, namely the heroic.

Makeb came out and they rearranged it accordingly, more than a full year(!!!) later.

Oricon came and they rearranged their aggro rance accordingly, some months later.

- - - -

Shouldn't we expect the same yet again? :o

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to look at what they are doing big picture. This is going to give everyone 3-4 months of a free boost at lvl 50 to get all their toons to 55 before the large scale expansion launches and kicks the level cap up to 65.

Pics. Schematics. Proof of any kind.

Quick.

You need to look at what they are doing big picture. This is going to give everyone 3-4 months of a free boost at lvl 50 to get all their toons to 55 before the large scale expansion launches and kicks the level cap up to 65.

To 65? Shoot that would be nice. 10 more skill points. I know alot of people would be unhappy with that many more skill points but I think it would be more fun for me.

To 65? Shoot that would be nice. 10 more skill points. I know alot of people would be unhappy with that many more skill points but I think it would be more fun for me.

Yeah 10 level increase would be much better , 5 levels isn't enough , again for me. Let's hope they hired many dev's that last time round so as we get not one but 2 planets in 3.0.

On a side note , I wonder how we sit and/or sleep is it ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Yeah 10 level increase would be much better , 5 levels isn't enough , again for me. Let's hope they hired many dev's that last time round so as we get not one but 2 planets in 3.0.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

3.0 = Three planets.

Make it so, Bioware. It is your honor. :D

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Didn't they say that we'd all have new /sleep and /chair emotes for free after 2.9?

Makeb doesn't get used much because it's a pretty lousy design for many reasons. I've only done the story three times, when it first came out and twice more on stealth toons to avoid the trash to see the story on both factions and to take advantage of a double xp weekend. ( i have 11 toons 50+)

I don't really care that they're nerfing Makeb because I'll never visit the place again but I don't like the fact that they seem to be constantly making the game easier. The game is turning into a purely dress up and play house game with no challenges outside HM OPs and PVP. They could remove half the skills from the game and you could do all the content.

Didn't they say that we'd all have new /sleep and /chair emotes for free after 2.9?

Its not emote for say, when you are in your GSH and near a chair you type /sit (I do believe that the command) and you sit in the chair. I've heard players talk about being able to sleep in beds. But I stop caring about GSH when there was no credits in LS, so I stop watching the live streams. So not sure about that one.

Its not emote for say, when you are in your GSH and near a chair you type /sit (I do believe that the command) and you sit in the chair. I've heard players talk about being able to sleep in beds. But I stop caring about GSH when there was no credits in LS, so I stop watching the live streams. So not sure about that one.

/sit is the one you have in the game since launch. For the new emotes, you type /chair and /sleep. ;)

EDIT:

/chair randomizes, so it can be a pain until you get the one you want.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I personally think this is fantastic news. I don't know if they still have the reduced mob density, but even if they do not the boost to 156 should compensate.

My guess is that this is an internal numbers move. They may have seen that folks are not doing Makeb dailies as often as other dailies, and also that perhaps many folks have not even finished Makeb. I suspect the latter is more likely...I hear that all the time. So they decided to make the adjustments.

Now, its a shame that they did the gear boosting thing, as that kind of forces "easy" on folks that may not like it. I think instead the buff should have been much stronger, but no boost. This way folks that like Makeb the way it is would be unaffected, since you can simply choose not to use the buff.

To my understanding, you have to click on a terminal to get the buff in the orbital station. It is not forced on you.

Oh, wait...if I am not mistaken the gear bolstering is part of the buff. That will work.

Does anyone know if there's a way to opt out of this get out of jail free card? If there is, then I don't really care if it exists of not.

/sit is the one you have in the game since launch. For the new emotes, you type /chair and /sleep. ;)

EDIT:

/chair randomizes, so it can be a pain until you get the one you want.

I was only half listening to Eric as he was talking about it during the stream. I was waiting for more information about LS.

Honestly I couldn't care less about the changes to Makeb. Only because I never found the planet all that challenging to begin with.

What I would like to see is a bolster of some kind on Oricon. That area can be very challenging for a fresh 55, and some of the fights (cough..subterroth...cough..commander zaoron...cough) are overtuned to the point of being nearly impossible without help and/or using your heroic moment.

Honestly I couldn't care less about the changes to Makeb. Only because I never found the planet all that challenging to begin with.

What I would like to see is a bolster of some kind on Oricon. That area can be very challenging for a fresh 55, and some of the fights (cough..subterroth...cough..commander zaoron...cough) are overtuned to the point of being nearly impossible without help and/or using your heroic moment.

I would agree with this...but I can also live with the idea of this remaining one of the "challenging" areas in the game if folks wish it to be so.

I would agree with this...but I can also live with the idea of this remaining one of the "challenging" areas in the game if folks wish it to be so.

If they put in an optional bolster like the one OP was talking about, I'd just give it an eyeroll the same way I am with this one on Makeb, but if they outright nerf Oricon, I'll be annoyed.

Soloing the Heroic quest w/ Bonus or doing the other boss fights in my PVP gear are a fun challenge, and one of the few solo challenges available when Bounty Contract Week isn't up to solo the Kingpins. (I know I could always gear down to give myself a challenge, but there's just something about taking on a fight when you're fully decked out, and still having it be a good challenge that's more fun - to me, at least)