Misplaced My Legacy Set, Plus A Complaint.

Kourage

((I finally found the set))

Now that I've finally leveled a character on the Republic side, I want to use my already augmented Dread Host set to share between my main Bounty Hunter and new Trooper. Unfortunately, I seem to have sent most of the set to another character. I don't remember which 1 and it's probably on a companion. I sure wish I could check the inventory and cargo of my alts without logging onto each of them.

PS;

I don't even want to use a Legacy Set, most of them are ugly. I spent a lot of credits on my custom set too. All armor should be Legacy Bound.

Edited by Kourage

You have no idea what a Legacy Set is.

That's a bit presumptuous. He may indeed know, and be implying you can Legacy the mods over, rip them out, and put them in the armor of your choosing. At a cost of as much as 40K a piece, yes, but it can still be done.

That said, having Legacy Storage could solve your problem.

Edited by BuriDogshin

Making all armor sets legacy bound would destroy the economy. there is a reason you have to pay to remove the mods on sets, it's called a credit sink.

was your custom set adaptive?

he's not asking for that,

thread is a passive-aggressive way of asking for ability to search companions/alts for items.

He doesn't know which toons companion it is on, wants an easy way to find it without having to log onto that char and remove it from said companion.

That's a bit presumptuous. He may indeed know, and be implying you can Legacy the mods over, rip them out, and put them in the armor of your choosing. At a cost of as much as 40K a piece, yes, but it can still be done.

That said, having Legacy Storage could solve your problem.

My Legacy Set is augmented. I'm not going to augment another set when I know I have a full set already augmented. If you had bothered to read my 1st post, you might understand that I am going to share the armor with my Republic Mirror class. There will be no need to pull mods out. Legacy gear is acquired from reputation vendors and is not part of collections.

Making all armor sets legacy bound would destroy the economy. there is a reason you have to pay to remove the mods on sets, it's called a credit sink.

was your custom set adaptive?

It's a mirror class and no I don't have to remove the mods. It's a shame we are so limited on which sets we can share. If anything, the costs associated with changing armor prevents me from buying new sets. Why have such a huge assortment and make it so costly to change between them?

I would really like to wear the HM Operations set, but I can't share it with my alt and the costs are too great to augment 7 pieces and move everything into it. What they are forcing me to do is use a Legacy set.

These are the sets you have to choose from

http://tor-fashion.com/legacy-sets/

My missing set is Dread Host. It only costs about 325,000 credits for the whole set. At the time I augmented it, it costs another 100,000 credits per piece to augment. 75k for the part and 30k to apply it. So it costs twice as much to augment it as the entire set costs. The total was over 1 million credits. It would be slightly cheaper now, but still costly.

My Legacy Set is augmented. I'm not going to augment another set when I know I have a full set already augmented. If you had bothered to read my 1st post, you might understand that I am going to share the armor with my Republic Mirror class. There will be no need to pull mods out. Legacy gear is acquired from reputation vendors and is not part of collections.

You're speaking to someone with 6 fulls sets of fully augmented Bound-to-Legacy (BtL) endgame gear for my toons, 2 half-sets (for Heal-to-DPS respecs) and four partly-augmented sets of Legacy endgame gear for their companions (one for each mainstat for DPS), plus over two dozen augmented BtL mainhands and offhands (11 just for the DPS companions; wish I could get BtL electrosaffs or techstaffs, but no.)

So I know what you are doing: I do it, in spades, both across and within factions: Z'nna, Z'reign and C'enna share gear, and Z'yla, Mewsic, and Z'rho, as do Z'lot and Cymarose, and so on. And they all share the same Companion gear if I am headed out to do dailies. Companions, fortunately, do not use set bonuses.

Yes, tracking down all that stuff has been hard at times. Legacy Storage will help. I'll put at least the Companion sets (39 pieces total at present) on a Legacy Storage tab and check them in and out at the start and end of each run (which will take less than a minute to do.) I might do the same with the sets for the alts, but with them I can see on the login screen what each toon is wearing so I might not be as diligent about it.

And yes, BtL gear isn't the best looking (although Confiscated Mercenary and BBA gear isn't bad, Voss has some fans, Makeb Assault works for troopers, and Ashara looks OK in dyed Tattered Ritualist.) Hopefully we will see better looking BtL in the future, or perhaps a dye module that converts any empty shell into BtL ...