The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

Would it really have been so difficult to have separate EU/US maintenance cycles like a sensible company (would've avoided this problem) rather than shafting the EU paying customers of there chance for a full days gaming before going back to work. Nice work on kicking your customers, nothing says we just want your money like going out of your way to be inconvenience your customer base.

/Shakes head and signs petition

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% sign, OP.

Besides, it's holiday week, I am a freelancer and mostly working in the evening hours or on the weekend. That's just said for all the people, who argue, the current EU maintenance time is awesome and perfect for everbody.

The maintenance window is something, most MMO publishers go through... even Blizzard.

If i remember right, their first EU maintenance (before it went down to wednesday night) was friday afternoon... ;)

I'm not used to post in forums whining, I realize how hard it's to launch a game of this size smoothly, but today's patch was more than I could eat... So, free day, server is supposed to be on at 5pm ... well, ok, I expect they don't do so many patches and I'm used to play on US server only games where this was the usual time.

3h delay, ok, it's the first live patch and problems happen.

Then servers come back, i log in i find a 50min queue on my server... sheesh... This is over me guys. Why in the holy galaxy they made only English, German and French servers is over me, basically Europe is only these 3 languages? didn't you expect that the rest of communities would all go to the same servers overflooding them? Yet you have maintained server limits for weeks in order to "discourage" players from joining those servers... really strange way to balance out servers... is this the "art & science" you were talking about?!

That's it, you've got another "discouraged" user :-(

It was 9PM in Finland when i finally got in. When i did, the queue was around 750 on my server. I have work tomorrow, i can't wait to even finish the queue, i could play maybe half an hour after that max.

I will cancel subscription if this happens on maintenance often. A free day for this garbage would be more than appropriate.

While today is still classed as a holiday in many parts of Europe and many of you may still be off work or school, this downtime slot was chosen for a number of reasons.

Firstly, in the past, we've talked on a number of occasions about how we will run a global service. Many players raised concerns that patches/updates would land later in the EU than in the US. We stated that as we're running a global service, we'll do everything we can to make sure the updates go live in both regions as close together as possible. For this to be achievable, we need to run maintenance at the same time.

Secondly, although many of you are able to play at this time, this is actually one of the times in the day (and the week) when we have the lowest number of players in game. It's certainly far from peak. Given that many of you are still on holiday, today's maintenance may feel a bit more out of place than usual, but in the future, the number of users impacted will be even smaller.

Finally it's also worth noting that today's downtime was a little longer than usual and in the future, shouldn't be the case.

So hopefully that's gone some way in shedding a light on the reasons as to why we've chosen this slot.

Furthermore, are are basically stating that EVERY WEEK the EU will only be able to play this game during the day for 6 days out of every 7?

I really hope for Bioware's sake that isn't the case, because that means that in the eyes of an ENTIRE CONTINENT, they are being given the shaft. Not good for business.

And what happens when you open Oceanic servers? Will they get shafted too?

Edited by Tarka

This is why we need a different maintenance time from the US servers, its prime time for us in Europe now and we have 1h30m queues to get into the a game we are paying for.

not all of us have the time and patient to wait so long after a hard day of work.

What a shambles

8 hours of "scheduled" maintenance, is one thing.

8 hours of "scheduled" maintenance during the day and during a holiday period is another.

Having 8 hours of "scheduled" downtime, during the day in a holiday period, to the point whereby it begins to eat into "peak time" is another, is plain boneheaded.

Bioware, you really to rethink your approach to downtimes.

Edited by Tarka

Peak hours are 5 PM - 11 PM. For CET servers went up at 7:30 PM so it's 2 and half an hour from peak time.

If BW keeps doing that they will have one less customer - I feel treated like second class customer, even tho I pay same price for their product.

If only one...

BW, please don't take this as "do this or I quit", but this day (yes, in Europe this took whole day, from morning untill evening) was terrible as far as our "game experience" is concerned. And if you consider that first impression is most important, pulling something like this so early can realy hurt playerbase.

F*** this S*** 9 hour maintenance. It's 8pm (here) and no suprise at least an hour of q, I have to go to work in the morning so... Early acces was a flop no increase in gamplay quality (only for those who entered day 1) lost days of play time to q, 2 days to shippment and now this what the f are we paying for jesus. It's not like you didn't have numbers and expectations at leat a month before. Eu f***** again

I just hope gw2 comes out fast coz this game was supposed to keep me entertained till then but i dont belive it will BECOUSE I CANT PLAY IT MOST OF THE TIME.

While today is still classed as a holiday in many parts of Europe and many of you may still be off work or school, this downtime slot was chosen for a number of reasons.

