Why is the economy so LOW?

Bearaids

From what I've noticed, most people just slide the item out of their inventory onto the GTM and hit "sell" with whatever default price is listed. Which in turn means other people have to, too, in order to actually sell their items. Not sure how the game determines the default price of an item on the GTM, it's typically significantly higher than the vendor price.

It's probably because the market's brand new. There's nothing truly rare. Everything for sale is exceptionally easy to obtain, so why charge a bazillion dollars for it? Once people start getting that legendary loot that has a 1/5000000 chance to drop of a boss that requires 20 people to kill and only respawns once a day. Then yeah, prices will go up. For now though there's just nothing worth jacking the price up for.

I'd say its..

A-Not everyone has the massive massive influx of credits provided by slicing. Certainly if you've a skill which means your gonna have 2 to 5 times as many credits as your more casual player (just doing quests/selling loot to vendors) then of course these prices seem low!

B-The game is very -very- young. Prices have no where to go but up from here. Come back this time next-year when there are 100s of lvl 50s able to buy up gear for their alts, and prices will be unattainable for completely new players (baring the use of slicing which I am sure by then they will have nerfed into uselessness. )

So yah, right now prices are super-cheap. That's common for a just-launched MMO. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Level 50 Epic Mods range from 12k-15k...(on my server at least (Port Nowhere) )

yet im cracking slicing cases for 7k a piece sometimes...People...you can make more money.

You have might missed the part about geme being few days old and the eco is in its infancy.