Kuat Ship Yards Leveling?

Wooker

Indeed, currently Kuat Drive Yards is the fastest way of levelling (eg. I got my sentinel to 55 before even starting chapter one) but I would highly reccomend the role-tied flashpoints to learn your class more. If you know your class well enough then I won't stop you from KDY madness :)

You could, but you might get bored quickly. Also, if you're a stealth class, you might find planetary levelling(without bonus, just stealthing past the mobs) with xp bonus much quicker, especially if you stealth heroics/kill gold stars you meet.

it's faster but not particularly recommended for a new player, and at higher level you may suffer the lack of commendations ( regular flashpoints have a daily mission together with group finder daily reward) and your gear could be too low level. kuat doesn't drop gear and you'll need it for planetary missions. and at higher level if you want to join group content you could suffer for being too undergeared.

it's faster but not particularly recommended for a new player ... and at higher level you may suffer the lack of commendations ... and at higher level if you want to join group content you could suffer for being too undergeared.

Not just that, but, let's be honest: KDY teaches some really bad habits.

So, sure, use KDY for a boost each level. You take a KDY run and an XP Boost once each level and you will fly to 55.

Just please, please, please, keep in mind that KDY is NOT preparing you for proper group dynamics.

Just as examples: 1) tanks aren't needed in KDY and so DPS starts to believe that it doesn't matter who pulls as it all ends in either a mass brawl or a wipe; and 2) healers aren't needed as there are Kolto stations and fresh KDY-only level 55s suddenly expect to see Kolto Pods in 'real' group flashpoints.

The joke that '2 Lightsabers equals Double the Leadership' has its genesis in KDY.

Not just that, but, let's be honest: KDY teaches some really bad habits.

KDY didn't do that. People had bad habits long before KDY.

Just please, please, please, keep in mind that KDY is NOT preparing you for proper group dynamics.

Just as examples: 1) tanks aren't needed in KDY and so DPS starts to believe that it doesn't matter who pulls as it all ends in either a mass brawl or a wipe; and 2) healers aren't needed as there are Kolto stations and fresh KDY-only level 55s suddenly expect to see Kolto Pods in 'real' group flashpoints.

The joke that '2 Lightsabers equals Double the Leadership' has its genesis in KDY.

Having a healer along is actually quite helpful for ensuring success of the group. No healer groups tend to get slowed down considerably having to stop between every fight.

As I enjoy the story aspect of the game, I enjoy leveling by being in a guild for the 10% bonus, using the FP and WZ bonus where appropriate, and doing both of the weeklies. Then, either do the side quests on every other section, and/or doing the bonus series on every other planet.

Since the side missions are the same, it keeps things refreshing and unique as you run through the game. I've got 7 55's and a 51 for all 8 classes, and I'm leveling up a guardian (as a Sentinel was my first toon before I knew what I was doing and wanted 2 lightsabers and didn't realize how valuable tanks were). I've basically been doing only main story quests, and then the bonus quests (as I skipped almost every planet's bonus because I didn't know about it, or forget and outleveled it).