Not much reward?

PhrostMan

So I've recently came back to SWTOR after 2 years of putting it off and decided to level up my Marauder which finally hit 50 today. After buying the battlemaster set I decided to level up my valor level so I could wear it and it got me wondering after a days worth of pvp.

While the burst on the carnage spec is high it's nigh impossible to even get a full rotation without being knocked back, rooted, stunned, all happening in multiple succession with the only way of me surviving is cloak and sabre ward. I can get decent dps but I just feel like the amount of effort required just isn't worth it compared to my other toons like my sith assasin and my merc. Any advice because it feels kinda pointless to gimp myself when I could be having an easier time.

So I've recently came back to SWTOR after 2 years of putting it off and decided to level up my Marauder which finally hit 50 today. After buying the battlemaster set I decided to level up my valor level so I could wear it and it got me wondering after a days worth of pvp.

While the burst on the carnage spec is high it's nigh impossible to even get a full rotation without being knocked back, rooted, stunned, all happening in multiple succession with the only way of me surviving is cloak and sabre ward. I can get decent dps but I just feel like the amount of effort required just isn't worth it compared to my other toons like my sith assasin and my merc. Any advice because it feels kinda pointless to gimp myself when I could be having an easier time.

Until we find our much needed solution.. Probably play something else. Unless you're like me and just can't seem to play another class

And Undying Rage

And Force Camouflage

And Obfuscate

And maybe Predation

And Defensive Roll

Playing a marauder had become a "badge of honor" of sorts for some players these days. Are marauders capable of fantastic pressure and dps? Oh yes. Are they suffering from the amount of roots, slows, and stuns in the game right now? The answer is a resounding **** yes. This issue becomes more pronounced when one is against a particularly well coordinated team or when on a team that lacks sufficient dps and/or heals. My advice? Stick it out. I've had some really rewarding games as a carnage marauder when I've had the pleasure of being on a decent team. Playing with some friends or guildies really makes a difference. Besides, I believe the pvp gods will smile upon this class fairly soon. Practice and get better so when that day comes, you are ready.

Playing a marauder had become a "badge of honor" of sorts for some players these days. Are marauders capable of fantastic pressure and dps? Oh yes. Are they suffering from the amount of roots, slows, and stuns in the game right now? The answer is a resounding **** yes. This issue becomes more pronounced when one is against a particularly well coordinated team or when on a team that lacks sufficient dps and/or heals. My advice? Stick it out. I've had some really rewarding games as a carnage marauder when I've had the pleasure of being on a decent team. Playing with some friends or guildies really makes a difference. Besides, I believe the pvp gods will smile upon this class fairly soon. Practice and get better so when that day comes, you are ready.

Lol that was actually what I was thinking and while I do like my other toons Mara just sits well and is fun to play... pve wise. I've had moments where I've gotten top dps and top 3 players but I actually feel like I could've done better if I was my assasin.