Firstly, in the past, we've talked on a number of occasions about how we will run a global service. Many players raised concerns that patches/updates would land later in the EU than in the US. We stated that as we're running a global service, we'll do everything we can to make sure the updates go live in both regions as close together as possible. For this to be achievable, we need to run maintenance at the same time.

Secondly, although many of you are able to play at this time, this is actually one of the times in the day (and the week) when we have the lowest number of players in game. It's certainly far from peak. Given that many of you are still on holiday, today's maintenance may feel a bit more out of place than usual, but in the future, the number of users impacted will be even smaller.

Finally it's also worth noting that today's downtime was a little longer than usual and in the future, shouldn't be the case.

So hopefully that's gone some way in shedding a light on the reasons as to why we've chosen this slot.

I would love to see if you change the time for the schedule maintenance for prime time in the US, i bet it would be a lovely time to make one.

Basically you just saying EU paying costumer are 2nd class ones, in "colourful" words.

Blizzard, Turbine, Funcom, NcSoft, Square Soft all run global services but they are not stupid enough to do what you guys are trying to do.

Every time time there's a patch deployment problem or a the maintenance that doesn't go according to plan, the EU costumers will get shafted.

Perfect example is the smallest patch you guys applied today ruined totally peoples plans for their game time with this moronic schedule times

It was 9PM in Finland when i finally got in. When i did, the queue was around 750 on my server. I have work tomorrow, i can't wait to even finish the queue, i could play maybe half an hour after that max.

I will cancel subscription if this happens on maintenance often. A free day for this garbage would be more than appropriate.

Yeah what people on these forums didnt get was that it migth be 10 to 4 maintenance but do take in to consideration that there are lot of other people who have to add hours to that time line too +2 in finland and some poor folks have to add even more so we are taking prime time for us and many other

also now that the maintenance took some extra time there are lots of EU players that missed the whole days game time

So im off to bed rest of you have a nice time gaming

Posting just for funzies because the queues to the servers are insane atm.

Todays maintenance time was absolutely bonkers. The servers came back up a bit before 21:00 and basically the whole day was wasted as far as playing SWTOR goes. The good thing was I got other stuff done.

The EU maintenance times should end at least around 10:00 GMT, not go into late day.

You know what would solve this ...

Having NA servers their maintenance in the hours that they are there now and doing the European servers ALSO at night when it's actually night in Europe.

I know a lot of people are indeed at work during the hours when they are down in Europe.

But what about those that don't work on Tuesday ? People who work in retail and their day of happens to be Tuesday ?

It's not something impossible or even drastic even. BW can't honestly say that 10-11 CET to 16-17 CET is lower in population than 5-6 CET to 11-12 CET during weekdays.

I'm just really bummed out that the maintenance is during my free day. But hey, it's not the end of the world. However I just can't agree with the Europeans being down during the day while these maintenance should be being doing at night. And not night in America, night here in Europe so you're paying customers are not losing 6 hours of playtime.

Now if these longer "day" maintenance's are just for the time being since they are still working out kinks with the official launch just a week ago, I'm fine with that. IF we evolve to let's say 10-11 CET to 12-13 CET That's more reasonable.

So conclusion :

Bioware, please give us a message that these long maintenance's are just temporary and they will get shorter & shorter so we only "lose" a few hours of playtime instead of 6 during the week

OR

Start doing the European maintenance during night time CET

You're paying customers with their Tuesday offday will appreciate it

Thank You

Yes BioWare you've got us. We Europeans are Vampires, and i have to congratulate you for being the first to find out. I mean how annoying are those updates and maintenances during the night when we can actualy play instead of hide for the sunlight. I can totaly understand how there are less players online during the day then during the night don't forget to congratulate the person in charge of the statistics he did his job well.

Edited by Ephizul

If we're about to see a maintenance during our daytime playing hours each week...I don't know. Maintenance times aren't about to go down to 1 hour for a long time.

I'm not sure I'm OK with being unable to play every tuesday.

Global maintenance hours are just bad business from a customer service standpoint. Past MMO's who've tried this schedule changed it to a schedule based on timezones. As far as I can remember, that isn't so bad. Maintenance hours should be during off-hours based on timezone.

It's unacceptable for EU to receive a weekly maintenance during daytime hours, despite them being the hours 'most of you should be working'. You can't sell that. Bioware is intentionally saying they cater more to their US playerbase than their EU playerbase, because they have a marginally higher amount of players?

I'm really not sure I can put up with this. I signed up for 3 months, so I'll evaluate in April, but my MMO patronage is all about how I'm being serviced. Right now, I don't like it too much.

Ofcourse, what does 1 guy who cancels in 4 months matter? Nothing at all.

Edited by Dekadez